How about Heath Evans!

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Holy smokes! The guy used to hate the Seahawks. From what I understand, his negative experience when he played for the Seahawks was part of the organizational dysfunction that existed during that time. He seemed to carry that bitterness into his broadcast career, and has been notably anti-Seahawk through much of it.

No longer. He has become a true believer in the Seahawks defense, Wilson, Lynch, Pete Carroll, etc. This isn't covering his butt, or making up for past boneheadedness, he really has a lot of respect for the Seahawks. I think he has buried the hatchet, and now goes by what his eyes tell him.

Has anyone else noticed this?

HawkWow

Reaction score
Evans got tired of looking the butt hurt fool....as pointed out by Willie Mc on more than one occasion. Still sux in my book. Don't come kissing ass now, tool.

McGinest, OTOH, is turning into my favorite analyst. Fair, balanced and educated.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
getnasty":352324jc said:
Yeah he's still a douche
This.I still need some convincing. Definitely liking Willie though he seems to be moving past his Patriot days, at least somewhat.

drdiags

Reaction score
Yeah, McGinest is surprising me. Maybe it is the USC connectio (not sure he played for Carroll when Pete was HC at the Pats). He seems to have his finger on the pulse of the team. Pretty aggressive in defending them, which shocked me for awhile.

Heath has given the team some props. I don't mind him, even if he was not sold. He had his Saints/Patriots love and I don't blame him. While he was here fans mocked him as Alexander's lackey. He was not held in high regard here so why would he not have negative feelings toward the organization. Back then, Mike was trying to corral Koren and Jeremy. Look at the disdain Dilfer has for the organization. Something tells me the dysfunction of the organization left many bitter. Case in point Steve Hutchinson. Fauria isn't pro-Seahawks either.

HawkWow

Reaction score
drdiags":1x8zqu0e said:
Yeah, McGinest is surprising me. Maybe it is the USC connectio (not sure he played for Carroll when Pete was HC at the Pats). He seems to have his finger on the pulse of the team. Pretty aggressive in defending them, which shocked me for awhile.

Heath has given the team some props. I don't mind him, even if he was not sold. He had his Saints/Patriots love and I don't blame him. While he was here fans mocked him as Alexander's lackey. He was not held in high regard here so why would he not have negative feelings toward the organization. Back then, Mike was trying to corral Koren and Jeremy. Look at the disdain Dilfer has for the organization. Something tells me the dysfunction of the organization left many bitter. Case in point Steve Hutchinson. Fauria isn't pro-Seahawks either.

Solid and fair points about Evans. I take back some of the stuff I said about him. Why should he like us? Hutch didn't enjoy the attention Alexander received either and SA's re-signing, along with bonehead Ruskell, was instrumental in the creation of the poison pill. Some refuse to believe that but they are as wrong as they are fanatical.

Wartooth

Reaction score
I always thought Hutch signed with the Queens to spite Ruskell!
He got a lot of money, got to block for Peterson, play with Favre, and play in another NFC Championship game.
I don't hold any hard feelings towards Hutch, they should have treated him right, they didn't.
TIMMMAHY! paid the wrong people!

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
No Heath has really come full circle with the Seahawks. He was a little last year as well. I really just do not think the NFL world knows what Seattle is bringing to the Super Bowl. Yes homer here but I am still to this day amazed at how good our team is.

For instance a big area being played here is how many injuries the Broncos have overcome this year. I think this is a real bursting blue light about what the general public and the general media see and do not see. I do not know the exact stats but the fact that this Seahawks team has gotten to where it has with the injuries this season,,,,,absolutely amazing!!!

I could probably go on for a couple pages about numerous ignorance. Anyone see how we basically put our hand around the throat of one of the best teams in the NFL and made them tap. Yeah the 9ers kicked a lot but at no point did I think we were going to lose the NFC championship.

I live in Colorado and let me just say that the Broncos fans that watched the NFC championship game after the AFC championship came away nervous. And the Broncos fans that I just mentioned,,,, were afraid of SF as well as Seattle. They should be!!!!!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Definitely noticed Heath's about face in recent months. This transformative effect has been sweeping the national media over the past year. Not only are we a winning team, but we are a winning organization. This franchise is doing it the right way from the top down, and the NFL/media world cannot help but take note and respect that fact.

Dismas

Reaction score
Heath talked a bit in passing one day about some of the disfunction the Seahawks had when he was with them.
It was to contrast the consistency within the orfanization now.

He said that different coached would give contradictory directions, leaving players confused about what the team was trying to accomplish.
Added to star treatment for the divas, and I can understand some of the bitterness.

Every guy that makes the NFL surely has dreams of greatness and riches. Without good coaching, though, those dreams likely go unfulfilled.
Not that he necessarily could have been great, but poor coaching ensures he would not.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Wartooth":ta0oev5b said:
I always thought Hutch signed with the Queens to spite Ruskell!
He got a lot of money, got to block for Peterson, play with Favre, and play in another NFC Championship game.
I don't hold any hard feelings towards Hutch, they should have treated him right, they didn't.
TIMMMAHY! paid the wrong people!

All good points, but Hutch, one of the greatest Gs to ever play this game, acted like a bitch and let his personal feelings supersede team. He also walked away from one of the greatest tackles to ever play this game. Why? His feelings got hurt.

Ruskell was a retard that should have considered the possibility of a poison pill when he let Hutch test the market, while giving the unworthy Alexander a huge contract. It was the combination of those two things that spelled the end of our championship caliber team.

To be fair, Hutch indicated to Ruskell that he would allow the Hawks to match any offer. That was clearly a lie. Should Ruskell have used the F-tag? In hindsight, yes. Only because Hutch was no ordinary guard. Ruskell's dilemma was if he tagged Hutch, we would have been giving him top 5 tackle money.

I know there was also something with a transition tag but that part escapes me right now. Regardless, the team went to hell, we're back now, and I am very satisfied neither Hutch nor Alexander ever went on to win a championship. YMMV.

UGotHawked

Reaction score
HawkWow":7aok951o said:
Evans got tired of looking the butt hurt fool....as pointed out by Willie Mc on more than one occasion. Still sux in my book. Don't come kissing ass now, tool.

McGinest, OTOH, is turning into my favorite analyst. Fair, balanced and educated.

:13:

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I was gonna post about him after watching the last NFL All Access. Had to make sure it was the same guy. He was almost giddy talking about the Seahawks

OP
OP
BlueTalon

BlueTalon

Reaction score
He has been like that for several weeks.

After hearing about the favoritism and other garbage that went on under Holmgren/Whitsett/Ruskell/Mora, I now cut a bit of slack for disgruntled former Seahawks (even Hutch).

Evans' rather dramatic turnaround, though, makes me wonder what triggered it. Maybe he met with Carroll/Schneider/Wilson and realized the Seahawks as they exist now bear no resemblance to the team he was on? Maybe he was just convinced by what he saw on the field after being skeptical for so long?

ju_elzm2

Reaction score
He was very bitter about the Seahawks not re-signing him a few years back.
he must have gotten a tongue lashing about talkng about the hawks.
he is a believer now.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
He made a couple of good points on a broadcast Thursday.

1. The affect of the weather on Manning is being over stated. For that matter we haven't played in those conditions either.
2. the affect of our pass rush on Manning is being understated. Planting him early is a priority. We have press coverage to force him to hold the ball and speed rushers that can get to him.

sc85sis

Reaction score
drdiags":1tqjpnpg said:

Willie did play for Pete in Boston and spoke up on his behalf when Pete interviewed for the 'SC job.