who's more confident?

Seahawker86

Reaction score
I've been extremely confident the whole season. Coming Goff last year and with the off season signing we all had high expectations coming into this season. I have to admit that I was extremely confident, but I still wasn't worried giving the fact of the past two times we played the 9ers at home. Even when they had that last drive I wasn't worried and knew we would keep them out of the end zone.

I'm extremely confident coming into this game. Looking back at the preseason game solidifies that confidence which I've talked about in another post. Even without that game I'm still confident in our teams ability to shutdown Manning and come away with the win. I think their defense is soft and our offense is going to be highly productive Sunday.

Going back to the title of the post. Which fan base do you think is more confident. Living in Jersey I don't know any broncos fans, and hardly any Seahawks fans either, so I don't get to have any discussion with their fans. Our fan base, and this message board, especially the older fan base tends to see the glass as half empty. This game though I feel that we all feel extremely confident though. This defense is being taking about as one of the greatest of all time. Do you think we have them worried? I'd probably be worried if I was them especially given the elements and Manning's record against the elements and just the record of teams with the number 1 defense making the Superbowl. What are your thoughts?

Erebus

Reaction score
I've lurked around on some Bronco boards this week and they all seem extremely confident. Both fan bases seem to think there's no way they lose, and I think both fan bases greatly underestimate the opponent. In fact, I'm guilty of that too. I'm very confident in a win.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I think both teams are likely equally confident. #1 D vs #1 O. The adage "Defense wins championships" is probably countered by the fact they have (arguably) the greatest QB in history with more SB experience than our entire team combined.

BUT...we have that swag and I doubt too many of us are fretting over our lack of SB experience. Not after playing huge game after huge game all season. Little did we know at the time how huge our visit to Carolina would prove to be but the play off / HUGE game atmosphere / pressure started for us in just our 2nd week of the season. Even when it momentarily looked like we were putting SF in the rear view mirror, we were faced with evil, evil teams like the Cards and Rams (and a surprise loss @ Indy). Before we knew it, SF was right back in the hunt and every week was critical. I love our chances but have no issue with some picking Denver.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
I'm confident, but it's not because of our defense. Everybody seems to be focusing in on the Seattle D vs Denver O matchup. I actually believe it will be our O vs their D that will determine the outcome of this game.

Denver's offense produces difficulties that our defense has not seen all season. And vice versa. I do believe that Denver will score points, they're too good not to. However I think there's a limit to their point scoring potential, somewhere around the 24 point range (amazingly this is 10 points greater than the Seahawks D average and 12 points lower than the Broncos D averages).

The question then becomes can the Seahawks offense score greater than 24 points. Everybody has been worried so much about the Hawks offense, but just like the Denver defense it has been trending in a positive direction in the playoffs. Seattle has scored 23 points against San Fran and New Orleans in the playoffs (who finished 3rd and 4th respectively in points allowed during the regular season). Denver finished the season 22nd in points allowed.

I think there are more points scored in this game than Vegas expects. Final score: Seahawks 30 Broncos 24

chawx

Reaction score
I'm confident that our secondary can effectively limit their receivers.
I'm confident that our pass rush can disrupt Peyton and force mistakes.
I'm confident that we can run the ball on them, control the clock, and sustain long scoring drives.
I'm confident that if for whatever reason they score bunches on us that our offense can put up points on what will be one of the weakest defenses we've faced in 10 weeks.
I'm confident in our coaches and in Russell's focus and preparation for this game.
I'm confident in our team out-performing and out-muscling them as the game wears on and the cold starts to bite harder.
I'm confident that we will make more game-changing plays and force more turnovers than they will force on us.
I'm confident that no Broncos fan will have any legitimate way to refute any of my points above.

Therefore, I'm confident that we will win.

Inspector

Reaction score
I'm confident enough to say that if we play like I think we will.... We'll have at least a 10 point lead at the end of the 4th quarter. I base this wholly on the sheer physicality of this team. We will dominate.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I'm confident Welker's head will be on a swivel and his arms may be the shortest they've ever been by halftime. Remember the commercial where the lizards are eating his legs? That's how his arms are going to look.