Marshawn Lynch's quiet power behind Seahawks' Super run

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/story/0ap2000000318651/article/marshawn-lynchs-quiet-power-behind-seahawks-super-run[/urltargetblank]

Just read this article from Michael Silver on NFL.com. Good write up on Lynch. It's a well done article and worth the read. Here's an excerpt...

Really, though, Lynch has spent the past several years remaking himself as significantly off the field as he has in a football uniform. From his dogged devotion to charitable causes close to his heart to his growing collection of incongruous celebrity friends such as Newsom, Lynch is not the Beast you probably think he is, even though he most definitely plays one on TV.

"The man's empathetic," said Newsom, a native San Franciscan and diehard Niners fan who plans to spend time with Lynch after arriving in New York later this week, and who will be at MetLife Stadium on Super Sunday to cheer him on against the Denver Broncos. "Not long after Sunday's (NFC title) game, he called me from his house and said, 'Sorry, man. I hate to do that to your team.' I'm thinking, 'Hey, Marshawn's a politician!' But really, that sums him up -- even in that moment, he wasn't celebrating or boasting or rubbing it in. He showed compassion, which is the norm for him.

RezHawk

Reaction score
Great Article. That's what you gotta love about Marshawn The man is not fake in any way.
Love this quote.

"Football's just always been hella fun to me, not expressing myself in the media. I don't do it to get attention; I just do it 'cause I love that (expletive)."

Now you know why he runs with a smile on his face.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Just watched his highlight video. It may not have been his best year in terms of yards, but wow did he have a bunch of amazing runs.

HawkWow

Reaction score
All things considered, this may well have been his finest year.

Largent, Easley, Tez, Walt, you'd be hard pressed to find a player that had a bigger impact on this franchise than Marshawn Lynch. Get that MVP bro. Nobody deserves it more.

jblaze

Reaction score
Best year due to his two playoff games, no question. He was key.

He'll be key again, we need to control the TOP to keep Manning off the field.

I have a feeling Lynch is up to the challenge.

samwize77

Reaction score
Almost hope he fumbles early..its SEEMS like he REALLY gets beastly after that to make up for it ....j/k of course, kinda :)

HawkWow

Reaction score
jblaze":9xt1z52y said:
Best year due to his two playoff games, no question. He was key.

He'll be key again, we need to control the TOP to keep Manning off the field.

I have a feeling Lynch is up to the challenge.

Yep...that and the absolute, horrendous line he was stuck with for 1/2 the year. Games without MRob
The loss of our 1 WR (and Harvin)
and the reduction of RO.

None of that made life easier on our favorite back. He just kept on beasting without complaint or injury.

Smellyman

Reaction score
fenderbender123":g2u8g4px said:
Just watched his highlight video. It may not have been his best year in terms of yards, but wow did he have a bunch of amazing runs.

HA. He may be a beast, but those highlights made me giggle.

what a stud

ManBunts

Reaction score
How can you not love this guy. I know he's had his issues, there are certainly more saintly players, but articles like this slowly show you what the guy has overcome and how much he pursues redemption. It's not a new story by any means, but always compelling. With interviews like his E60 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3cWjT9lpZc) or quotes like this:
"My lowest point?" Lynch replied. "I had a bunch of them, and I overcame them. I don't think I ever had a lowest point while on an active NFL roster. My lowest point came (growing up), when we were trying to figure out what we were gonna eat at night. My lowest point came when I'd wash my jeans at night -- and hopefully they were dry by the morning, so I wouldn't have to go to school in wet jeans. Or, if they were still damp, I'd iron 'em so at least they'd be hot for a moment."

To see what he's become, and not let his ego consume him, it's awesome.

Latest posts