"Manning Deserves It" -- BS

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
I haven't heard anyone say he deserves it. If anything I have heard people saying the pressure is on him to win or he will always be known as a guy who was great in the regular season but chokes in the big game.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
How about the Legion of Boom? How about Marshawn Lynch? How about Pete Caroll? How about Paul Allen? How about the best fans in the world? How about the city of Seattle? How about the Pacific Northwest? They all deserve a SB.
This is our time. This is our year. This is our SB. Manning can't take it away from us. Don't care what the country thinks ...

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
No one deserves anything....they must earn the dang piece of jewelry and trophy. Earn Everything.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Not to mention Manning already has won Superbowl, his legacy as the best QB ever isn't NOT going to be questioned if he doesn't win, and Archie Manning is still alive.

Where Russell Wilson has come from and what he has done in his short career (with the help of his team) in rejuvenating a miserable down-trodden city on and off the field. Wilson deserves it more and he'll want it more.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":1vk8xyzb said:
I haven't heard anyone say he deserves it.

I've heard it several times. It is a story line the media and certain fans are running with. It's out there unfortunately.

Joel McHale was on Ellen the other day, he's a Seattle guy and big fan of the Seahawks... Ellen flat out said she's rooting for the Donkeys' because she thinks Peyton 'deserves' it. :Dunno:

Oh well, guess some people are going to be disappointed.

dbmack

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":35ctw3yd said:
ImTheScientist":35ctw3yd said:

I've heard it several times. It is a story line the media and certain fans are running with. It's out there unfortunately.

Joel McHale was on Ellen the other day, he's a Seattle guy and big fan of the Seahawks... Ellen flat out said she's rooting for the Donkeys' because she thinks Peyton 'deserves' it. :Dunno:

Ellen did say she thinks Peyton deserves it for all he has been through but the reason she is rooting for the Broncos is because Zane Beadles was on the show and said he loves her.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Seattle deserves it. Sonics stolen from us. Chuck Armstrong and Howard Lincoln. 0-12 Huskies. Tim Ruskell.

lsheldon

Reaction score
I've heard it a ton from donkey fans and a lot in national media articles. Anyone who says they haven't heard it has their head in the sand or is biased. Go to Google and run a search for "Manning deserves to win the super bowl" and see how many pages of tripe you come up with.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Wasn't Wilson voted #3 by NFL players on the players they'd most like to see win a SB? Pretty impressive for a second year player.

lsheldon

Reaction score
If anyone "deserves" this it's Seattle. Case in point, Super Bowl XL. The NFL and officials have never screwed a team more royally than Seattle got screwed on Feb 5th 2006.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
dbmack":1vrxw9u2 said:
twisted_steel2":1vrxw9u2 said:
ImTheScientist":1vrxw9u2 said:

Ellen did say she thinks Peyton deserves it for all he has been through but the reason she is rooting for the Broncos is because Zane Beadles was on the show and said he loves her.

It's Ellen, who really cares what's in her head right? Last thing I want to discuss.

Just wanted to bring up that people are saying it out there.

Like there aren't other veteran players in the NFL who have worked hard and had operations, haven't they all? Guess all the veteran NFL players 'deserve' it? Maybe it just reminds me too much of the Bettis Bowl and that whole nightmare with the media when they get on that storyline.

Broncomaniac69

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":qeawqxm8 said:
I haven't heard anyone say he deserves it. If anything I have heard people saying the pressure is on him to win or he will always be known as a guy who was great in the regular season but chokes in the big game.

This is pretty much the feel with Bronco fans and the media. It's the do or die a loser type of mentality.

Russell Wilson is a great QB for you guys. We all know that. But, Manning and his experience level is what is giving him the favoritism and experience level of winning this game.

Wilson is still a youngster. Us Bronco fans had to wait for the end of Elway's career to win our trophies. Not the beginning.

I'm not saying that it isn't possible Wilson can win the big one early in his career, I'm just pointing out that between the two and the QB position, we clearly have the edge there and the pressure is on Peyton.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Broncomaniac69":2nl4wr1h said:
ImTheScientist":2nl4wr1h said:

This is pretty much the feel with Bronco fans and the media. It's the do or die a loser type of mentality.

Russell Wilson is a great QB for you guys. We all know that. But, Manning and his experience level is what is giving him the favoritism and experience level of winning this game.

Wilson is still a youngster. Us Bronco fans had to wait for the end of Elway's career to win our trophies. Not the beginning.

I'm not saying that it isn't possible Wilson can win the big one early in his career, I'm just pointing out that between the two and the QB position, we clearly have the edge there and the pressure is on Peyton.

True but in recent memory...

Trent Dilfer beat Kerry Collins
Brad Johnson beat Rich Gannon
Young Tom Brady beat Kurt Warner
Young Ben Roethlisberger beat Matt Hasselbeck
Ben Roethlisberger beat Kurt Warner
Eli Manning beat Tom Brady twice

Moral to the story? QBs don't play against each other and there is 21 other positions that are on the field.

hawk45

Reaction score
Manning deserves the Sherman choke sign, I fervently hope he gets what he deserves.

WarHawks

Reaction score
I like the fact that Wilson was in Manning's passing academy as a teenager. It's a poor student who doesn't surpass his master, and we all know that RW is an excellent student of the game. The old man had his day in the sun, and he will have nothing to hang his head about when he loses. Time for the new kid to take over, and I predict RW is going to go full yoda on his ass.

Bronco Bob

Reaction score
hawk45":ivhcaaoz said:
Manning deserves the Sherman choke sign, I fervently hope he gets what he deserves.
Manning deserves the choke sign? Don't get it.

Bronco Bob

Reaction score
Wenhawk":wgn0fvmn said:
Manning is a closet womenizer. It's funny how the NFL paints him to be this perfect person, kind of like they did with Tiger Woods. Only reason I know this is a buddy I was deployed with is from Indiana and his sister married an ex nfl kicker who told her about a downtown Indianapolis apt Peyton would take broads too. It blindsided me, I figured all he did in his off time was watch film. But I guess when you make 100+Mil you can do what you want .
Way to make stuff up. Seriously is that all you got? I have a friend whose sister lives in Seattle who said she saw Sherman buying crack down at the fish market! Come on you guys are better than this!

Latest posts