Officiating

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I've been thinking about this for a few days now. With what seems like more criticism of officiating I have been wondering if the officiating debacle from XL will have any affect on XLVIII. Does the NFL fear any backlash if their are a series of officiating blunders a la XL? Would questionable calls against the Seahawks give the NFL a credibility nightmare? If these thoughts creep into the officials minds would they then err on the side of caution regarding questionable calls?

oasis

Reaction score
Wait when do we find out who's officiating the superbowl anyway?

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
I thought it was the guy who officiated the last saints game we played.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Nobody but Seahawks fans gave a shit about the bs outcome in 2005. I am worried about this game more than 05 as we got Manning in what will be his last super bowl trying to soldify his legacy and Champ Bailey too....they will wanna see these guys go out as winner. I think we have the better team but worried about the x factor of the refs.

droop828

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2f34o9e4 said:
Nobody but Seahawks fans gave a shit about the bs outcome in 2005. I am worried about this game more than 05 as we got Manning in what will be his last super bowl trying to soldify his legacy and Champ Bailey too....they will wanna see these guys go out as winner. I think we have the better team but worried about the x factor of the refs.

This right here. The NFL isn't worried about any backlash because nobody will care but us. I am very worried about the officiating because the NFL will want their face to win and may not want Sherman as the face of the SB winning team. All I can say is brace yourselves because the chances of the Hawks getting the shaft once again could be very high.

Polaris

Reaction score
droop828":37421i7o said:
Cyrus12":37421i7o said:

This right here. The NFL isn't worried about any backlash because nobody will care but us. I am very worried about the officiating because the NFL will want their face to win and may not want Sherman as the face of the SB winning team. All I can say is brace yourselves because the chances of the Hawks getting the shaft once again could be very high.

I want to say that you are wrong about this. Unfortunately I can't. I can only hope that THIS TIME the NFL plays it straight and allows the game to be played and officiated fairly and without bias. If they do, I am confident in how Seattle matches up with Denver. If they don't........I don't want to think about it.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
This team is much better than the '05 team. They will overcome anything the ref's do and win this SB. It is known. Go Hawks!

Polaris

Reaction score
OkieHawk":3q0cxtng said:
This team is much better than the '05 team. They will overcome anything the ref's do and win this SB. It is known. Go Hawks!

I hope so. I agree that this team is far mentally tougher than the 2005 squad. That said, DPI penalties are absolutely game changing penalties and can outright decide games. Don't take my word, look at the last two minutes of the Patriots vs Browns game where the officials HANDED New England the game with flags.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Polaris":1wi42bmb said:
OkieHawk":1wi42bmb said:

I hope so. I agree that this team is far mentally tougher than the 2005 squad. That said, DPI penalties are absolutely game changing penalties and can outright decide games. Don't take my word, look at the last two minutes of the Patriots vs Browns game where the officials HANDED New England the game with flags.

I just have a feeling that this won't be an issue. I know it can happen, just don't feel that it will is all.

Polaris

Reaction score
OkieHawk":3emjdss5 said:
Polaris":3emjdss5 said:
OkieHawk":3emjdss5 said:

I just have a feeling that this won't be an issue. I know it can happen, just don't feel that it will is all.

From your lips to God's ears. I hope you're right. I want to think you are but the memories of SB XL still sting.

Latest posts