Thomas duo will be shut down, only two to worry about

Renohawk

Reaction score
IMO, Sherman will have full responsibility to cover D Thomas the entire game, and J Thomas well, good luck if the Hawks recent success against top tier TE is any indication. Against Graham 2 games, Davis 3 games, Gonzalez and Olsen, who all rate higher than J Thomas, they combined for 20 catches and 270 yards in 7 games.

That leaves Welker and Decker for the rest of the LOB and group. That pesky Welker, who in the past we've had trouble with small slot guys, one reason we went after Winfield, so I guess Thurman would draw him mostly, and maybe a nice thump by the LOB as he's going over the middle should slow him down.

TzarokHawkFan

Reaction score
They have 5 guys with 10+ TD's, Thomas 1 & 2 aren't their only targets. The LOB will have their hands full, but WILL be up for the challenge.

kmeleon

Reaction score
We don't isolate corners on WR's. They play a side and that's that. Our corners and safeties are going to punch these guys at the line and shut them down. We're way too physical for this team.

jkitsune

Reaction score
I'm trying to think... have we played a team that has four great receiving options like the Broncos do? The Saints have Colston and Graham, and a great QB... the Niners in the playoffs and SF had Crabtree, Boldin, and Davis... but have we played anyone with four great options? The Falcons have Gonzalez, White... but Jones was out... this is about the only thing that makes me nervous about the LOB vs the Broncos offense. Peyton's a stellar QB with a lot of options.

strohmin

Reaction score
We may not be a joke of a secondary, but Denvers Offense is no joke either. This game is not gonna be as easy as people are making it out to be.

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
This game reminds me a bit of the first Patriots SB victory, where they went in having no chance against the greatest show on turf. As I recall, their DBs gave up the short routes in the middle and then made the receivers pay. By the second half, St. Louis's receiving corps was hearing footsteps. For all the accolades Tom Brady has received since that season, we forget that the Pats had a staunch defense that shut down St. Louis's highly potent offense.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
kmeleon":5apr54tq said:
We don't isolate corners on WR's. They play a side and that's that. Our corners and safeties are going to punch these guys at the line and shut them down. We're way too physical for this team.

They allowed Sherman to shadow Boldin the first game

johntfootball

Reaction score
I will not be suprised that Sherman will slow down DT, and he would be the best to try to shut down. But, Peyton has many targets and he likes to spread them out as much as possible. Welker, Decker, JT, and Moreno are probably the primary targets. All of them have had 10+ TDs in the regular season.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Yeah, the Broncos offense will be our toughest challenge this year. I do not think we have faced a team with as many weapons as the Broncos do. I mean 4 guys with 10+ TDs, that's pretty insane. Lets hope our guys are up to the challenge.

taz291819

Reaction score
Don't forget the weather. It's going to be a factor in this game, which goes against the passing attack.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Welker worries me the most but this is going to be similar to Atlanta last year. Denver WILL get some shots in but we're much better on the defensive side this year and Percy Harvin is the x-factor.

chris98251

Reaction score
Defending the Bunch Package and the Pick Plays will be the focus, after that it's man over and zone under with the LB's taken the edge for screens. Manning cannot drill the ball like most QB's anymore, he's more like a Carson Palmer type and we ate him up, just couldn't stop the run that day. Float anything in our secondary and we make a play for the ball. They have a dinged up Mareno also, ribs hurting him, kinda of the worst case scenerio for a RB going against a defense that likes to let you know their name when they hit you.

I think our key is going to be 3.50 to 4.0, make Manning hold the ball that long and we are good.

Not only does that give our line more time but it's enough deviation in his rhythm and time to throw off his spots on the feild.

Broncos

Reaction score
I really think Peyton will be looking at Jacob Tamme more than anybody expects him to.
Tamme could very well be the surprise of the Broncos Offense.... Virgil Green could be a surprise as well.

djb28

Reaction score
It is a good thing our Defense is such a tight knit group who are not selfish and talk the entire game. That will help out a lot!
I am just worried about the no huddle crap and us getting our rotations in. or hoping if they do have to stay on the field, that they can get the job done!

This is going to be a nail bitter for both teams. I cant wait!

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
I think we will be fine.. they can only have 5 receivers on the field.
We have seen 5 receiver sets all year. i'm not worried.. and before anyone talks about how awesome their offense is..
Remember who they played this year.

also.. wes welker needs to be hit a few times and he hears footsteps ... just like last time.

MileHighFish

Reaction score
I agree that Denver hasn't faced a defense like Seattle's all season but in the same breath will say Seattle hasn't faced a offense like Denver's all year. Seattle matches up well defensively (obviously) but does need to account for Moreno out of the backfield. I wouldn't be surprised to see Denver run a lot of RB screens and short dump passes to Moreno & Ball to pull the Seattle DB's in an attempt to give the Denver wideouts a little space.

With Decker being the smallest wideout (not Welker in the slot) at 6' 3"/215, it could present some matchup issues for Seattle. That being said, Seattle's DB's present a unique challenge in that they are extremely physical and talented. Should be interesting to say the least! Manning's biggest strength this game could be his ability to get rid of the ball quickly and avoid punishing hits by dumping the ball off for short or no gain. He will push the tempo in order to limit the amount of defensive substitutions and work on wearing the Seattle defense down if at all possible.

To the poster that mentioned Carson Palmer in the same breath as Peyton Manning, I thought weed was only legal in Colorado!;-D

MileHighFish

Reaction score
djb28":b8jn1gpg said:
It is a good thing our Defense is such a tight knit group who are not selfish and talk the entire game. That will help out a lot!
I am just worried about the no huddle crap and us getting our rotations in. or hoping if they do have to stay on the field, that they can get the job done!

I am not overly concerned with Welker hearing footsteps (although possible). He was the one dishing out the hits last game versus the Pats:D

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
MileHighFish":2vn3pjm5 said:
djb28":2vn3pjm5 said:

I am not overly concerned with Welker hearing footsteps (although possible). He was the one dishing out the hits last game versus the Pats:D

Not sure if you watched last year, but Kam concussed Welker on a short route (see my picture). I think Welker is already going to be on the lookout for Kam.

chris98251

Reaction score
MileHighFish":20jpmrld said:
djb28":20jpmrld said:

Your right, with that cavern of a Helmet they will sound like impact tremors.