Bronx AND Hawks fan... I come in peace with 1 point to make

Broncos

Reaction score
Hello Hawks nation!
I can't begin to tell you how anxious and already relieved I am with this matchup!
I have been born and raised in Denver and have been blessed with my parents being season ticket holders in my youth. Because of this, I always had
a place in my soul for the Hawks. From watching Curt run the ball, Steve catching and Kenny laying the smack down on opponents, the Hawks have always
been my team that kept me interested in the NFL and not just focusing on the Broncos.... Let's not forget the rivalry between Largent and Mike Harden!!! That was some hard hitting!
I lived out in North Seattle during my 20's and loved every minute of it. Loved going to games out there and actually braved standing around Pioneer Square when
they brought down the iconic Concrete Mushroom.

Anyway, my point is this.... I want to respectfully mention that while Richard Sherman is so focused and vocal about everybody knowing that he is the best
Cornerback in the league, Champ Bailey (who has already been there and done that) is quietly preparing to win the Super Bowl... Think hard about that because it truly is
food for thought and may be a major point in this game that people never mention.
Champs days as the #1 all pro are now pretty well done, but all that is left for one of the classiest men to ever put on a uniform, is go out with a ring.
He's no Ray Lewis and he's no Bettis.... He's the real deal in a class all his own and he's ready to end it right.
I raise my glass to the Hawk nation and I'm really pumped for a great game by both teams!
My wife and I are already preparing to get our tickets and flights booked for the rematch next season! :179422:

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Um, well hello I guess but lets be clear here:

Sherm is the BEST CB in the NFL, he doesn't "waste" time talking trash, he is one of the most prepared CB in the NFL when it comes to competing and game planning. I don't think Bailey is doing anything Sherman isn't and it'll show up on Sunday, rest assured.

BTW, Sherm is only one player back there, don't sleep on Thurmond, Maxwell, or Lane.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Rooting for division rivals ? I guess it's possible but it just seems weird.

This Superbowl is set up well for you.

And Champ Bailey can prepare all he wants; he's a good player but he's on his last legs. No where near Sherman at this point in his career. In his prime he was special though.

Exittium

Reaction score
Champ is a has been injured bench warmer. And the Broncos D is I believe the lowest ranked we have faced all season. And yup call me a homer but fact is we have manning and the broncos number. Our defense will show the broncos and remind manning what's it like playing a real team.

86Hawk

Reaction score
I love how people think that since the media is trashing him he won't be ready for the game and won't be as prepared. The dude is a student of the game with ridiculous talent and studies film like a mofo. Keep dreamin

OP
OP
B

Broncos

Reaction score
I'm wondering if Manning even bothers going to D. Thomas (Sherman I would assume will cover him most)
I say this because of the other weapons weapons we have. It's as if we have just as many playmakers as you do in the backfield. Both teams are stacked...
I have a hunch that coach Fox has a plan for V Green and Moreno as a duo in the backfield to keep the Hawks D honest.
Something is going to give in one way or another.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
You know, you come in here trying to start out on a high note, but then your post completely lacks facts regarding Dick Sherman. The MEDIA is the only one still talking about Sunday. Dick has moved on to preparation phase. He IS the best and he'll only tell you after he rips your heart out and makes you feel stupid for comments like, "he's so focused on...blah blah blah, wretch, puke, pfffttt." You don't know this team dude, despite the post suggesting you do. Thanks for the food for thought though.

If we lose this game it's because denver proves they are better, not misdirected focus.

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
For some reason, I can't picture Sherman having a weepy meltdown on the field and blubbering, "I just can't prepare, coach! The media keeps talking about me!!!!!"

seanoob

Reaction score
Who was asking where the broncos fans were? Well, here you go.

Shock2k

Reaction score
Sorry man, Sherman is legend for his work ethic. Prime Time said it best, "He's not the most athletic, and he's not the fastest, he wins through intelligence and preparation".

Since Sherman has been in the league, he leads the league in Passes Defensed, Interceptions and Opposing QB ratings. By the way that's leads the league in interceptions with the fewest passes thrown against him. Think about that.

All his trash talking is strategic. (not in the NFC game, that was raw emotion).

1) Trash talk last year was to get the LOB on the map (noticed). Something he specifically discussed with Pete Carroll.
2) Trash talk this year is to bait people into throwing to him. Kind of like Kaep throwing to Crabree on Sunday. Mission accomplished.

Don't buy into the hype my friend. Welcome to the board!

dradee

Reaction score
Sherman is the Cerebral Assassin , he will be ready!

OP
OP
B

Broncos

Reaction score
Just mentioning that he has to take time out of preparation to explain himself on the radio, journalists and all that jive. I would assume it's quite the hassle and I simply don't see the stupid media
letting it down. We as fans may have moved on, but the scrutiny is not going to end unfortunately.
I love Sherman and applaud his game BTW... Just an observation.

86Hawk

Reaction score
Broncos":n5755lok said:
Just mentioning that he has to take time out of preparation to explain himself on the radio, journalists and all that jive. I would assume it's quite the hassle and I simply don't see the stupid media
letting it down. We as fans may have moved on, but the scrutiny is not going to end unfortunately.
Maybe not write about something you obviously know nothing about.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
I'd like Champ Bailey more if he'd hung onto the damn Pick-6 vs. instead of letting Whines Hard come down with the ball back in '06. Then this Super Bowl would be a rematch, with the Donkeys looking to settle the score rather than the NFL's darkest day that XL turned into.

OP
OP
B

Broncos

Reaction score
That Super Bowl was hands down the biggest black eye in Super Bowl history. Still stings today.

OP
OP
B

Broncos

Reaction score
Of course they don't. They shouldn't as well. I'm just throwing that out there from the Bronx stand point.
Plenty of thoughts to ponder about with both teams. I just found the irony between the Two players a bit interesting.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Bailey is the last guy I would think of as being pivotal to the Bronco's success. That team begins and ends with the success of Peyton and that awesome receiver group. Especially with Von Miller out.

Living in Kansas City means I see the Broncos as much as someone living in Denver I know how they tick up close and personal and I don't like their game or style from John Elway and right on down to the waterboy.

Wartooth

Reaction score
Can't help but wonder how 'Ol' Man Champ' does if he has to cover Percy?
I know Sherm will be fine no matter what receiver gets in his space!

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Wartooth":2z2xt9lr said:
Can't help but wonder how 'Ol' Man Champ' does if he has to cover Percy?
I know Sherm will be fine no matter what receiver gets in his space!
It won't be pretty believe that!