roger gödell fines sherm $7,875 for "choking"

Axx

Reaction score
Tom PelisseroVerified account ‏@TomPelissero

#Seahawks CB Richard Sherman was fined $7,875 for unsportsmanlike conduct/taunting.

sherm2.gif

Polaris

Reaction score
Axx":23t93pak said:
Tom PelisseroVerified account ‏@TomPelissero

#Seahawks CB Richard Sherman was fined $7,875 for unsportsmanlike conduct/taunting.

Well we knew that was coming and the fine is a fairly small number (I was expecting 15k) considering it was a called 15 yard penalty and :sarcasm_on: it did create a little media attention :sarcasm_off: .

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Meanwhile roger continues to literally choke the life out of the NFL.

I really hope they do something about him. Leave the game alone, Rog.

18 game season - no
expanded playoffs - no
removing extra points - no
changing playoff seeding - no

no no no

no.

NO.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Not surprised at all. The chocking signal is the type of offense that gets this type of fine regularly.

I also believe Sherman already knew he'd get fined when he did it and it's probably worth every penny to him

Basis4day

Reaction score
Now if they would just reveal who tried to take Lane's head off.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Still waiting for Aldon Smith's permanent suspension from football.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
kidhawk":26tci26l said:
Not surprised at all. The chocking signal is the type of offense that gets this type of fine regularly.

I also believe Sherman already knew he'd get fined when he did it and it's probably worth every penny to him

Yeah not surprised by this fine. Choking gestures will get you that fine everytime.

OrFan

Reaction score
The world, and especially the NFL, has become far too pc.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
He better not open his mouth about the best, or Sherm will shut it for him real quick

HawkGA

Reaction score
Basis4day":24rfqwcv said:
Now if they would just reveal who tried to take Lane's head off.

I'm becoming less impressed by the day with this particular situation. While in the grand scheme of things it was pretty small, as far as I'm concerned it goes to the character of the people involved. Not impressed at all with Harbaugh's response. I respect taking up for your people but you also have to man up and be honest. The Leagues silence to this point is pathetic. Right and wrong don't just matter at high profile times. They matter all the time, or they don't matter at all.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Will Crabtree get fined for striking a player? One thing that's bugged me through the Sherman press explosion is no one coming down on Crabtree for smacking RS.

SC

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Blitzer88":3aozajqx said:
kidhawk":3aozajqx said:

Yeah not surprised by this fine. Choking gestures will get you that fine everytime.
I'm pretty sure it was the throat-slashing gesture that was called out specifically as illegal. In clicking around a bit, it looks like Sherman got the fine because he got the flag, specifically for taunting. Tate got the same flag and fine for waving bye-bye to the Rams. And that's why there's no fine for Papaki either -- no flag, no fine. Though clearly, his mocking of Newton met the threshold for a taunting penalty: (c) The use of baiting or taunting acts or words that engender ill will between teams.... Refs just decided not to call that one on the day.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Any word on the Lane hit? Should be a review by now - only two games last weekend.

Forgive if in another thread - first one i clicked on today.