Help me overcome sick feeling the fix is in

Seahawk772002

Reaction score
1. Last years Champs the Ravens do not open at home; get to open in Denver on primetime Thursday Night.

2. Watched Fox Business Network Neil Cavuto this evening, head of Modell Sporting Goods gushing over Manning jerseys as huge seller, raves at how Peyton will be helped by Eli navigating the winds at Met Life and it is a merketers dream to have Peyton win it in Eli's house just as Eli did in Peyton' house. Cavuto asked about any other players, Modell "the other quarterback is a good young player".

3. Catch end of Fox News Sunday with Chris Wallace, saying next weeks guest from Met Life will Be John Elway and Archie Manning.

4. Switch to NBC had forgot the Pro Bowl was this evening. Was going to switch when Collingsworth said Super Bowl pre view next, you may as well as watched a Bronco promotional video, it opened and closed with gushing and confetti falling down on Peyton.

If Bill Leavy is the referee I may not even turn the game on.

Am I emotionally irrational based paranoid, or does anyone else feel the disrespect so much like 8 years ago in Detroit?

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
No. We learned the NFL was fixed in SB XL. There is no reason to believe it's NOT fixed until they prove otherwise.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Stop watching Fox News would be a start. The sky is always falling in an extremists world!

The NFL cannot afford another XL* type performance screwing Seattle by roger's henchmen. That would put the NFL on the level of WWE, with predetermined outcomes, and prove the league is a fraud in most people's eyes. I don't think Rog is the sharpest tool in the shed but even he isn't stupid enough to have a "Bettislike Lombardi going away present" to 5 head.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Take a breath and you'll be fine. The good ol' boy network will be kicking into high gear this week. You're gonna see A LOT about Manning and the Broncos.

Not to worry. We Got This.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Dude it's our time just frickin believe that no negativity none

Sign37now

Reaction score
No way they job us twice. I think this game will be called very even..... It friggin better be!

lsheldon

Reaction score
Leavy isn't the official this year it's Terry McAulay. We'll see though, you wouldn't be a true Seattle fan if you didn't think about it. It isn't something you can easily forget in your life time.

Timberhawk

Reaction score
Eh, I am sure we have all had these thoughts if not more serious paranoia over the past week. I have thought about it. That said I think this is a perfect match up for us.

A. Peyton Manning has won a ring. It's not like, let's win one for Peyton!! I know there is talk of his legacy but he has one. Not like the Bus, and Cowher. Sure you got Champ but that's it on that front.

Plus, Peyton made it clear today he isn't done. He will be back so you can't work that last game angle either.

B. Everyone remembers 05 and the way we got hosed in that one. Certainly the NFL remembers it. It won't happen again like that. Sure there will be some bad calls, but it won't be like that one.

C. Bill Leavy is not officiating and the officiating crew for the game is known for letting them play.

D. The experts have all said that Eli isn't going to really help anything. He can tell Peyton whatever he wants but it won't make that much of a difference.

E. The Broncos are a perfect team for our Chip on Shoulder team to play. I know they have their own stories like Pork Chop, but Peyton as good as he is and as good a person as he seems to be, is the epitome of the guy that got all the breaks (the silver spoon so to speak) in life and the NFL. No doubt Peyton is a remarkable player, incredibly intelligent and a super hard worker, but he is the guy that has made the guys on our team be overlooked in drafts, and the guy that made our players have to work so much harder to achieve what they have in life in their opinion I believe. This Seahawks team from top down has been constructed with chips on shoulders. Everyone has one. No way they don't come out laser focused and prepared.

I was impressed watching Fox, Manning and Welker's interviews today, but they haven't seen anything like us this year (granted we haven't played an offense like them) but I think our speed and disruptive Defense will slow them up enough and our offense will come alive.

Contrary to popular belief I think we score 30 and win it about 30-24 or so. Go Hawks!!

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Look: the game has not yet been played. At least save your judgment for what occurs on the field. There is no reason to worry about a fraudulent outcome one full week in advance of the event. Either way, you cannot effect change through worry.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Sign37now":y6up1yic said:
No way they job us twice. I think this game will be called very even..... It friggin better be!

Or what? We bitch and moan, everybody calls us whiners again, then the league goes about its business of raking in the $$'s. Hopefully, the big wigs are already fully aware that they owe us, BIG time, and will call a fair game. Not lopsided in our favor, which would be the polar opposite of XL, but a straight-up, fair game. I wouldn't it want it any other way.

OP
OP
S

Seahawk772002

Reaction score
Appreciate the input.

Have not gotten over Super Bowl XL, wont until Paul Allen raises the Lombardi trophy, just part of being a passionate fan.

Knew I was a little irrational and will be until the 4th quarter clock reads 00:00.

Thank you guys

GO HAWKS

Crabhawk

Reaction score
So, this will be an unpopular opinion, but I never thought the fix was in for XL. The game broke my heart, don't get me wrong. Yeah, the Seahawks got jobbed with horrible officiating, but at the end of the day they left a lot out on the field and the impact that had on the game can't be discounted. So I don't share concerns about a fix being in.

With that said, if you are concerned and want to be swayed, play out the logic in your head. Why would a game be fixed? Money. Based on the fan turnouts at today's send offs for Seattle and Denver, the NFL would stand to profit more from the more rabid fan base (Seattle) with three high profile players in Wilson, Lynch, and Sherm. Seattle has better market potential over a longer period of time across more segments than Denver does.

Games don't get fixed because someone is a swell guy, games get fixed for $.

andyh64000

Reaction score
Crabhawk":35bk9g0v said:
So, this will be an unpopular opinion, but I never thought the fix was in for XL. The game broke my heart, don't get me wrong. Yeah, the Seahawks got jobbed with horrible officiating, but at the end of the day they left a lot out on the field and the impact that had on the game can't be discounted. So I don't share concerns about a fix being in.

With that said, if you are concerned and want to be swayed, play out the logic in your head. Why would a game be fixed? Money. Based on the fan turnouts at today's send offs for Seattle and Denver, the NFL would stand to profit more from the more rabid fan base (Seattle) with three high profile players in Wilson, Lynch, and Sherm. Seattle has better market potential over a longer period of time across more segments than Denver does.

Games don't get fixed because someone is a swell guy, games get fixed for $.

I agree...I don't think it was fixed. I think the Steelers had the home crowd and that might have influenced things but the horrible officiating was just honest horrible officiating.

Kaiser

Reaction score
The refs didnt win that game for the steelers, the D giving up huge plays for TD's did.

HansGruber

Reaction score
The Seahawks have been battling bad calls all year long and winning. This is a different team. 2005's squad just got defeated after a while, they quit. As much as I hate to say it, they quit and that is what really cost them.

This squad is different. I've seen the Seahawks overcome bad calls all year long. It doesn't matter what the refs do, the Seahawks are going to march into NY and show the world what it means to be a champion. Nothing can hold this team down.

Shock2k

Reaction score
We have already been hosed this season. But good teams score enough points to overcome "shenanigans". Don't worry, I start each week with distrusting, but end the week realizing that this team overcomes obstacles. Steps up when they need to. And prepares and executes properly.

We are good.