Update on Super Bowl tickets

FDNYHAWK

Reaction score
There are almost 21,000 tickets on the secondary market.
Lowest price now around $1,300.00 even though I've heard tickets have been bought for less.
100 level seats have dropped about $2,100 dollars in the last week from 4,100 to $2,000.
There will probably be a little spike in the market on tues. we'd and Thursday. Fans from Seattle and Denver who are on the fence about going to the game will buy some of the lower price tickets. After Thursday, whoever didn't book their trip are probably not coming in.
People who live in ny and aren't seahawks or broncos fans Do not want to go to the game.
There are 400 thousand millionaires in ny--they don't want to sit anyplace except club or 50 yard line seats
Face value for tickets are
500 but these are non tranferable, 700, 800, 1,000, 1,200, 1,500 qnd 2,600
If you plan on buying, fly out here and wait until the weekend to buy. Tickets will be face value and I'm guessing cheaper then face.
You won't find a cheaper Super Bowl ticket for yrs.
When Seattle wins the Super Bowl in Arizona next yr the prices will be 2 or 3 times higher then the prices as this yr on the secondary marker. Warmer weather and easier commute will bring a lot more seahawks fans to zona.
No, I'm not selling tickets. Just hoping to fill the crowd with 12's

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
FDNYHAWK":32ncj5va said:
When Seattle wins the Super Bowl in Arizona next yr

I am not going to the game, bro... but this just happened: :179417: :179417: :179417: :179417:

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
http://www.nj.com/super-bowl/index....at_for_less_than_1300.html#incart_maj-story-1

Spot on FDNYHAWK

967.gif

Giphy

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
CallMeADawg":2mafua1m said:
FDNYHAWK":2mafua1m said:

I am not going to the game, bro... but this just happened: :179417: :179417: :179417: :179417:

I thought that next years game is in SF. That dissapoints me now

Hawks46

Reaction score
I could see this, but one of the reasons that there seems to be very mild interest for this Superbowl has been speculated that NY is extremely expensive to stay (hotels, etc.). Add to that the ridiculous logistics that the NFL has imposed for this game and the added cost to that, and you could literally pay double for the AZ tickets and still come out ahead or even.

heffmanhere

Reaction score
Excellent insight FDNYHAWK, very much appreciated.

I fly in Wednesday and I'm ticket-less for the SB...I was hoping to somehow find a screaming last minute deal once I get to NYC so this insight form you gives me some hope...

I'm content to hang from the rafters and just be inside the stadium....

Years ago I flew into Green Bay for the 'Hawks playoff game and I was in the second to last row and none of it mattered, the experience was still incredible...

Any tips to search out the best deal once fans like me get there? Is online still the best route to go or will there be folks scattered all over SB Boulevard looking for buyers perhaps?

Thanks again for looking out for folks that are going but still need to figure out a way to snag a bargain basement ticket...

Cheers!

TheHawkster

Reaction score
Looks like tickets have stalled at about $1500.
Places that are selling cheaper tix have big processing fees attached or aren't very reliable.

I heard more tickets will be released on wednesday making the market drop again.
(Forgot where I heard it)

The wait will be well worth it.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":13leiz83 said:
CallMeADawg":13leiz83 said:
FDNYHAWK":13leiz83 said:

I thought that next years game is in SF. That dissapoints me now

SF in 2 years. Super Bowl 50.

lukerguy

Reaction score
This is going to be one of the more affordable SBs in the last few years by kick off. Anyone ballsy enough to book a flight without tickets will make it worth it by Saturday.

OP
OP
F

FDNYHAWK

Reaction score
Brokers make their money on people who have to buy tickets before they fly. It's not being ballsy when there are 21,000 tickets for sale in the secondary market. It's called being smart.
Prices on line will be going down and I'm sure you'll you'll find some on the street also but I'm not sure if I'd go that way since they aren't guaranteed.
If anyone has questions or needs help, pm me and leave your phone number

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
TheHawkster":2ocqpu4e said:
Looks like tickets have stalled at about $1500.
Places that are selling cheaper tix have big processing fees attached or aren't very reliable.

I heard more tickets will be released on wednesday making the market drop again.
(Forgot where I heard it)

The wait will be well worth it.
looks like prices have held for the last 24 hours or so....

i did see some club 200s for 2900 this morning and a few others on SH for 1380 this morning but they were short lived.

otherwise, things seem to have held.

as of 3pm Eastern, only tix on stubhub will be for tix in their hand. i suspect this might mix it up a little...wonder how many are sold by speculators currently on SH...suspect if you see a drop by 1000 quickly, you will know.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Yeah lowest prices have stalled around $1500 for the past 3 days. Also take note that the low ticket quantity is not nearly as much as before. i.e. a few days ago you'd find 10 listings at $1500, now it's like 2-3, then it shoots up to $1700. Could be the weekend because more people buy tickets on weekend, Monday more people freak out and are flying out soon. Overall supply is still pretty high as we speak 17k on Tiq IQ and another 4.7k on Stub Hub so that's still over 21k (vs the 25k I saw on Saturday).

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
just my 2 cents today but i think that some of the tix on stubhub are on autopilot...meaning the sellers set a low and then stub hub adjusts up and down etc. etc. until the end....

so, i think for many listings, today at 3pm eastern is the end unless they have been sent to them. i would think there could be some interesting movement if you watch closely...

things have gone up a little but i am not worried. i would like to know where the note about NFL giving out tix on Wed came from as i also read the same thing...

heffmanhere

Reaction score
Any update from fellow 12's looking to go to NYC and still needing tix?

Are you still going or did you decide to stay home?

I fly out tmrw morning and hope to get a better sense of things once I get into Gotham. I still hope to be able to buy my tix on the weekend, ideally at bargain basement prices too :)

Travel safe and best wishes to everyone who is looking to be in NYC to support the 'Hawks at MetLife or just during the days and nights leading up to the game---as well as to the thousands of die hard fans watching from home come Sunday.

Go 'Hawks!!

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
no updates yet, prices have held and risen a bit, like the previous posters said. I would go with FDNYHawk on this one, wait it out a little bit more and let's see how it's looking Friday. Although, now that it's no longer cold, and supposedly a nice day (for February in NJ anyways), I fear more locals will want to go. Time will only tell.

OP
OP
F

FDNYHAWK

Reaction score
As I said in my original post, tickets will spike up a little bit on tues. wed. And Thursday. Because the people that were on the fence living in seattle or Denver decided to come in so they bought up some seats. What I didn't explain is that tickets didn't go up, just the lower priced seats were sold. Come Friday you will see people adjusting their prices to sell. It's a pretty good sign that the better seats 100 level and 200 level can be bought for around $2,200. I really believe those seats will come down to 1,500 and the cheap seats will come down to $800-1000
Since I live in NY and have asked many friends and locals over the last couple of months, are you going, would u like to go? Most said no, I've met 3 people that are actually going and 2 of them go every year anyway. Some said they would like to go for the experience but would never pay over 500 dollars for the experience so they'll go down to broadway and experience Super Bowl way.

bellows

Reaction score
Thanks for the good advice here. My wife and I fly out tomorrow morning and don’t have tickets yet, but we’re staying patient and hoping to get in the stadium for $1000-1200 each. StubHub still has 3100 tickets available, and TiqIQ says there are still ~10,000 tickets on the secondary market.

Not to ask a stupid question, but are all Super Bowl tickets hard tickets? And if so, how are brokers handling last minute sales? I know StubHub has a place at the Expo Center in Secaucus to pick up hard tickets, but what about the other vendors out there? Do they have similar booths/addresses or are they relying on FedEx type shipping? Anyone know? I’d be a little nervous having tickets shipped thru the mail at this point.