Good idea to watch the Superbowl with a diehard Broncos fan?

Abach

Reaction score
So the group we've gathered to watch the Superbowl with consists of Seahawk fans. My cousin is married to a die hard Bronco fan. The kind of fan that bought a ticket last week and flew to denver to see them play. Should we invite him? Has anyone on this board had negative experiences with watching playoff games with an opposing fanatic? I've done it once back in 2007 when the hawks played the packers (that sucky game where we were up 14-0 and blew it) and I watched it with my best friend who was a packer fan and it was one of the worst experiences of my life haha.

Wartooth

Reaction score
If he starts whining when the Hawks are kicking Donko ass...
Have him go wait in the car until the games over.
If he's a hard case, won't stop whining, or go wait in the car...
Drop him.

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
My wife is from Seattle, a passionate fan since the franchise arrived in 1976.

My cousins, who live up the street, are from here in LA, but they are big Peyton fans and they hate "Cheatin' Pete." They invited us over to watch the Super Bowl.

I made up an excuse.

Why? Because my wife says she could not handle it. She wants the freedom to stomp, scream, spit, swear, and roll on the floor. She does not want to be in the presence of anyone who is going to cheer every time the Broncos make a play.

As such, we are watching the game alone, just the two of us.

It is as it should be.

Greenhell

Reaction score
Being in Colorado I've already had requests from my Donkey fan friends to hold a SB party but a part of me is sayin', "HELL NAW!" It's a double edged sword. I feel it probably better to watch this one without the opposing team fan base in my house. It could get ugly.

dbmack

Reaction score
mr dbmack had no choice in last year's Super Bowl. I didn't really root out loud for the Ravens out of respect for him but I also was not rooting for the 49ers and he knew it. He was rooting for the 49ers in the NFC Championship game but he is also a Seahawks fan so the loss didn't hurt him as much as last year's SB. It is actually kind of interesting to watch a big game like that with someone who likes both teams. One of his teams was going to the Super Bowl no matter what happened. It was kind of interesting that he said the one thing he notices about the Seahawks is the 12th Man. He said even in their hey day the 49ers never had the whole city/region behind them like that.

ivotuk

Reaction score
It's cool, as long as he doesn't have a gun. But you should probably get a Tazer to settle him down a little. :p

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I have no desire to watch with a fan of the opposing team. One friend of mine already told me he's cheering for Peyton to win another ring, so obviously we are not watching the game together. Maybe that means I take the game too seriously but back and forth trash talk etc is not something i find fun. Maybe for regular season but not for playoffs or Super Bowl.

Timberhawk

Reaction score
Go to the Broncos board and listen to them for a spell and then decide. Some of them are as loonie as the Niners fans. Their response to everything is "Seachickens or Seadderall. (They really like that one and think it is original. Also didn't they have the second most PED suspensions to us?) and, bet you have only been a fan for two years since the Seachickens got good!!"

They may say the same about us be loones too I suppose, nah we cool:)

My family's watching it alone too. We don't want to have to worry about anyone else buggin in anyway.

Go Hawks!!

falcongoggles

Reaction score
I have house guests coming in during this time and they arranged their visit months ago. To my wife's chagrin I emailed them when Seattle punched their ticket to the big one and told them that if they are Denver fans they need to stay elsewhere.

Hell no you don't watch the biggest game of the year with the "enemy"

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
I see no good coming of this. Unless of course people are super-duper adult about everything. But since we're talking about passionate, psychotic football fans here, who desperately want-Want-WANT their team to win, I think that concept can be shelved. Would you have wanted to watch XL with a bunch of Stealers fans? I think not. And turning that on its head, would you have wanted to be the lone Stealers fan celebrating that "victory" in a Seahawks household? Yuck.

Don't do it!

seaNOmercy

Reaction score
Not a chance in hell man, spare yourself the heartache and DON'T DO IT! It's a conflict of interests, he's going to piss you off from the opening kick.

P.S. I lost $50 on that 07 packers playoff game. Ugggggh...

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
I would not do it. Heck I really do not like watching football with anyone. I have my buddies, we text and call at breaks. Plus all of us(buddies) record the game and start watching after it gets going. I will probably be live for the Superb Owl due to the commercials are sometimes entertaining.

Boiler

Reaction score
Depends on the person. I watched the "We want the ball and we're gonna score" game with a die hard Packers fan at my house. He was pretty cool about it.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Will he paint his face before stopping by? That's a decent litmus test.

That's at least one broken coffee table per interception, right there.