Kind of feels like that Sherman is the face of the franchise

VancitySeahawk

Reaction score
Dont get me wrong, as Seahawk fans know that Wilson is the face of the franchise. But to everyone outside of our fan base, it seems to me that they believe Sherman is the face of the franchise.

Hes every where in the media, his photos are being used in promotional posters along side Peyton Manning, etc.

Anyone else feel this way?

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
Sherman IS the face and attitude of the franchise IMO. Team is full of overlooked, under appreciated players.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
He's forced the rest of the country to pay attention to this team. I don't mind it one bit

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Whatever they want to think. Or whatever the media feeds them, rather. He's the hot story, and that's cool. He definitely can talk and respresent the Hawks, imho.
That's just fine. WE know this is a team like we've never seen. All that matters is that 1-0 record at the end of the week.

Seahawk772002

Reaction score
To outsiders richard is the current face of the franchise

If things go like most of us hope, Russell will be the steady force as some rise and fall in the eyes of outsiders.

Richard is a hell of a competitor and may contribute for a long time.

Key will be to keep the team chemistry in tack, egos in place, then Seahawks have potential to be something special for a long time to come.

Just get that first title and Seahawks could have run similar to niners from 82 to 94 or Patriots from 02 to 10

Armchair Bronco

Reaction score
When Richard Sherman finally retires a LONG time from now, I predict there will be a HUGE bidding war by all the major sports networks for his services. Sherman has the perfect degree (a Communications degree from Stanford with a 3.9 GPA) and he's already been on national radar for the last 2 years. He is so much fun to listen to, and he's equally at ease tipping a KrapperDick pass or fielding questions from the media for hours on end.

Heck, he may end up being as a big a retired star as PrimeTime. I'll be fun to watch both halves of his career. Amazing that the dude is still only 25 years old.

Starrman44

Reaction score
I don't mind one bit. It takes the pressure this week off of Wilson and just lets him stay focused. I really don't care. I kinda feel like this team has no individual ego, just a collective one.

If you pay attention to Sherman, he's constantly talking about other guys on this team. He just doesn't mind being the mouthpiece. He doesn't mind going to battle in the media and trying to draw attention to this franchise. A great team is either loved or hated. Very little middle ground. No lovable winners, just lovable losers.

I love this new era of Seahawks football!

Go Hawks!!

dbmack

Reaction score
Marc Sessler ‏@MarcSesslerNFL
Russell Wilson says he loves Richard Sherman to death and couldn't care less if he has 4x the media right now

davidonmi

Reaction score
why can't he be the face of the franchise? he's our best player, maybe the best non QB in the NFL.

If he's the one that is getting the most endorsements and is the guy they show when advertising a hawk game so be it.

JJ Watt is the face of HOU, Urlacher was the face of CHI

vin.couve12

Reaction score
It's still Lynch, IMO. He's the OG that first injected that toughness into this team. The rest of the team has followed suit.

dbmack

Reaction score
When Marshawn came off the plane in NJ the talking heads didn't know who he was.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Seriously, I doubt anybody on the team cares who is the "face of the franchise" of the moment. That's something fans and media care about.

mikeak

Reaction score
Come Sunday night Russell Wilson will be the face if this franchise for a decade to come

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Media loves Sherman, because they are waiting for him to say something "Newsworthy". Something they can spin to get viewers, readers, .. etc. And of course, the Media can't wait to get someone to run their mouth and get burned on Sunday so they can call him out on it.
I have never understood why the media wants ONE single face.
How about this thought.
Our team has multiple faces.
-Starting with Paul Allen and how he rescued a team that was on its way to California.
-A coach who was called a failure. Now he lets players be themselves. He doesn't impose anything on them except to perform on the field.
-Lots of players who have a unique story to tell. Stories of overcoming adversity, stereotypes. A QB who was too short, WRs who were called pedestrian...
A very diverse team focused on a single goal: be the best they can be. Work harder than anyone. Live in the moment.
Go Hawks.

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
joeseahawks":2trcr0fq said:
Media loves Sherman, because they are waiting for him to say something "Newsworthy". Something they can spin to get viewers, readers, .. etc. And of course, the Media can't wait to get someone to run their mouth and get burned on Sunday so they can call him out on it.
I have never understood why the media wants ONE single face.
How about this thought.
Our team has multiple faces.
-Starting with Paul Allen and how he rescued a team that was on its way to California.
-A coach who was called a failure. Now he lets players be themselves. He doesn't impose anything on them except to perform on the field.
-Lots of players who have a unique story to tell. Stories of overcoming adversity, stereotypes. A QB who was too short, WRs who were called pedestrian...
A very diverse team focused on a single goal: be the best they can be. Work harder than anyone. Live in the moment.
Go Hawks.

Maybe...

Nah. MARSHAWN!