Does Peyton go after Sherman?

Tim Herlihy

Reaction score
Do you think he avoids Sherman or goes after him? I say he goes after him, weather permitting. If its too bad outside, I see a more conservative approach. Either way, I would like to see Sherman make a big play at some point just to see his reaction.

jblaze

Reaction score
He'll try him a couple of times. Maxwell on the other hand will have his hands full all day.

Thurmond, however, might be the wild card here. We absolutely need him to have a big day covering Welker in the slot to win. Kam on J. Thomas.

Overall we match up pretty well. Should be a very interesting game.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Peyton typically throws short to intermediate passes. Low risk and against our secondary, low reward (IMO). He will go Sherman's way without a 2nd thought because if the play's not there, he has time to react and will just throw the ball away. Now, if Sherman presses the LOS hard, like Deion, that might change things, but Manning and his receivers, when not crossing, typically work off a CBs allowed cushion.

It will be very hard for Sherm to totally shut Manning down because of this, but sure tackling will make the result much less favorable, if not pointless. IMO.