Marshawn's td in last game

Nearpost

Reaction score
I think he was supposed to run left, thanks to Bailey's block. but Zach Miller made Baileys job tougher by blocking their LB from the opposite direction. This resulted in Lynch running into Bailey, making that weird leg kick, and shooting off in the opposite direction. Fortuitously, this whole "change of plans" threw their safety for a loop, and he overran Lynch.

I'm certainly not criticizing Miller, or suggesting we were lucky. But that play is testament to Lynch's ability to improvise.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I also noticed that instead of trying to tackle him one of the niners went for the ball and hit it several times, but couldn't jar it loose and finally just gives him a push and he does his little front roll through the end zone. This tendency to make that big play is what got us in trouble for awhile with our defense. First instinct must be to tackle and let secondary guys come in to make a play on the ball. Our guys fixed that issue quickly and are more disciplined about staying in their lanes and when they are the first one to the guy they put the hit on him. I think the only times I really see our guys going "ball first" is our pass rushers on the Quarterback and that is understandable as they are generally in pass mode and it's a lot easier to strip the ball that way.

Seeker

Reaction score
beastmode does not care about routes. beastmode runs THROUGH routes.

mikeak

Reaction score
kidhawk":1vgv2eyb said:
I also noticed that instead of trying to tackle him one of the niners went for the ball and hit it several times, but couldn't jar it loose and finally just gives him a push and he does his little front roll through the end zone. This tendency to make that big play is what got us in trouble for awhile with our defense. First instinct must be to tackle and let secondary guys come in to make a play on the ball. Our guys fixed that issue quickly and are more disciplined about staying in their lanes and when they are the first one to the guy they put the hit on him. I think the only times I really see our guys going "ball first" is our pass rushers on the Quarterback and that is understandable as they are generally in pass mode and it's a lot easier to strip the ball that way.

This was around the 5yard line or so recalling from memory and watching the replay and wondering what that guy was doing. Considering how hard of a time we had to score in the redzone that was a huge mistake. He clearly had an opportunity to take out the legs of Lynch instead. It would still have been a huge gain but 3 pts there instead of 7 cahnges everything

So someone pay that man :)