Doug Baldwin

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I haven't seen anybody mention this but the way he got out of the way so Kearse could make that TD catch in the NFC CG was incredibly unselfish.

Some WRs would have been zoned in on that ball and would have tried to make a play which in my opinion would have resulted in an injury to both Baldwin and Kearse.

It was just a heads up play by DB, even though Kearse said Baldwin kind of drifted off his route, I felt Baldwin was tracking the ball and was preparing to snag the tip if Kearse couldn't make the play.

I might be way off-base, and completely homefried but I feel like Doug Baldwin is the best WR in the Superbowl.

And if Baldwin played in the right system with a historic QB like Manning, he'd put up Marvin Harrison numbers.

Demaryius Thomas has 92 catches for 1430 yards and 14 TDs

Baldwin at 92 catches would have 1435 yards, and about 9+ TDs.

Baldwin is also about 5 inches shorter, about 30 pounds lighter, not as athletically gifted, and went undrafted.

Okay, Baldwin isn't the best WR on the field but that won't stop him from competing to be the most productive/most impactful one come Superbowl Sunday.

skater18000

Reaction score
Love me some Baldwin, it's gonna be exiting to see the matchupa he'll get with Percy on the field. Our wr's will beat safeties all day.

DrDix

Reaction score
I watched a highlight video of DB's while he was at Stanford, and the result of that was me being completely shocked he went undrafted...he showed clear first round talent.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":12oi8eq5 said:
Okay, Baldwin isn't the best WR on the field but that won't stop him from competing to be the most productive/most impactful one come Superbowl Sunday.
Per DVOA, Baldwin is #2 in the league. DThomas is #7. So yeah, he is the best WR on the field.

Escamillo

Reaction score
DrDix":18v81z2l said:
I watched a highlight video of DB's while he was at Stanford, and the result of that was me being completely shocked he went undrafted...he showed clear first round talent.

I think you're referring to this video:
[youtube]lQf_DYx0Xt0[/youtube]

Doug Baldwin was Andrew Luck's #1 target in 2010. Had Luck gone into the draft that year, Luck would have been drafted #1, yet his #1 target didn't get drafted at all. What's up with that? :?

Of course, the coolest thing about the video is the end, where he and Sherm are the ones raising the Orange Bowl trophy. Could it be an omen of things to come? 8)

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Holy video 101 transition effects Batman! Where was the star wipe? I've always wondered, are those real orange? That trophy would become a festering, moldy mess after a week.

Will I

Reaction score

IndyHawk

Reaction score
If you watched the vid you see what a good wr is..Gets up to catch the ball...Doesn't go down at first contact..Makes great cuts after the catch...

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Watching that play, I thought Wilson should have targeted Baldwin, he was wide open and 5 feet behind the defender.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I really hope the media tells him he's slow and average again......ADB!!!!!

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
I'd wondered if that TD play was called like that because Kearse ran such a perfect route, but then DB was so close and I didn't think they'd call that on 4th down. Nice to hear how they put that together

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
Db is not even close to as good as d.thomas that's insane, stats haven't and will never translate like that, I don't get why so many people want to force that make believe stat. And besides all that, db isn't even the best wr on his own team and that's not close either, sometimes It seems people don't really like football on here and just like the seahawks which is totally cool btw..But Percy Harvin has ELITE level talent if he actually plays.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Baldwin does not play against Thomas. He plays against which ever defensive back is lined up against him. Comparing them makes little sense IMO.

If by "better" you mean more effective; it is quite possible during the game Baldwin will be the more effective player

Escamillo

Reaction score
Seanhawk":27qbo4sr said:
Holy video 101 transition effects Batman! Where was the star wipe? I've always wondered, are those real orange? That trophy would become a festering, moldy mess after a week.

Ha. I think they're real oranges, at least at first. Then the school can decide whether to keep replacing them with fresh ones every week, or just go ahead and use plastic fakes. We can visit UW's athletic department and check out their Orange Bowl trophy from 1985 and seek how they handle it. :mrgreen:

OP
OP
P

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Mr.Hawkbrah":3vybm3zo said:
Db is not even close to as good as d.thomas that's insane, stats haven't and will never translate like that, I don't get why so many people want to force that make believe stat. And besides all that, db isn't even the best wr on his own team and that's not close either, sometimes It seems people don't really like football on here and just like the seahawks which is totally cool btw..But Percy Harvin has ELITE level talent if he actually plays.

Dude, are you serious, did you actually read my post...did you see where I said "in the right system and a QB like Manning" or you saw one thing and decided to attack it. Of course stats doesn't translate like that, I was just trying to show that if Baldwin had 92 catches, he would have similar production.

I can't prove that but you can't prove that theory is entirely wrong.

As for if Baldwin or Thomas is better, obviously one is more physically gifted and makes him a bigger threat. But as one of the posters posted Baldwin is #2 in DVOA, Thomas is #7.

So Baldwin might NOT be as good as Thomas but Baldwin is much better than you think.