Preseason game against Den

Seahawker86

Reaction score
Yeah, it was a preseason game but if anyone remembers watching the game and what the announcers were saying you would remember that it didn't look like a preseason game. The announcers even said it and the frustration by Manning proved it. Both teams were opening there real playbooks out on both sides of the ball. Both had their starters in for the first half though I think Denver took Manning out in their last drive before the half ended. We were up like 24 to 3 or something like that. Both teams were already being touted as future conference champions and I think they were both out to prove something. All I'm saying is go rewatch the game before you say its only preseason. Im telling you you won't come back to this board and be a Debbie downer will your reply to this . I've been referring back to that game all year when people asked what I thought of playing Denver in the Superbowl.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
It was preseason. Throw it away. Means absolutely nothing.

Polaris

Reaction score
kthebestwayw":20gcbp8n said:
Yeah, it was a preseason game but if anyone remembers watching the game and what the announcers were saying you would remember that it didn't look like a preseason game. The announcers even said it and the frustration by Manning proved it. Both teams were opening there real playbooks out on both sides of the ball. Both had their starters in for the first half though I think Denver took Manning out in their last drive before the half ended. We were up like 24 to 3 or something like that. Both teams were already being touted as future conference champions and I think they were both out to prove something. All I'm saying is go rewatch the game before you say its only preseason. Im telling you you won't come back to this board and be a Debbie downer will your reply to this . I've been referring back to that game all year when people asked what I thought of playing Denver in the Superbowl.

Both Coach Fox and Coach Carroll called the entire first game as a "live game practice" and treated it as a live game. Indeed iirc Peyton Manning played the entire first half.

It's a good first look at how the teams match up both in scheme and personelle....and it was meant to (by both coaches).

Polaris

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3o0dew90 said:

Not in this case. Look at how it was played in called. I grant that only a limited amount of info can be taken from it, but it's far from meaningless.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Polaris":3vh9usj3 said:
It's a good first look at how the teams match up both in scheme and personelle....and it was meant to (by both coaches).

No. No it's not.

It was August. A lot has changed since then.

Look at SF Week 2 to the NFC Championship game as an example.

Polaris

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":g8tkg26e said:
Polaris":g8tkg26e said:

No. No it's not.

It was August. A lot has changed since then.

Look at SF Week 2 to the NFC Championship game as an example.

Actually the SF Week 2 game wasn't all that different than this last game except that San Fran made fewer early mistakes AND had Crabtree. Remember the score was 0-5 at halftime.

You are going to tell me that Denver has gotten people back and is stronger than they were in August? I hope not cause it isn't so.

johntfootball

Reaction score
You just can't even consider looking at a pre-season game ever. Its only purpose is to evaluate talent and get the first string in some rythim with very generic basic plays.

mikeak

Reaction score
Peyton calls plays at the LOS based on what he sees. So in pre-season I do expect their offense to look more like regular season. He simply adjusts to the right call

Defense on the other hand won't have the same opponent specific game plans

So as I see it advantage Seahawks

Polaris

Reaction score
johntfootball":2gcy12q0 said:
You just can't even consider looking at a pre-season game ever. Its only purpose is to evaluate talent and get the first string in some rythim with very generic basic plays.

That wasn't the way this preseason game was played....by either team or either coach. I know it. You know it. Otherwise Peyton Manning would not have played the entire first half trying to solve the Seattle defense (and he was clearly frustrated by it that game).

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Irrelevant.

...However, they did show a couple sideline shots of Manning looking pissed when he was still playing in the first half. I'm pretty sure Peyton Manning only has one mode: Win no matter what, I don't care if it's preseason!

86Hawk

Reaction score
I was at the game and it was playoff atmosphere. Having to deal with that early in preseason on the road at the clink is not an easy thing to do. So for me it's hard to take anything from that game. But if we can jump out to an early lead like we did in that game I like our chances.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
kthebestwayw":24wzs516 said:
Hasselbeck":24wzs516 said:

Throw it away??? I'm pretty sure that means absolutely nothing.... Go watch the game

It. Means. Nothing.

And I did watch the game. In August.