CC

seahawksny

Reaction score
apparently Chris Carter saw the light after his comments last week. He likes our defense to be the turning point and propel us to a victory. He said it this morning on Mike and Mike

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":18buwehe said:
Screw him, after his comments about Doug Baldwin, he can go suck off Manning.

LOL

I didn't have a problem with what Carter said, cause he's right. If Tate and Baldwin were the great receivers they think they are, the Hawks wouldn't have gone out and given Harvin all that money. Obviously Pete and John saw that this team needed to get more productive and dynamic at the WR position.

The part Carter doesn't take into account is the fact that this is a run first ball control offense, so of course our receivers aren't going to have awesome stats.

wrenches59864

Reaction score
I can't seem to remember which superbowl the Vikes were in that he was on their roster, can anyone help???????? (Quizzical stare at the sky)

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1quqtvwh said:
SoulfishHawk":1quqtvwh said:

LOL

I didn't have a problem with what Carter said, cause he's right. If Tate and Baldwin were the great receivers they think they are, the Hawks wouldn't have gone out and given Harvin all that money. Obviously Pete and John saw that this team needed to get more productive and dynamic at the WR position.

The part Carter doesn't take into account is the fact that this is a run first ball control offense, so of course our receivers aren't going to have awesome stats.

I don't think adding Percy Harvin means you don't like the receivers you have. I don't see the connection. Any team would add a healthy Percy Harvin to their receivers no matter how great they are.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":16nlf6ip said:
SoulfishHawk":16nlf6ip said:

LOL

I'd agree if Percy Harvin was just a better pure WR, but he's not. He's a football player unlike any other in the league.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
bigtrain21":qwcnb5h0 said:
Sgt. Largent":qwcnb5h0 said:
SoulfishHawk":qwcnb5h0 said:

LOL

I don't think adding Percy Harvin means you don't like the receivers you have. I don't see the connection. Any team would add a healthy Percy Harvin to their receivers no matter how great they are.

It absolutely means you're not satisfied with your receiver corp's production. Why else would you spend that much vital cap room signing someone like Harvin if you didn't think that was a need?

I love all our WR's, but sorry they're not even close to a #1 receiver, and most of them aren't even close to a #2 or #3 receiver. If you look at numbers, Tate's a #2 or #3 at best, and Baldwin and Kearse are #4's on most teams.

You guys know it's OK to not freak out and scream into the wind when someone criticizes our team and players right? It's OK for people to have opinions, it's what makes sports fun to discuss.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":357mekv0 said:
bigtrain21":357mekv0 said:
Sgt. Largent":357mekv0 said:
SoulfishHawk":357mekv0 said:

LOL

It absolutely means you're not satisfied with your receiver corp's production. Why else would you spend that much vital cap room signing someone like Harvin if you didn't think that was a need?

I love all our WR's, but sorry they're not even close to a #1 receiver, and most of them aren't even close to a #2 or #3 receiver. If you look at numbers, Tate's a #2 or #3 at best, and Baldwin and Kearse are #4's on most teams.

You guys know it's OK to not freak out and scream into the wind when someone criticizes our team and players right? It's OK for people to have opinions, it's what makes sports fun to discuss.

You do realize that our receivers get a lot less targets than other receivers right? Calling Baldwin a #4 is really silly. If you put him with Tom Brady he would have huge numbers. Our offense isn't made for receivers to have huge numbers.

The fact that I disagree with CC doesn't mean that I don't think it's okay for people to criticize our team or our players, I just don't agree with the statement that adding Harvin means you aren't satisfied with your playmakers. Percy might be the best playmaker in the league when healthy so when they got a chance to get him they went for it. It doesn't neccessarily mean dissatisfaction with the receivers we have.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":pwisj8nm said:
bigtrain21":pwisj8nm said:
Sgt. Largent":pwisj8nm said:
SoulfishHawk":pwisj8nm said:

LOL

How are you going to look at numbers when you just said in an earlier post we're a run-first team that doesn't throw much?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
bigtrain21":2823f8hu said:
You do realize that our receivers get a lot less targets than other receivers right? Calling Baldwin a #4 is really silly. If you put him with Tom Brady he would have huge numbers. Our offense isn't made for receivers to have huge numbers.

I said that in my first post, that CC didn't really take that into account.

Btw, we should love guys like CC when they criticize us, cause it fuels our players. So let's embrace it! MORE MORE PLEASE

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1ibusdmr said:
bigtrain21":1ibusdmr said:

I said that in my first post, that CC didn't really take that into account.

Btw, we should love guys like CC when they criticize us, cause it fuels our players. So let's embrace it! MORE MORE PLEASE

dude just stop. Don't you realize if you paired an average wr with a hof qb in a pass first offense his stats will be better? You can actually simply multiply his catches and yards by 2 and his catch % would be exactly the same! These are facts! Cap is besides the point, you just release all your back ups and sign cheap players then turn off injuries, then trade guys like Clemons and rice for two first rounders. My Madden team is undefeated btw.