I think we beat the Broncos by at least 14 in the Bowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Not sure if others agree but I think we will really take it to the Broncs in the bowl. We match up very well with them on both sides and would be surprised if we did not win this game by a wide margin. Agree/disagree?

Ruminator

Reaction score
We already beat Manning by 23.

Oh, wait, that was his brother.

Seriously, a comfortable margin victory is entirely conceivable, and I'm not saying that just because I'm a Seahawk fanatic. I say that looking at all variables and knowing the Broncos' offense have their work cut out for them dealing with NFL's #1 defense.

rideaducati

Reaction score
I'm with you. Peyton looked more flustered than I've ever seen him when he went against Seattle's base defense in preseason. I expect even more frustration from him in the Super bowl. GO HAWKS!

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'd like to see it, but honestly, I see Manning scoring in garbage time to close the score to 10 or so (if we're up big).

I don't see us up by a ton because once we're up by 14 or so, Pete's going to go all conservative and just run the ball over and over again. It's a proven fact that play calling on both sides of the ball is much more conservative in the Super Bowl.

Rufus

Reaction score
In the first half of the preseason game--our starters vs their starters--we beat them 33-7, so a 14-point win isn't inconceivable or unprecedented.

SeahawksMSHing

Reaction score
3 keys to a blowout win IMO:

1) Multiple Turnovers
2) Scoring TD's vs FG's
3) A couple of big play's going for 6 (punt return, kickoff return, defensive TD or long TD pass...)

Denver is going to move the ball but can they get TD's? How is the WR's & TE's going to feel come the 3rd and 4th qtr after being punished by our D with all the underneath stuff they run. BamBam is going to put a hurting on a few Broncos... lastly if our pass rush goes off (ala Packers last year) this game will get ugly fast... Manning on the ground several times and Seattle up by 10+ and the blowout is on as the LOB will pick him off several times. Last time we played in Metlife we got 5 picks would like to get 6 this time :) Seahawks could forever tarnish Peyton's legacy. Less than 55% completion rate, 6 picks and less than 200 yards in the superbowl would destroy this guys legacy.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
A blowout against a team like Denver would require a lot of turnovers and ball control. They can put up a lot of offense and while they are not exactly lighting up the scoreboard, they are holding the ball for long periods of time and packing on the yards.

The only way it happens is if Manning gets out of his zone. That is a tall order.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
I have 30-17 Hawks as my preseason pick for the Super Bowl, over Denver.

Treefiddy

Reaction score
Call me crazy but I think our offense will be the star of this game. Denvers D maybe playing well right now but I think RW carves them up and Lynch shoves the ball down their throat.

Miile High

Reaction score
Why do folks keep using the 3rd pre-season game as a measuring stick? Most folks realize that pre-season offense is about as vanilla as it gets, right? Manning played for about three possessions, a total of 16 passes.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Treefiddy":5k1socld said:
Call me crazy but I think our offense will be the star of this game. Denvers D maybe playing well right now but I think RW carves them up and Lynch shoves the ball down their throat.

I think that there is a high possibility of this. I gotta be honest, I was just happy to get to this game. Playing SF is like playing your twin brother in a game that you both play not only well in, but alike. The Hawks defense ended up being better than SFs and the offense was able to make some plays while running the ball very effectively.

Denver does not pose even close to the same problems on defense that the last 6 teams the Hawks have faced do. They have been working against the best and the O line is bound to find a lot more success in both the running game and pass pro against a team missing their best pass rusher. Just consider the guys that RW has been contending with. Quinn, Long, Aldon Smith, Brooks, Jordan, Campbell and Dockett. This is a game that Russell will find space and that is dangerous.

This is the kind of defense that RW thrives against and the Seahawks score 30 points on. If they can just keep Manning and company out of the endzone for 4 times or less they can win.

Showmeyourtd's

Reaction score
Their D is terrible, and last time Luck ran a few times they were tourched. Not worried.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Miile High":12binrb4 said:
Why do folks keep using the 3rd pre-season game as a measuring stick? Most folks realize that pre-season offense is about as vanilla as it gets, right? Manning played for about three possessions, a total of 16 passes.

The game doesn't mean anything now because it took place in August, but Manning played five series and nearly the entire first half. The score was 27-3 before Manning and the Denver 1s left the game. Here's a summary of the game from Mile High Report.

As far as their offense being "vanilla," I'm sure you're right to an extent, but Peyton was using his audibles, bunch formations, and went almost exclusively no-huddle for the entire first half. But whatever, it doesn't mean anything anymore. That game was in August. Both are different teams now.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Our team has rarely won by a larger type margin this year against better teams. I'm afraid that will be the case again though my heart and blood pressure sincerely hope the OP is right.

Spokanefan

Reaction score
As I said in another post, in Denver, in 50+ degree weather, against a NE defense ranked 10th overall & 18th against the pass during the regular season (and then losing Talib during the game), Manning puts up only 26 points? What will he do against the #1 overall defense and #1 passing defense, on the east coast, and in the cold? I'll be shocked if Denver scores more than 20.

My pick - 27-14, Seahawks, and more for us if Percy actually plays the whole game....

rideaducati

Reaction score
Miile High":gwxirnk2 said:

Seattle's defense was just as vanilla. Peyton played well but the wide receivers had trouble dealing with the physicality of Seattle's secondary and continually handed the ball over to the Seahawks. I think the Broncos receivers will have even more trouble holding on to the ball in the cold this time.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
I'm not really interested in destroying Peyton's legacy. Even with all of the over-exposure and media love he receives, he still is at heart a decent man. I just want to win, not disrespect him.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Thought it was interesting to revisit this post prior to XLVIII. Lol

NINEster

Reaction score
seabowl":3ofbjsso said:
Thought it was interesting to revisit this post prior to XLVIII. Lol

He could definitely get beat down again and it would surprise NO ONE.

However, it must be said that if the 2013 Seahawks had to play the 2015 Broncos, the game would have been a lot, lot closer.

Peyton's long ball game in that SB was garbage anyways. Might as well have the game manager Peytonicus suit up with a far nastier defense than he had two seasons ago.