12th Man's feelings towards Beats

ZagHawk

Reaction score
So first off I probably would never buy myself a pair of Beats because they are IMO over priced garbage, BUT whether or not I support them as a company is a different story in regards to gifts for friends and family.

On one hand I support them because hell they just sponsored Richard Sherman, and I like to support the companies that sponsor the Hawks.

But on the other hand the CK commercial made the 12th Man look like the most classless trashy and violent football fans in existence and I can't support that.

Anyone else with similar feelings?

MadSweeney

Reaction score
I think the only thing it's showing is that a good chunk of the 12th Man are waaaay oversensitive. I think it's hilarious because Kaepernick still hasn't been able to block out the crowd and win in Seattle. I think it's complimentary because they chose the people that rattle CK the most to be us. I think that reading this board is more derogatory and embarrassing to 12th Man than any commercial ever could be. Way too many people here manufacturing outrage and conspiracy against Seattle, the Seahawks and the fans. Grow some spine 12s! Be more proud of what is, than whiney about what is not.

lsheldon

Reaction score
I've never owned Beats headphones and wouldn't buy any ever. I have had an HP laptop with Beats audio for a couple years now, after that commercial I would rip it out if I could. I saw Dr Dre walk out of the tunnel at the Clink for the NFCCG with the 49ers. Hope he had a nice trip back to Cali with those losers. Mediocre product at best.

andyh64000

Reaction score
I just think they are horrible and over priced and would be embarrassed to be seen wearing a pair.

Good for Sherman though...with his current contract I am glad to see him making some extra money.

Decimation

Reaction score
Could care less about Beats but I love how they tried to form some image of Kaepernick being a unphased QB when he comes to Seattle. His career record here is 0-3 which says it all.

sam1313

Reaction score
MadSweeney":2t5mcs18 said:
I think the only thing it's showing is that a good chunk of the 12th Man are waaaay oversensitive. I think it's hilarious because Kaepernick still hasn't been able to block out the crowd and win in Seattle. I think it's complimentary because they chose the people that rattle CK the most to be us. I think that reading this board is more derogatory and embarrassing to 12th Man than any commercial ever could be. Way too many people here manufacturing outrage and conspiracy against Seattle, the Seahawks and the fans. Grow some spine 12s! Be more proud of what is, than whiney about what is not.

Well put Sweeney, and I love the Avatar!!!!

253hawk

Reaction score
This is my position on advertising and marketing:

[youtube]gDW_Hj2K0wo[/youtube]

SouthSoundHawk":2e9zvm59 said:
If I'm buying anything overpriced as far as headphones go, I'll roll with the company Beast reps.

They look better too.

http://www.monsterproducts.com/headphones/

Heads up...guess who started manufacturing Beats? Monster. Same crap in a different package.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
MadSweeney":ew0c1gv7 said:

This... The organized boycotting of Beats was pretty embarrassing.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Commercials rarely effect what I buy. Not really into buying overpriced junk headphones anyway. Call me indifferent.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
F them them that portrayal of the 12s . Was over the top . Over priced and out their dam fool minds.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
-The Glove-":20nhsode said:
MadSweeney":20nhsode said:

Really come on man we ain't SF we are not Philly . Why would u want to be Associated with a germ of a fan base like theirs . We are better than that .

-The Glove-

Reaction score
hawkfannj":3sgdnqa5 said:
-The Glove-":3sgdnqa5 said:
MadSweeney":3sgdnqa5 said:

Really come on man we ain't SF we are not Philly . Why would u want to be Associated with a germ of a fan base like theirs . We are better than that .

I thought the commercial was stupid but cmon, who cares what other people think. They don't like us anyways. That commercial didn't change anything, good or bad.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Living overseas I am a fan of any American product. I think they are overpriced but that hasn't stopped thousands of companies from getting rich on name and reputation.

Btw, Bose is an American company out of MA, sweet! I thought it was German

ensett

Reaction score
Even Baldwin and a couple other players showed hate toward the kaepnerick commercial after it first came out. I think Beats is just trying to damage control now

gulliver

Reaction score
Probably not the first guy to say this, but I believe the Kaep beats commercial--intentional or not--was a careless insult to Seattle fans. We got thrown under the bus so that Beats could hitch its wagon to the big brand of the time. It wasn't personal, but it seemed like the 'popular' move.

Don't know that this is how it actually happened, but that Sherm ad looked like an afterthought once the Seattle WTF uproar emerged.

To the technology itself... are you kidding me? It's crap that became obsolete in the mid-90s, repackaged to look shinier and cooler, and pimped by the flavor of the month. That can't hide the fact that they might as well be recycled over-the-ear Sony muffs from 1996 with a spray job and a $400 price tag. Really couldn't disrespect Beats owners any more than I do as that is an act of extreme consumer credulity and manipulation.

andyh64000

Reaction score
gulliver":1emyq90v said:

To the technology itself... are you kidding me? It's crap that became obsolete in the mid-90s, repackaged to look shinier and cooler, and pimped by the flavor of the month. That can't hide the fact that they might as well be recycled over-the-ear Sony muffs from 1996 with a spray job and a $400 price tag. Really couldn't disrespect Beats owners any more than I do as that is an act of extreme consumer credulity and manipulation.

Yep...I would guess they are the same people who pay $200 for a Monster HDMI cable.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I didn't really think the kaepernick commercial was as big a deal as everyone else does, in fact as someone who drinks beers and screams my ass off at every home game I took it as a compliment.

anyone who took it as a literal illustration of the 12th man is probably reading too much into it.