Pound for Pound we are the better team.

indyhawk1984

Reaction score
12s,

I know we have been hearing a lot of praise this season talking about our depth and how we are generally considered the most complete team in football in all 3 phases. Now any fan of the Niners, Broncos, or any team that was a serious contender this year would argue against that and rightfully so. Fans passionately stick with their teams and believe other fans are ill informed or delusional. Cracks me up everytme I see it. (Not just saying it happens on this forum, it is everywhere.)

The point I am making in this post is that while everyone will argue. The proof is in the pudding for our case this season. Our roster at every spot and every level is full with talent that could start on other teams in the league. We have endured our injuries well on both sides of the ball and the next guy has stepped in and balled.

The Broncos/Donkeys or whatever you want to refer to them as. They have a record setting offense that was lights out this season. No doubt about it we have to try and contain the most epic offense on earth statistically. On the other side is the best secondary in the league. At this point I am beginning to hear references of best secondary in this era/recent history. Once I even heard it may have to be in the group of best of all time, but I won't go that far yet. So this matchup is going to be epic. This is literally the unstoppable force meets the immoveable object.

Now I am a seahawks fan so naturally I am going to give the edge to us. Broncos are a very precision all gears have to be running smoothly type offense. I won't use the term finesse that generally relates to a softer offense, and their receivers can be physical in their own right. However with our abnormally physical play, we are going to be throwing a lot of wrenches in those gears. We create chaos, we change the timing patterns with our aggressive press man, and we get after the QB with 4 leaving the bulk of our defense back covering which in this game will be huge.

Just my general thought consensus and I welcome any feedback and additional ideas to the conversation.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
The difference between our offense and their defense is vastly greater than the difference between our defense and their offense. We will win.