Largent on the SB in NY.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
In L.A. we have the Collesium, and in nearby Pasadena, the Rose Bowl.

It is 80 degrees down here now.

Landhawk1

Reaction score
He's right but we're winning it anyway since it's there! Obtw, who else but our HAWKS would be in two SB games and have them be in Detroit and Jersey...what's up with that?

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
The selection was payback for NY/NJ building the stadium. Stupid/dumb is right.

mikehawks

Reaction score
I'm gonna have to disagree with Mr Largent on this one, the Superbowl should be played in all weather conditions. That is like saying Green Bay should not have a football team, because it's to cold there. I would like to see the Superbowl played in every stadium in the NFL, especially the team with the best regular season/playoff record. The Superbowl should be played in Seattle this year, because the Seahawks kick ass and have the best stadium in the NFL.

Every season ticket holder of both teams in the Superbowl should receive an option to buy two tickets at face value. This would reward season ticket holders.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
I think whoever wins the Super Bowl should get to host it 5 years later.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Every NFL city isn't capable of hosting such an event. Green bay and Foxboro are actually tiny and while NYC /new jersey are big enough I think Jersey bowl is a mistake. Preparation for the weather is going to cause a security nightmare.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":20rd1mh0 said:
Haha! This is a super-awesome idea! :th2thumbs:
brimsalabim":20rd1mh0 said:
Every NFL city isn't capable of hosting such an event. Green bay and Foxboro are actually tiny...
Awww. This is an annoying reality. :cry:

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Why hasn't Seattle gotten one.? The stadium is top notch, lots of hotels/eateries. BFD, it rains, remember the SB where Manning won?...Thats right, Miami, in pouring rain.

Polaris

Reaction score
Largent80":3owbsfkx said:
Why hasn't Seattle gotten one.? The stadium is top notch, lots of hotels/eateries. BFD, it rains, remember the SB where Manning won?...Thats right, Miami, in pouring rain.

Hotel Space and transportation issues are two big ones IIRC.

taz291819

Reaction score
mikehawks":r1p0rfmb said:
I'm gonna have to disagree with Mr Largent on this one, the Superbowl should be played in all weather conditions. That is like saying Green Bay should not have a football team, because it's to cold there. I would like to see the Superbowl played in every stadium in the NFL, especially the team with the best regular season/playoff record. The Superbowl should be played in Seattle this year, because the Seahawks kick ass and have the best stadium in the NFL.

Every season ticket holder of both teams in the Superbowl should receive an option to buy two tickets at face value. This would reward season ticket holders.

Gotta disagree. If I'm spending that type of money, I'd rather it be in warm weather.

And your idea about tickets... that's not plausible. Hell, it's down right laughable.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
I could take 3 awesome vacations for the price of going to NY, no thanks, I just bought a new 60" tv to watch the game on for 799. And the good news is after we win I can keep on seeing it.

Suck it Goodell or whoever is the picker of locations. As I said before, the colessium is vacant as well as the Rose Bowl. 80 degree weather and beaches/women.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Largent80":30zywcvp said:
........the colessium is vacant as well as the Rose Bowl. 80 degree weather and beaches/women.
Seriously Rob, I'll be the first to cry about how good the weather is down there but both stadiums are utterly obsolete by today's standards. The C-Link blows them both away. Now as for the women............

And btw, you won't be complaining when Manning throws his 2nd pick because it's cold and windy.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Polaris":224u8w87 said:
Largent80":224u8w87 said:

Hotel Space and transportation issues are two big ones IIRC.
Stadium's not quite big enough either. But that's fixable. I've heard it speculated that we could probably get one if Paul Allen really wanted one, and started agitating loudly to get it. But loudly agitating doesn't really seem like his ownership style.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Perfect. That's exactly what should be done.
SalishHawkFan":y17ud9o6 said:

HawaiiD

Reaction score
Largent80":1ebt1qun said:

Unless C-link adds a few thousand more seats? It won't happen. I believe the minimum seating capacity to host a Super Bowl is 72,000 or 75,000 or so. C-link is currently 68,000