Will Christine Michael be active for the Superb Owl?

The Outfield

Reaction score
Probably not, unfortunately. Need space for players like Percy and maybe Bowie.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Why?

I mean seriously, we haven't needed him yet.

drdiags

Reaction score
In a "What If?" scemario, imagine Michael being active. He gets in the game for some TBD reason and proceeds to fumble in a tight game, costing the team the win.

He hasn't earned it. He will be in-active. Feel for him but John Schneider stated that Turbin was just playing too well to allow Michael any time on the field. Maybe Lynch's case ends up with him having to serve time and a suspension next year? That is when Michael better be able to make a statement on what he can bring to the team.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
drdiags":3vv5lqyp said:
In a "What If?" scemario, imagine Michael being active. He gets in the game for some TBD reason and proceeds to fumble in a tight game, costing the team the win.

He hasn't earned it.
He will be in-active. Feel for him but John Schneider stated that Turbin was just playing too well to allow Michael any time on the field. Maybe Lynch's case ends up with him having to serve time and a suspension next year? That is when Michael better be able to make a statement on what he can bring to the team.

Don't buy what you are selling. Has Percy earned it? ( just playin devils advocate )

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":yzi2g7u3 said:
drdiags":yzi2g7u3 said:

He hasn't earned it.
He will be in-active. Feel for him but John Schneider stated that Turbin was just playing too well to allow Michael any time on the field. Maybe Lynch's case ends up with him having to serve time and a suspension next year? That is when Michael better be able to make a statement on what he can bring to the team.

Don't buy what you are selling. Has Percy earned it? ( just playin devils advocate )

Percy has earned it through performances ON the field. His talent is unquestionable. Christine is an unproven rookie. While he may prove to be a stud, for now he's just another guy.

Cartire

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":cxejtblt said:
drdiags":cxejtblt said:

He hasn't earned it.

Percy has multiple prior years of excellence already on his resume. When not injured, he is with out a doubt, the most dynamic player on the field.

formido

Reaction score
I've been the biggest Michael promoter on the Internets, but now is not the time to test Michael's ball handling skills. Not that I think there's any problem there, just that you don't give an NFL rookie his first significant ball carrying duties in the freaking Super Bowl, not even Big Balls Pete.

Also not necessary as, now that we have Harvin, my preliminary research suggests Seattle has the most efficient offense in the NFL

sutz

Reaction score
Wow, took til Saturday for the first "Will CM be active" post.

SMH

main

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":1zkjnu0o said:
drdiags":1zkjnu0o said:

He hasn't earned it.

Has Percy earned it?

ANSWER: Yes. He is a game changing WR and kick returner. Also, if you haven't checked, he is a pro bowler too.

Go Hawks!

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
It's been 21 weeks of asking the same question...

If it hasn't happened yet, it isn't going to happen (this season).

drdiags

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":lb6s0mc8 said:

Don't need to buy it. Percy Harvin cost the team a 1st round, 3rd round and 5th (?) round pick. His stature with the team vs Michael is not the same. Even Always Compete Carroll is dealing with him differently because of the investment in this player. Yeah, they gave Housh the boot at the cost of 6M but don't think they didn't treat Harvin with kid gloves.

They are looking past this year with him. They need him "All In". Michael is an untested rookie with limited playing time. He practices with the team on a weekly basis. If he was producing at a rate during practice that couldn't keep him off the field, my opinion, he would be out there replacing Turbin as Lynch's main back-up.

As you say, Devil's Advocate. But I just do not see why this question keeps coming up. It would be a dream scenario for C Mike if he got to play next week. Nothing points to that happening. Though the team did put Bowie in the Saints game, so nothing is impossible. I just see this argument becoming circular, though your Harvin slant allowed us to offer tangential observations not related to the initial one.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":1541au19 said:
drdiags":1541au19 said:

He hasn't earned it.

What... I don't even....

That is not playing devils advocate. That is trolling.

HawkWow

Reaction score
The 2013 draft was uncharacteristic of John and Pete.

Unsure who's idea Michael was, but I hope that person is asked to wait outside the War room with Cable this upcoming May.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
HawkWow":yfty5gjf said:
The 2013 draft was uncharacteristic of John and Pete.

Unsure who's idea Michael was, but I hope that person is asked to wait outside the War room with Cable this upcoming May.
That's more than harsh. Come on, seriously?

HawkWow

Reaction score
!st) Cable was the brainchild behind Carpenter and Moffitt. He also wanted to get all creative turning D linemen into O-linemen.

2nd) How often do you hear a of a running back, in good heath with "1st round talent" that can't get on a football field after an entire camp, pre-season and season?

Let's not forget, this particular back came with warning labels: Poor attitude, failed piss tests and a tendency to fumble. Since April, we've learned he "can't pass block", either.

How many of us here felt the O-line was set this past April? I sure the heck didn't.

How many of us thought we should grab a WR considering Harvin's past? I sure the hell did.

Keenan Allen was who I wanted when we drafted Michael. He or a lineman would have made much more sense than some back with warning labels after we drafted a back, that was doing very well, just the year prior.

Pete and John get a pass because of the miracles in 2011 and 2012 but this Michael pick? I actually think I know why this happened and don't even want to think about it, but if we were going to take a back and let him sit a year, Lattimore should have been that back...great kid and we woulda' got him a round later.

shiva1008

Reaction score
sutz":2ivp5hdm said:
Wow, took til Saturday for the first "Will CM be active" post.

SMH

Took an hour and 40 minutes for someone to post a condescending response to a totally valid question. Come on, you guys are slacking! We all know how important social status is and how important it is to prove that we're better/smarter than others for insignificant reasons...