Tuesday of superbowl week...still no where near the nerves

Shadyhawk182

Reaction score
Of the NFC championship vs 9ers.
And I honestly can't tell if it's because I now fully believe in this team and what they're capable of.
Or if it's because I believe we match up perfectly with this team compared to last week how I was nervous playing the 9ers who seem built to mirror us and win/compete.
Or maybe it's because I hate the 9ers so much I'm still so relieved to have beat them head to head for an NFC Championship. So I'm still so relieved from that , that the nerves won't kick in til later this week. Even though winning that game won't mean anything if we don't win the next one.
Maybe a combination of all 3.
Anyone else feel this odd mixture of confidence/no nerves . And can't quite put a finger on why?
Maybe still waiting for them to hit?

uncle fester

Reaction score
Kinda the same here. Honestly think we have the best chance of any team going up against Manning. Lynch vs a less-than top 10 defense should be enough to give them nightmares.

(Also, if the team goes in at full strength, plays to its potential and it proves not to be enough, I'm kinda ok with that too. Perhaps I exhausted all my prayers and bargains in the NFCCG...)

OP
OP
S

Shadyhawk182

Reaction score
I also keep thinking of all the mistakes seahawks had last game starting from Wilson's fumble/strip to start
There was quite a few plays that looked messed up from the snap. And they still came through. Meanwhile the Broncos have been hyped to have put on a "near perfect game" seems like the Hawks are getting "due" for a solid complete game. And it will be hard for the Broncos to play nearly perfect twice.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I feel the same. I think it's because, although a SB loss would sting, it wouldn't be near as painful as a loss at home to the 9ers for the NFCC.
That said, we got this.
GoHawks.

Jac

Reaction score
Shadyhawk182":346q5iog said:
Or maybe it's because I hate the 9ers so much I'm still so relieved to have beat them head to head for an NFC Championship. So I'm still so relieved from that , that the nerves won't kick in til later this week. Even though winning that game won't mean anything if we don't win the next one.

If Manning plays an epic game (which he probably needs to) and we lose, that will suck terribly because it's the championship...but it'd be to perhaps the best QB of all time and what many around the country are expecting. On the other hand, losing to San Fran would have sucked on so many levels that I'd have trouble reconciling...to our division rivals, at home, at odds with our supposed NFC #1 slot throughout the year, etc. It would also have longer term ramifications going into next year that San Fran had solved us. I was a wreck during the San-Fran/Carolina game all the way until Sherman's play.

Overall, I just have this feeling that this particular Seattle team finds a way to win when it counts, particularly when others are doubting them. The media is doing Manning no favors pumping him up.

gulliver

Reaction score
Beating SF ain't enough for me. The players, the coaches and the 12s have expended so much to be here, and I won't be content to watch 2013 go down as another also-ran year. Beating SF may mean something to the NFC West, but little else outside of that. Beating your opponent in the Superbowl is making history.

kjreid

Reaction score
I wish I had your nerves, I am just sick to death, but I did live in Denver for 6 years so I have a ton of buddies that have been throwing stat after stat at me on why Denver will win. I have full confidence in my Seahawks but it is gut wrenching. I remember going to the Super Bowl in 2005 and absolutely believed there was no way Pittsburgh could win that game (a sixth seed that barely squeaked into the playoffs?). my shock and litteral hurt after the game really sucked.........Do I want to get that confident again???? do I want to be in a funk for a month if somehow we lose again????? I hate these creeping feelings.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Same here, was much more nervous about the Niners game. Feeling confident, although this game could go either way. Just kind of enjoying it. I'm sure come Friday, they nerves will start rolling in.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Knowing the niners can't win it helps.

knowing whatever happens this team is special helps.

losing at home to the niners and watching them be in this game would have been far worse than us getting here and falling short, although in pretty confident we will win.

all contribute to a more enjoyable week.

BlueTalons

Reaction score
Jac":2jet5znl said:
Shadyhawk182":2jet5znl said:

If Manning plays an epic game (which he probably needs to) and we lose, that will suck terribly because it's the championship...but it'd be to perhaps the best QB of all time and what many around the country are expecting. On the other hand, losing to San Fran would have sucked on so many levels that I'd have trouble reconciling...to our division rivals, at home, at odds with our supposed NFC #1 slot throughout the year, etc. It would also have longer term ramifications going into next year that San Fran had solved us. I was a wreck during the San-Fran/Carolina game all the way until Sherman's play.

Overall, I just have this feeling that this particular Seattle team finds a way to win when it counts, particularly when others are doubting them. The media is doing Manning no favors pumping him up.
This states it perfectly for me. Hearing it from 49er fans for YEARS to come would have been unbearable and had me even sick thinking about that had we lost (at home no less)!!!

Yes, I want to WIN THIS SB BADLY!!! But I just feel MUCH more at ease. I feel like this game like any other playoff game...still anxious, but the end result would not be as "catastrophic" but knowing we WIN, we be will SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I think what we're all feeling has to do with expectations.

The EXPECTATION for this team before the season started was SB or bust, and anything less would be a disappointment. Well now we're at the SB, so a little calm has washed over this fanbase.

Not saying we're still not fired up for the SB, we most certainly are...........and I'm sure come 3:30 on Sunday we'll all be back to Freakout Defcon 5.

Steve2222

Reaction score
It's because we made the big game. There's a certain mindset that getting to the SB is good enough and winning it is just the cherry on top.

I have full confidence in this team that that's not good enough however.

seanoob

Reaction score
It's a weird calm. A moment of zen that is lasting days on end.

Greenhell

Reaction score
It is a very strange feeling this week. I'm not sure that last weeks game has left me emotionally drained or what it is. I'd like to think maybe it's confidence that our Hawks can finally win a championship that has me not so stressed as last week.

Losing last week would have been devastating but this one will sting just as bad because I live in Colorado. The Hawks have been beatin and bashed for years by the Denver fan base because we've never had a good showing against them when we were in the AFC West. The Hawks have never been taken seriously out here.

I've never been a man with a lot of Luck but could I be so lucky as to have the Hawks win the NFC against our most hated rival AND win a Super Bowl against the thorn in my side that is the Denver fan base? GOD I HOPE SO!!! Phhhuullleeezzzee 2013 Seattle Seahawks make it so!

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
Being a Montana-born Seahawks fan currently living in the bay area, I grew up hating the broncos and now truly despise the 9ers. It's truly hard to know which fan base I hate more, the 9ers or Denver. A SB victory for the Broncos would be supreme sweetness to end this magical season. The niners game... I was confident, arrogant even, that the Hawks would prevail. It was sweet serenity the week before (still a wreck day of/ during the game). This week, I'm a wreck. Knots in my stomach. Preoccupied.

Sunday. Be reasonable. Come quickly. I can't take much more of this.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Hawknballs":lpvatgf9 said:
Knowing the niners can't win it helps.

knowing whatever happens this team is special helps.

losing at home to the niners and watching them be in this game would have been far worse than us getting here and falling short, although in pretty confident we will win.

all contribute to a more enjoyable week.

I can honestly say, had the 9ers won, I would not have watched the Super Bowl. Even though there would be a chance they would lose.
GoHawks

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I feel like basically, I have seen this team lose a SB, and so until they win one, I won't get too excited about just getting there. I was really excited the last time, and the game ended up going over like a fart in church.

Now, I'm just confident they can win, but nervous because the Broncos are a talented bunch in a lot of ways.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
I'm at peace because it's not as big a hit to lose against what may go down as the best offense in history. But beating them? That'll be even better. Either way, I feel like we've done something incredible this season, so I'm at peace right now.

Make no mistake, though; I'll be a loud and proud 12 with plenty of adrenaline on Sunday!

Cartire

Reaction score
The nerves finally started kicking in today during the interviews. After a week of celebration, I'm starting to come back down to earth and realizing we're not done yet.

But regardless, a great time to be a hawk fan.