Seahawks Title Could Ease Seattle's Miserable Past

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
SEATTLE (AP) - Standing in the middle of the locker room, nodding his head to the beat of the music thumping with bone shaking bass, Ben Haggerty absorbed the scene.

As he shook hands with players and coaches who for the most part lacked association to Seattle other than employment as members of the Seahawks, Haggerty watched the chaos around him with special appreciation as a hometown native.

Better than most, Haggerty knew how special the moment was as the Seahawks celebrated winning an NFC title and getting to the Super Bowl, because they happen so infrequently in Seattle.

"This is the team. At the beginning of the year, preseason, it was like this was the team to do it," said Haggerty, a Seattle native better known to his millions of fans as Grammy-nominated hip-hop artist Macklemore. "All these guys, the defense, Russ, Pete, everybody, it's been an amazing year to watch. We deserve to be there."

http://www.komonews.com/sports/Seahawks ... 61601.html

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
I'd blocked out of my mind just how bad 2008 really was for sports fans of Seattle.

Seattle needs this. For the refs stealing SBXL. For the NBA stealing the Sonics. For Ruskell gutting the Hawks. For having to put up with the Mariners. For an 0-12 Husky season and their slow crawl back to relevance. For all of it. For the 12's.

chris98251

Reaction score
I have taken the position that we are owed nothing, taking it as our own is my thought, being owed is hoping that karma or something is given, we have had a lot TAKEN from us, time to take back.

sutz

Reaction score
chris98251":7i5krbak said:
I have taken the position that we are owed nothing, taking it as our own is my thought, being owed is hoping that karma or something is given, we have had a lot TAKEN from us, time to take back.
:13: Thread win.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I dunno if a SB would truley ease the pain, but it'd totally go a long way. I don't think anything will every aside from a NBA team coming here will cure the pain of losing the Sonics though. But a championship would cure all other ills

irocdave

Reaction score
Not to take away from the current hawk fandom but we deserve a championship. It's the reason C Link is so loud. It's the reason the Kingdome was so loud in the 70's and 80's during Hawk games. It's the reason the dome was so loud during 1995 when the mariners became relevant. It's why Key Arena rocked when the Sonics were perennial contenders. It's why Safeco was built.

Besides the Huskies sharing a national championship and our departed NBA team winning one when most of us were children or not born yet being a Seattle fan has sucked. So many times teams were close. Sonics got jobbed because the NBA wanted Barkly verse Jordan, Cleveland knocked out the M's a couple of times when they made the playoffs, the debacle that was SB 40, so many other times salt has been poured in the wounds just because the teams are from Seattle.
We friggin DESERVE this Lombardi. We all know it and want to make a difference. Tell me how many Hawk fans didn't think to them selves, THIS IS THE YEAR at the beginning of the season. It's now time for our championship. The players know this and we as fans do to. IT'S OUR FRIGGIN YEAR.