"The STAB"

Schleprock

Reaction score
Once upon a time they had The Catch.

Well now we got – The Stab.

That’s right. I said it. Stab at the ball. And stabbed 'em in the chest in the process. Stabbed you down dead, cuz that’s the end of your season. And all your sorry post-game complaints served to the tune of whine and cheese. Now go sit on the warf and sustain yourselves on SOURdough bread…

And I choose to coin that phrase of course, 'The Stab', cuz I’m an uneducated thug who’s been nothing else my whole life but a grand menace to society. All I’ve ever done is bad things. Yeah – that’s all I’ll ever be. Just some dumb thug, with a weapon in his hand. Born to do you wrong.

No, no… don’t bother getting up off that bench there. Cuz you ain’t earned the right to play in this year’s Crown Qualifier. Only Champions allowed. Ya gotta be among the living.

And you done been stabbed instead.

Stay down.

"A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of a sheep."
-Richard Sherman 1/19/14 @ 9:08PM

OrFan

Reaction score
Nice try, but it would make us sound like niner fans.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Sorry, but I prefer "The Immaculate Deflection."

irocdave

Reaction score
Man I hope your trolling. If not you need some help. Jab would be a much better description than stab. immaculate deflection fits the description better than either.

OP
OP
S

Schleprock

Reaction score
Hmm, "The Immaculate Deflection"? I like that as well. Very nice.

Only, there's no 'accident' in how Sherman made his play. Absolutely intentional from the snap of the ball, riding TreeLeaf down the sideline, the location he knew to look back for ball, expecting a push-off, adjusting within all that to an absolute puppet-hand perfect stab at the ball, watching CarbFree fall away to make sure he can't get the tip, then his own player to confirm the interception, and a 1-arm celebration salute as he rolls out the endzone.

That ain't nuthin like Franco's random grab at all, eh. It's just sick and scary awareness and time-controlling athleticism (and will).

Given all the ignorance pouring down on us via Sherm-hating stooges... maybe it's appropriate to just go ahead and own the dislike. At their expense of course.

I do like that though, Immaculate Deflection. Is that what's being passed around up there?

Sac

Reaction score
But, it really wasn't a stab or a stabbing motion at all. Even the jab gif I posted, while not a stab either, is closer than the tip play.

The Stab just kind of sounds too manufactured, and doesn't fit as a physical description of what actually happened.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I've seen it called "the Seattle Swat" and "the Tip" never the "the Stab"

Stab sounds San Francisco, not Seattle.

OP
OP
S

Schleprock

Reaction score
Hmm, I see. Well, I believe that it does. Because of what I had to say around that. The result, of the play.

But okay. Much appreciate the feedback. Sensible replies.

And btw, grats Seattle. I felt this article did ya justice (though I’m not native to Seattle. It’s an existence I very much understand):

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/01/24/seattle-s ... fan-essay/

OP
OP
S

Schleprock

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":2ri8v3kc said:
Just the tip!

Haha!! But he got it ALLLLL in there!

TwistedHusky":2ri8v3kc said:
I've seen it called "the Seattle Swat" and "the Tip" never the "the Stab"

Stab sounds San Francisco, not Seattle.

AHA! That's the one! That's a winner. No question, there it is.

THE SEATTLE SWAT

Done. Can't be argued with. Love it.

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
I like "The Swat Heard Round the World" personally, but that's because I think I came up with it.

OP
OP
S

Schleprock

Reaction score
drdiags":2yx0ielm said:
Been quite awhile since I have seen that user name. Welcome back Schlep.

Thx, mate.

Here's to our spectacular team this year, eh? I would have to say, given the way they go about everything - well worth the wait. I just love the way they play, everything they say, it's astonishing how poetically it's all come together (speaking of poetic, Aros? Want you to step it up this next week, mate. Deliver your best. And that's a very high bar to ascend to. But you're gonna do that. Cuz this is the year. And you're most certainly part of the reason it's happening. So serve us up some prose that will completely redefine what the heart of a fan really looks like. Outshine yourself, mate. I can't wait for you to pull it out of there and show us, with all your talent at coloration... I'm lookin forward to soaking that up, man. Very much).

A most rewarding season and I have no doubt we'll absolutely smother Peyton Manning and finish what we started.

It's never quite looked like this before.
We know what a champion looks like.
Despite us never being one.
And that is what they are this year.

I absolutely have no doubt. None.

Which is really quite shocking... given the perpetual dissapoitment I've endured.

But not this year, man. Just too damned good, tested, and determined.

Unwilling to fail.