story to tell.

streets24

Reaction score
I met a man that used to live in the state of Washington and he now resides with his family in bowling green Ohio. I was at a church function with my daughters. This man named john walked up to me and introduced himself to me. He noticed us wearing our HAWK attire. He told me his story of where he was from and how proud he was of our team and I could do nothing but agree with him. He was telling me how he didn't have his hawk stuff anymore except for his favorite hat. So got to thinking i had a jersey that iI had been trying to sell that iI won in a raffle that was way to big and couldntcouldn't find anyone to sell it too. So iI went back to him and offered him the jersey for 40 dollars. He was like man that is awesome thanks but iI dontdon't have the money now. I was like no big deal iI will bring it to church tomorrow and he said great. Well towards the end of the function we ran into each and he was telling me he has cancer and was going through chemo and stuff. I was in shock. I felt like an ass for asking any money at all. So this had been on my mind all day and I had spoke with my ex wife who actually know him and his family and told me how their are really struggling and in huge debt from the cancer. Made me feel worse. I kept remembering him telling me it would be awesome to wear the jersey on super bowl Sunday and seeing him light up thinking about it. So tonight instead of being a greedy bastard and thinking of myself and money. I am going to just give it to him. Wouldn't feel very good about myself if I did anything less. I truly feel so good about my decision. Well iI just wanted to tell someone one here how being a HAWK fan is truly a wonderful thing. GO HAWKS! Cant wait for tomorrow. God bless everyone.

redeye81

Reaction score
Good on you.. Great story.. You spend the 40 bucks in a day and never remember. You'll remember this man for rest of your life.. worth it IMO..

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Great to hear you can make his life a little brighter! Maybe you can take a pic and post it of his smiling face when we win next Sunday!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
That's great! Sounds like he will truly enjoy the gesture. I hope the chemo works and he's able to enjoy many more years of Seahawks success! Good on ya!

Marlin Man

Reaction score
Well done young man. As a Hawk fan I am very proud of you. As a man, just let me say, I have learned this old saying seems to have a lot of truth to it: WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND.

Go Hawks

OP
OP
S

streets24

Reaction score
Thanks guys. It truly means a lot to me and I will take a pic with him either holding it or wearing it. I will see if he wants to watch game with me somewhere next Sunday. Its actually a Nike elite Russell Wilson jersey. So if. Anyone deserves a jersey is a man battling cancer and I believe Russell Wilson affects everyone in a positive way. Its all about faith and Russell lives by it. So i hope in some way this man can get was russell gives. FAITH! GO HAWKS! My girls are so proud of me:)

sutz

Reaction score
streets24":hw6129et said:
Thanks guys. It truly means a lot to me and I will take a pic with him either holding it or wearing it. I will see if he wants to watch game with me somewhere next Sunday. Its actually a Nike elite Russell Wilson jersey. So if. Anyone deserves a jersey is a man battling cancer and I believe Russell Wilson affects everyone in a positive way. Its all about faith and Russell lives by it. So i hope in some way this man can get was russell gives. FAITH! GO HAWKS! My girls are so proud of me:)
You should twitter this to Russ. I know he'll pray for the guy, and maybe something more.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
sutz":mood9utu said:
streets24":mood9utu said:
You should twitter this to Russ. I know he'll pray for the guy, and maybe something more.
Great idea!

OP
OP
S

streets24

Reaction score
the only problem with twitter is i dont know how to do all of that. i have an account but dont know what im doing.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Log into Twitter on your computer. On the home page, in the top-left box, there's a text box that says "Compose new Tweet..." inside of it. Click inside that and type your message. Start with @DangeRussWilson so that the message shows up on Russell's timeline. Keep in mind that each Tweet can be a max of 140 characters, including the @DangeRussWilson part. You might need to send multiple tweets. Just put Russ' Twitter name at the front of each one.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
You tried to sell something you got for free and now want props for giving away something you got for free?

To be honest i'd have kept quiet if I were you.

Edit: To clarify if you had said the guy told me he didnt have any Hawks gear, I wanted him to have this jersey I won and it turns out he has cancer and no money I'd have said well done. The problem is I have is your first thought was to turn this situation into a profit for you. I suppose you got there in the end but it's because you felt sorry for him.

OP
OP
S

streets24

Reaction score
look UK it was something i had won in a raffle that wasnt free and it didnt fit me. i didnt know his situation till after the fact and than he told me his story. i dont need to prove myself to you. i felt bad after the fact. i would of never asked him if he wanted to buy it if i knew his situation before hand. yes i felt dumb. sorry UK you didnt approve my way of handling it.

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":2m04uqaa said:
You tried to sell something you got for free and now want props for giving away something you got for free?

To be honest i'd have kept quiet if I were you.

Edit: To clarify if you had said the guy told me he didnt have any Hawks gear, I wanted him to have this jersey I won and it turns out he has cancer and no money I'd have said well done. The problem is I have is your first thought was to turn this situation into a profit for you. I suppose you got there in the end but it's because you felt sorry for him.

Maybe you should have taken your own advice?

Streets, that was a very nice gesture; hopefully this will help brighten his day!

Latest posts