Percy Harvin the difference maker

skater18000

Reaction score
How many points is Harvin worth if he plays vs. if he doesn't play. I believe we score 10 more points with him playing. So if we scored 23 on San Fran, I think we would've scored 33 on them. For this game against the broncos, if we didn't have him, I believe we'd score 27 points but with him playing I think we score 34 points.

How many points does Percy shift the game for you?

marko358

Reaction score
He completely opens things up on offense so I could see a 7 to 10 point swing in our favor with him in there. I'd add more to it if he's heavily involved in the kick return game.

Renohawk

Reaction score
I think if healthy he is the difference maker in this game. Denver has to account for him on every play. Champ Bailey said in an interview, he's the wild card, the fastest guy he's ever seen come off the ball and you have to know where he is on every play as he can go all the way in a split second.

Largent80

Reaction score
An unknown. It is fantastic that he is playing though, and they have to be worried about it.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I'll be surprised if Percy doesn't score at least one TD on offense.

Add in a couple of long kickoff returns, resulting in 2 FGs... for a total of 13 points.

Optimistic?, yes... but it could come to fruition.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
If Percy plays the whole game I think it adds another touchdown on offense. A really telling sign is the limited action he had this year. Against the Vikes that long KR lead to a touchdown and the big catch he had lead to another FG. Against New Orleans his presence after the Ingram fumble really opened up the middle of the field for Marshawn on the TD run and came really close to having a TD catch before the half as well.

Percy is definitely a game-changer.. at this point his biggest challenge has just been staying on the field it seems.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Through catching passes, running and returning kicks, I don't think it's unreasonable to assume a 10 point swing with him in the game.

OP
OP
skater18000

skater18000

Reaction score
The normal observer would have to say we'd win by 3 or 4 without him, but with him.. it won't even be close

RichNhansom

Reaction score
He will also affect the Bronco's score. Worse field position and less TOP.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
He is practicing with the team too right? Hopefully he will be more in sync with the offence because of the extra time actually practicing.

OP
OP
skater18000

skater18000

Reaction score
He ran Monday and Tuesday and was cleared then practiced Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and rested the head and hip over the weekend. He'll have a whole week coming up here to prepare to annihilate the donkeys next Sunday

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Hopefully he plays a 10 million dollar game and shuts everybody up.

That and I would love to see Harvin come unhinged.

HawkWow

Reaction score
His presence will make things so much easier on Wilson and subsequently Lynch. Hard to put an actual number on it, but offensively, with Harvin lingering around the LOS, eyes on Wilson, a D-man will have to commit full time to Harvin, and more times than not, one man is not enough to render him ineffective. IIRC, Ponder's average pass to Harvin was a measly 1 yard. Harvin, on average, gained 9 after that toss.

Tate and Baldwin are excellent blockers and I expect no less than that 10 YPC from Harvin in this offense. So if 100 yds of offense translates to 7 pts...and it typically does, for every 100 yds of offense, resulting directly from Harvin's presence, that's how many more points he's worth to the offense (and excluding ST play).

drdiags

Reaction score
I just hope his football timing comes back. The play that knocked him out, I think he jumped too soon. You expect rust because it has been so long since he played a full game. It was really too bad the Vikings game didn't allow him to finish. Look at our division rivals with Crabtree. He was making some plays early but it took him awhile to get fully in-synch with the QB before they got back to their rhythm. And they had played a half-season together the prior year.

With no feel for one another, besides practice I am going to be surprised if he and Wilson are able to hook up more than just on dink and dunk pass plays. Even with Kearse, Baldwin and Tate, Wilson tends to throw passes they need to slow up for.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
drdiags":1h7k6t9z said:
I just hope his football timing comes back. The play that knocked him out, I think he jumped too soon. You expect rust because it has been so long since he played a full game. It was really too bad the Vikings game didn't allow him to finish. Look at our division rivals with Crabtree. He was making some plays early but it took him awhile to get fully in-synch with the QB before they got back to their rhythm. And they had played a half-season together the prior year.

With no feel for one another, besides practice I am going to be surprised if he and Wilson are able to hook up more than just on dink and dunk pass plays. Even with Kearse, Baldwin and Tate, Wilson tends to throw passes they need to slow up for.

Percy built his career on dink and dunk passes.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
skater18000":2dut4klc said:
He ran Monday and Tuesday and was cleared then practiced Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and rested the head and hip over the weekend. He'll have a whole week coming up here to prepare to annihilate the donkeys next Sunday

Good to read. This should help RW. You just can't simulate Harvin's route running speed in practice.

gulliver

Reaction score
Renohawk":2a22vtzz said:
I think if healthy he is the difference maker in this game. Denver has to account for him on every play. Champ Bailey said in an interview, he's the wild card, the fastest guy he's ever seen come off the ball and you have to know where he is on every play as he can go all the way in a split second.
I have to say, Champ--other than being a grad of the same school I am--is really a great guy. Nothing but great things to say about our players in a climate where reporters are shopping for juicy tidbits and fans are trash talking. I have a lot of respect for him. Great guy and great player.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls