Jeremy Lane Hit out of bounds video

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
You see Lane's head snap back just as he's disappearing behind the coach. Big man, taking out the punter. How's that sofa fitting your butt as you watch the Super Bowl from your home?

kidhawk

Reaction score
StorytellerMatt":3ad0o709 said:
You see Lane's head snap back just as he's disappearing behind the coach. Big man, taking out the punter. How's that sofa fitting your butt as you watch the Super Bowl from your home?

Gunner not punter

lsheldon

Reaction score
You can see the guy lower his shoulder and drive it up into Lane. If this doesn't result in a huge fine and some other sort of penalty there is no justice in the NFL.

tdlabrie

Reaction score
Not only should there be a fine and some serious negative PR, but I'd like to see Goodell make a public comment about Harbaugh and the obvious lie he told the NFL investigator (and the press).

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Dude was looking at Lane the whole time. Stevie Wonder could see that was on purpose

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Let's say that what looks to be obvious to us is obvious to the league as well. What is the proper sanction for this? What're the precedents in place?

We know Tomlin got 100k. If we assume that this is the strength and conditioning guy whose picture was in the other thread, then that fine seems a little disproportionate, right? No way a S&C guy makes head coach money and the fine can't reflect that. But since this was arguably much worse than Tomiln's thing (actually impacted the game, could have affected outcome, given that there was a fumble on the play), they have to come down pretty hard or risk signaling that this isn't a big deal.

So since a huge fine of the individual seems unreasonable, what can they do to the organization that shows they mean business? I guess that means draft picks. Or I suppose they could knock something off their salary cap, but that seems likely to run into collective bargaining issues. Any thoughts?

253hawk

Reaction score
Sal Alosi was also a strength and conditioning coach for the Jets and was fined 25K plus a year's suspension with no pay. Alosi was released from the Jets and the NFL also fined the team 100K.

I think one of the factors in Tomlin's situation was that he was interfering with a ball carrier en route to a touchdown late in the game; Lane was just a gunner covering a punt in the first quarter.

OP
OP
EntiatHawk

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
They better take action against this. The video show how he intentionally lowers his shoulder into lane. A big fine and suspension should be levied. Also I think someone said that he is a lineman or LB that is on the inactive roster. Do not know if that is true.

I will be very pissed if they do nothing on this.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
The fact that people at NFL headquarters are still "reflecting" on this moment six days later tells us that there is a big discussion/dissention between groups determining the "appropriate punishment".

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
253hawk":1jb482t0 said:
Sal Alosi was also a strength and conditioning coach for the Jets and was fined 25K plus a year's suspension with no pay. Alosi was released from the Jets and the NFL also fined the team 100K.

I think one of the factors in Tomlin's situation was that he was interfering with a ball carrier en route to a touchdown late in the game; Lane was just a gunner covering a punt in the first quarter.
Right, I remember this. Pretty huge when it happened, and I think was instrumental in getting some rules changed with folks on the sidelines, right?

[youtube]FLaBZvSWy1o[/youtube]

Edit to add:

BigPumpkin":1jb482t0 said:
The fact that people at NFL headquarters are still "reflecting" on this moment six days later tells us that there is a big discussion/dissention between groups determining the "appropriate punishment".

Yeah. This seems pretty likely.

THUGCAPS

Reaction score
Njhawkboss":1rvh19p0 said:
Haubaraugh or howevere u say his name is a bitch you see him laughing

Now you're just making stuff up

AceBoogie715

Reaction score
Has the league mentioned anything about this yet? If they would stop bashing Sherman, then maybe they could focus on a real issue.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
Njhawkboss":3v7o7vnx said:
Haubaraugh or howevere u say his name is a bitch you see him laughing

Haubaraugh howevere, wasn't the one who hit him.

I definitely think this was on purpose. Should be a punishment soon.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
They're looking into it. Possible punishment against the team. Probably some stupid little fine. Who the hell was that bastard? PAYBACK'S A BITCH.