The X-Factor -

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
We all know by now the Broncos offense is really really good
We Know Welker , D Thomas and Decker are three outstanding Wide Receivers .

But Hey we knew those things before the season started , lets rewind to our pre-season Matchup with the Broncos .
One person kept jumping out at me . 4 catches and 70 yards all against the 1st string defense(all in the first quarter) was number 80 Julius Thomas .
I asked myself who is this guy ? and immediately signed him to my fantasy team :) .

Julius Thomas is the X-Factor of this game . I truly believe he is the best pass catching TE in the game today ( 65-788 -12tds) Yea I would like to think KJ Wright or Chancellor will be able to cover him but this guy is a monster. He constantly catches big third down passes and has the ability to break a big one .
I think this game will be close

Winning or Losing all depends if we stop Julius Thomas.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
X-Factor, Marshawn Lynch.

If he has a big game, it opens up EVERYTHING else for us. We will be able to pass. It will take time away from Peyton.

Marshawn Lynch having a good game (like he has the past two games, UNLIKE the past two last season in the playoffs) will be THE X-factor ;).

CANHawk

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":28xajlw9 said:
We all know by now the Broncos offense is really really good
We Know Welker , D Thomas and Decker are three outstanding Wide Receivers .

But Hey we knew those things before the season started , lets rewind to our pre-season Matchup with the Broncos .
One person kept jumping out at me . 4 catches and 70 yards all against the 1st string defense(all in the first quarter) was number 80 Julius Thomas .
I asked myself who is this guy ? and immediately signed him to my fantasy team :) .

Julius Thomas is the X-Factor of this game . I truly believe he is the best pass catching TE in the game today ( 65-788 -12tds) Yea I would like to think KJ Wright or Chancellor will be able to cover him but this guy is a monster. He constantly catches big third down passes and has the ability to break a big one .
I think this game will be close

Winning or Losing all depends if we stop Julius Thomas.

Didn't we have this same concern with Jimmy? I'm not too worried about Orange Julius. No, the X-factor is PeyPey's arm. If he starts throwing up wobbly ducks against this secondary, it will be a very long day for him...

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
If there's one thing our defense has proved (and they have proved a LOT this season), it's that they know how to handle the elite tight ends. Just ask Jimmy Graham (twice) and Vernon Davis (twice).

pmedic920

Reaction score
vy6ute7e.jpg

CANHawk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2v13alxu said:
If there's one thing our defense has proved (and they have proved a LOT this season), it's that they know how to handle the elite tight ends. Just ask Jimmy Graham (twice) and Vernon Davis (twice).

Yup. Julius is good, but is he significantly better than Davis or "I'm Jimmy"? ...nope.

It's almost like after the playoff loss last year where Ryan completed that long pass to Gonzo that set up the winning FG that we decided to master the art of covering TE's. Because I can't think of one TE all year that really gave us a problem. Not Jimmy, not VD, not Coby Fleener... Ironically, I think the TE that had the best game against us all year was John Carlson! He caught 5 on us.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
julius thomas is good but a TE isn't going to beat us.

1 for 8
2 for 16
3 for 20
3 for 42
2 for 21
3 for 29
5 for 56

those are the numbers for some of the top TE"s weve faced. Jimmy Graham, Vernon Davis, Tony G, Greg Olsen (one of the top recieving TE's this year that we faced)

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
I thought I should point out that KJ was out for that last game with NO. Graham was handled even more so in that game than the first game. In watching the Pre-season game against Denver you saw Browner on D. Thomas a lot. This time (just as then) I think that they will likely try and stay away from Sherman, so the likely candidate will be Maxwell. To me this is a game where Bruce Irvin has a chance to shine. KJ is healthy, Kam and Bobby are both playing great right now, and Sherman, Earl and Maxwell are all playing at a high level. You just know Denver wants to turn the middle of the field into Manning's playground. Irvin could be the difference maker. My opinion only.

Smellyman

Reaction score
To truly be an X factor you need to think outside the box.

My X factor: Chris Clemons

Dude is a verteran and he wants it. He had a down year, but this is one game and he knows he has a statue back there. Put your hand in the dirt and get after it CC. If Peyton wants to get it out of his hands quick, get up and slap it back in his face, if his receivers get jammed and he has to hold it. Bury Manning in the turf.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
The X-Factor in this game, is William Percival Harvin.

A. His name is William, like mine, and that is cool. Don't mess with Bill's from Seattle. They tend to do awesome stuff, like eradicate Polio, put over 100k people to work everyday, etc.
B. The boy has played in big games, and has 2 national championship rings to prove it.
C. He made Tim Tebow look like a god at Florida. TIM TEBOW. Harvin gets to bone the Broncos twice (once in the draft when they took that POS; once in Super Bowl 48)
D. YOU CAN'T STOP PERCY HARVIN.

Armchair Bronco

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":3m8bijku said:

Julius Thomas is the X-Factor of this game. I truly believe he is the best pass catching TE in the game today ( 65-788 -12tds) Yea I would like to think KJ Wright or Chancellor will be able to cover him but this guy is a monster.

I agree. I also spotted him in the preseason. After his breakout game to start the season, I immediately drafted him, and my fantasy team reaped the benefits week after week.

The dude reminds me a lot of Shannon Sharpe who was the best "pass catching" Tight End of his day. Thomas has great hands, and when he strides he looks like Kapernick. The guy was a very late bloomer in college, having played 4 years of basketball @ Portland State.

The guy got his first start when both Jacob Tamme and Joel Dreesen went down with injuries. I never understood why the coaches didn't recognize his potential in the pre-season and just make Julius Thomas the opening-day starter.

He also became a much better blocker as the season dragged on, both in protection for Manning and on running plays.

Armchair Bronco

Reaction score
Hawknballs":3fqkhyo2 said:

1 for 8
2 for 16
3 for 20
3 for 42
2 for 21
3 for 29
5 for 56

those are the numbers for some of the top TE"s weve faced. Jimmy Graham, Vernon Davis, Tony G, Greg Olsen (one of the top recieving TE's this year that we faced)

If I were the Hawks, I would focus on shutting down both DT *and* Julius Thomas. Denver's TE has been a consistent performer the entire season:

Code:
Opponent - Receptions : Yards : Touchdowns

Ravens   - 5 : 110 : 2
Giants   - 6 :  47 : 1
Raiders  - 3 :  37 : 1
Eagles   - 4 :  43 : 0
Cowboys  - 9 : 122 : 2
Jags     - 4 :  22 : 1
Colts    - 5 :  41 : 1
Redskins - 3 :  39 : 0
Bolts    - 3 :  96 : 1
Chiefs   - 3 :  43 : 1
Titans   - 5 :  35 : 1
Bolts    - 4 :  49 : 0
Texans   - 6 :  78 : 1
Raiders  - 5 :  36 : 0

Totals   - 65 : 788 : 12

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Armchair Bronco":75hg3onn said:
Hawknballs":75hg3onn said:

1 for 8
2 for 16
3 for 20
3 for 42
2 for 21
3 for 29
5 for 56

If I were the Hawks, I would focus on shutting down both DT *and* Julius Thomas. Denver's TE has been a consistent performer the entire season:

Code:
Opponent - Receptions : Yards : Touchdowns

Ravens   - 5 : 110 : 2
Giants   - 6 :  47 : 1
Raiders  - 3 :  37 : 1
Eagles   - 4 :  43 : 0
Cowboys  - 9 : 122 : 2
Jags     - 4 :  22 : 1
Colts    - 5 :  41 : 1
Redskins - 3 :  39 : 0
Bolts    - 3 :  96 : 1
Chiefs   - 3 :  43 : 1