The big SB mismatch. What to watch

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I am making a couple assumptions. The first is that Harvin will indeed play the whole game. The second is he will be effective.

The critical matchup to exploit is Harvin in the slot against the old worn down Champ Bailey.

Watching film over the weekend it could be ugly unless Bailey is not given a lot of help

It is a massive mismatch and one Seattle should be able to exploit all day long

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Not just Harvin, but Baldwin or Tate could expose Bailey as well.

This is the first game in about 2 months that we're facing a defense that isn't top flight.. will be interesting to see how we approach it on offense. Will we still try to play some ball control and keep Peyton on the sidelines, or will we take some more shots down the field?

OP
OP
Happypuppy

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Agreed. What tape I have seen of Denver on D is to be blunt is a very good matchup for Seattle.

The slot is picked up by the LB or bailey. Help short is the SS or the FS in top.

However it opens up the TE or more important for Seattle forces Denver to respect it and keep the SS and LBs from crowding the line.

If the LBs are forced to play back even a bit the lanes open up for lynch. All he has to do is get through a crease and take on a LB 1-1. Good luck with that.

In a nutshell I will take SEA vs the DEN D all day vs DEN vs our D