Today's Practice

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Hawks practiced indoors while the Broncos did so outdoors. Kinda interesting as I though the Hawks would be the team practicing outdoors most of the time. Pete said the outdoor fields were unavailable as they were still frozen and covered with a tarp whereas the Broncos outdoor field thawed out and ready to use. Doesn't seem right that we didn't have access to an outdoor field while the Broncos were.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Yeah I wasn't happy to hear this morning that the Giants/NFL didn't clear off their out door practice field............and Pete was also surprised and unhappy listening to his presser this morning.

That's BS, the league is suppose to accommodate both teams equally, so they should have made the Giants clean off the outdoor field over the weekend.

kmedic

Reaction score
That's some BS right there. The fix is in!

From the way both Fox and Carroll have been saying in their pressers they believe it to be significantly more beneficial to practice outside. The fact that Denver got to practice outside today and we didn't is crap. Unfair advantage to them.

Largent80

Reaction score
There are at least 3 more practices, and I don't think it is that beneficial to practice on ice.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Not a big deal, this team uses both indoor and outdoor fields. It's how it looks that is the problem. The NFL better be on their Ps and Qs from here on out or the shit-storm will turn in to a mud-slinging hurricane.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I think we are as well off indoors as out, this early in the week. It's been a nice rest and I'd rather our guys be warming up / stretching / etc in the warmth than the cold. I could be wrong but as long as we get a couple outdoor practices in before the game, just to acclimate ourselves, I think we suffer no real disadvantage.

Peyton begged for the outdoors for practice and without reading too much into that, he just made need that more then us. It's quite possible the cold is already in Manning's head. He may even catch a cold.

BC-Hawk

Reaction score
That's BS! The league should now mandate that the Broncos have one indoor practice as well to compensate. I have to say that this has been my biggest concern in the whole process, thaat the NFL does not want us to win and it'll result in garbage penalties during the game and crap like this during the week.

kmedic

Reaction score
Largent80":2fx2gsdt said:
There are at least 3 more practices, and I don't think it is that beneficial to practice on ice.

The point is it isn't supposed to be iced. The NFL is supposed to clear those fields of snow, ice, etc.

seabowl

Reaction score
Not BS. The Hawks practice facility is a few minutes away while the Broncos is 30 miles away. I like this better than what happened with the fields today. Advantage: Hawks.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I'm not particularly worried if they practice indoors or outdoors given they have already played in the actual stadium this year and know the quirks of the place first hand.

Largent80

Reaction score
What is the benefit of practicing outside?

To get used to the cold?

What a crock. We play in Seattle.

This is actually a blessing to practice indoors until later in the week. And basically, these are walk throughs

HawkWow

Reaction score
BC-Hawk":zdg1t9q9 said:
That's BS! The league should now mandate that the Broncos have one indoor practice as well to compensate. I have to say that this has been my biggest concern in the whole process, thaat the NFL does not want us to win and it'll result in garbage penalties during the game and crap like this during the week.

I wouldn't worry too much about the league wanting us to NOT win. Certainly you are entitled to your opinion and should feel any way that makes you most comfortable, but I am actually seeing it the other way around. When NFL officials write your FO and apologize for shoddy officiating, as was the case after XL I don't think the league, under Goodell, want to write those letters again.

That and I think Goodell actually likes us and what we bring to the brand. We are GOOD for his brand. While it's popular to say 'we are hated and we are disrespected"...I don't see that at all. I think most like the hell out of us and our style of play. It's throwback football and I think most want what we have.

IE: I've always wanted to hate USC. But I've always admired their style of play and physicality and would like them even less if they played any different.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Largent80":z5bflrbw said:

To get used to the cold?

This is actually a blessing to practice indoors until later in the week. And basically, these are walk throughs

You're right, it's probably not a big deal. But the fact remains BOTH teams should have the SAME practice conditions for the SB. If Pete wants to practice outside, he should be able to practice outside. Period.

jblaze

Reaction score
BS, everyone knows it's helpful to practice in the elements you're going to play in. Pete said as much and the players will tell you the same.

It's about getting comfortable in the environment more than anything. Knowing what to expect. The weather is not the same in Seattle as it is in NJ. It's as mental as anything but it most certainly is helpful to know what to expect even if you've done it before.

Largent80

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":21uztdwa said:
Largent80":21uztdwa said:

To get used to the cold?

You're right, it's probably not a big deal. But the fact remains BOTH teams should have the SAME practice conditions for the SB. If Pete wants to practice outside, he should be able to practice outside. Period.

Can agree on that. But, I don't want the negativity. 2005 was bad enough. Remember Stevens and Porter?...Please NO.

OP
OP
Blitzer88

Blitzer88

Reaction score
JBlaze brought this up in his thread that got merged into this one, but I thought I would make note of it again. According to Ed Werder, they have no plans to uncover or thaw out the Giants outdoor field this week, meaning the Hawks will be indoors the entire week. That just doesn't seem or feel right to me.

BC-Hawk

Reaction score
Blitzer88":13djgvzb said:
JBlaze brought this up in his thread that got merged into this one, but I thought I would make note of it again. According to Ed Werder, they have no plans to uncover or thaw out the Giants outdoor field this week, meaning the Hawks will be indoors the entire week. That just doesn't seem or feel right to me.

That's an absolute joke. Guess who's brother plays QB for the Giants? Image is everything NFL, get your **** together.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Blitzer88":zdzxeffu said:

Hmmm, now that's a different story, entirely. Pure BS.