Is anyone else annoyed by some of the SB predictions?

blazen2392

Reaction score
I just feel they are letting so many uninformed fools making some dumb predictions. I'm all for people wanting supporting the broncos, but can they say something other than "it's Peyton Manning and i think hes gonna get it this time."

Can we hear about the LOB, and how Peyton manning can overcome that HUGE of a pothole?
do people really believe Peyton manning can "shred" a defense with 3 all pro DBs?

how on earth is the spread 2.5 in Denvers favor?

All our D has to do is literally slow down Peyton. they don't even need to stop him. they just need to slow him down and give our offense a chance to outscore him and control the clock. We have the hardest running RB in the NFL, so that much is a complete certainty. Everything is in our favor. The broncos should be the underdogs here. No chance in hell manning can put the ball in the air that much without the LOB causing a turnover. Maybe i'm just too big of a fan to see something that others are seeing.

MookieB88

Reaction score
It's the SuperBowl, the one chance for people who know absolutely nothing about football to spout their crap to anyone who will listen....it's the price of success.

I'm sure we all work with "that guy" who decides to pipe up around this time of year to regale us with his vast knowledge of the sport, despite never actually watching football or attending games.....the media is just a reflection of this.

Axx

Reaction score
Vegas initally picked Seattle to win by 2 but 80% Of the public picked denver. Vegas has then slid the line all the way to seattle -2.5

Northhawk

Reaction score
There have many threads on this over the last few days. Responses range from outrage to happiness. At first, it got under my skin as it always does (we should be use to this by now) but now I'm happy the majority (not all) of the media are pulling for the donkeys. As has been pointed out many times, our young team thrives on the underdog label and adveristy. I actually worry when they are positioned as the clear favorite because they're young and confidence sometimes leads to complacency which may have been the problem in the loss to Arizona at home.

Pete likes to be underestimated too.

I think there's more pressure being the favorite and that pressure can cause an team to collapse when things don't go as planned - they're just not ready for it.

So I say bring on the haters, doubters and other morons, the beast needs feedin'!

BackHomeSeattle

Reaction score
Coming from a relatively new fan, I have to say the only people I can listen to without my head exploding are #1 Brock and Danny, and #2 any local writer / announcer. The guys on the local ESPN are pretty good, and I learn a lot just listening to the way they talk about the game. Brock and Danny are my favorites because they understand Seahawks football and football in general, they can explain it, and they are loudly enthusiastic for the 'Hawks. They're the best of what "local" should be: passionately pro-Seahawks, but knowledgeable and objective about all the forces involved. Their podcasts were a lifesaver last weekend.

Anyhow, if you can listen to the national sports media for longer than two or three minutes, you're better than I am. I can't take it--they're good folks, conscientious and experienced in their areas (usually), they just don't know us. At all. It is so obvious that it makes me shake my head in bewilderment.

Cartire

Reaction score
49ers were the heavy favorite and highly picked team last year. And how did that turnout?

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
I'm just worried about seeing the stands filled with orange. Hopefully Seattle will have more fan support this time. I'm thinking it's got to be better than when we played the Stealers in Detroit.

davidonmi

Reaction score
It's a mix of happy and annoyed.
What annoys me is everyone regurgitating the same crap over and over again.
"this just feels like peyton's year" and talking about how our offense sucks, and just the complete disrespect from analysts such as cowherd, prisco, and jim rome, Big AL and Dmac from Denver (I know I'm listing off the media shortbus but still) as well as the other few who just think we'll get blown out, it's like we're here for a reason.
On the other hand this team is at it's best when everyone is doubting them, like the 1st and 3rd SF game, the NO game, the ATL game, the 2nd STL game etc. this team plays with a chip on their shoulder unlike any other team I've ever seen, so I think it'll be beneficial to them.
I understand being 2.5 point underdogs, that I don't have a problem with at all

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Axx":3tj2m5me said:
Vegas initally picked Seattle to win by 2 but 80% Of the public picked denver. Vegas has then slid the line all the way to seattle -2.5

Not entirely true.. game opened as a pick em, and yes heavy public action moved the line to Denver -2/-2.5 depending on Sports Book.

The line has held firm for days now.. so don't see it moving too much between now and kickoff.

davidonmi

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":pq4wg0rl said:
I'm just worried about seeing the stands filled with orange. Hopefully Seattle will have more fan support this time. I'm thinking it's got to be better than when we played the Stealers in Detroit.
The Broncos are not the Steelers, also it isn't a short trip to NY like it was for Pit to detroit, that is no worry

chris98251

Reaction score
10.5 million dollar bet kinda skewed the oddmakers out of the gate and then it was a pile on I think.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Lots of people have been picking the Broncos so far. Hope our Hawks can prove them wrong.

Steve2222

Reaction score
I've seen plenty of love for Seattle. Both teams are great. No problem with people taking Denver.

lsheldon

Reaction score
I'm thinking it will motivate our guys. I want to see Marshawn run someone over on the first running play of the game to set the tone.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
No it doesn't bother me one bit and it shouldn't annoy anyone because we live in America and they have to right to have an opinion. Let me guess the ones that picked the Seahawks doesn't annoy you? People need to take off their blue and green glasses and accept the fact that these people are just like me and you making these predictions except most of them have less bias. When male model Tyson Beckford and NFL player Plaxico Burress picked the Hawks to win I don't see any 12s complaining so why complain or get annoyed when someone else picks against us? Smh.

kearly

Reaction score
Yes it's annoying. But I would much rather have all the chatter talking Denver blowout than the other way around. Our team takes bulletin board material very seriously, and the anger will give them the edge they need to get over the Super Bowl nerves.

HawkCop

Reaction score
I'm alright with everyone picking against us. Just that much more motivation for our boys to prove everyone else wrong.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
blazen2392":3q3pqcrh said:
I just feel they are letting so many uninformed fools making some dumb predictions. I'm all for people wanting supporting the broncos, but can they say something other than "it's Peyton Manning and i think hes gonna get it this time."

Can we hear about the LOB, and how Peyton manning can overcome that HUGE of a pothole?
do people really believe Peyton manning can "shred" a defense with 3 all pro DBs?

how on earth is the spread 2.5 in Denvers favor?

All our D has to do is literally slow down Peyton. they don't even need to stop him. they just need to slow him down and give our offense a chance to outscore him and control the clock. We have the hardest running RB in the NFL, so that much is a complete certainty. Everything is in our favor. The broncos should be the underdogs here. No chance in hell manning can put the ball in the air that much without the LOB causing a turnover. Maybe i'm just too big of a fan to see something that others are seeing.
Its America people can think what they want as wrong as they may be. There will be a lot of butthurt Donko supporters feeling real stupid at the end of the game however .