Skittles - Seattle Mix

Omahawk

Reaction score
Nice. This was a marketing gold mine that they should've tapped into a long time ago. I'm glad they're finally doing it. I hope they're going to have a Super Bowl commercial for it.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
Hmmm... I should dig up one of my old comments from a few months ago where I (marketing background) wondered why Skittles hadn't approached Marshawn yet with an endorsement deal, a match made in Heaven.... then I got skewered by a number of others to the effect of: "Why would a kids candy company want to associate themselves with a drunk driver, blah, blah, blah..."

Some money going to charity and love the Seahawk colors limited addition idea... way to go Beast, well deserved for a guy with a face only a mother could love!

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
About time they paid him! The freeloading had to stop some time. Hard to say how much they have profited off of him the last few years. It says that the Superbowl exposure alone is worth like 5 million to them. Way to go Beast!

Guardian

Reaction score
I doubt I'll find these here in Minnesota, but if I do, it'll make a nice memento of our Super Bowl victory.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Short memories around here. I know I posted this last time it was brought up recently, but Lynch has received compensation from Skittles in the past.

I do think that having Seahawks themed skittles is a great thing and will give their sales a boost at the Super Bowl. It's a win win situation for them and Lynch

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Gotta' get some for our Superbowl party. I'll be checking stores tonight, hopefully they'll be in soon. I would think QFC, Safeway and Fred Meyers in the Seattle area would have them this week.

rightbench

Reaction score
anyone find where they will be selling? I saw something that said some will be auctioned at charity and others said they can get them at the superbowl, but no word on which stores might carry them. I'm in SoCal but my family lives in WA so I want them to get me some!

kidhawk

Reaction score
rightbench":3c6wu6oh said:
anyone find where they will be selling? I saw something that said some will be auctioned at charity and others said they can get them at the superbowl, but no word on which stores might carry them. I'm in SoCal but my family lives in WA so I want them to get me some!

The article I read said that they will NOT be sold in stores.

The special packs would not be sold in stores, however, and fans would get the opportunity to bid on three of them in an online auction at www.SkittlesSeattleMix.com, starting Wednesday.

Read more: http://q13fox.com/2014/01/28/skittles-t ... z2riF33I86

[urltargetblank]http://q13fox.com/2014/01/28/skittles-to-announce-seahawks-deal/#axzz2riEHG8OE[/urltargetblank]

Shock2k

Reaction score
"...analyst says Marshawns publicity will be worth 5 million (to skittles) during the Super Bowl."

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Here's my question, what is Beast Mode's favorite skittle? watch it be something totally not Seattle like Orange, Red or Purple.

drcool

Reaction score
They should sell these in 12 packs. But the question is what would you pay for 12 bags of Skittles? Seems like they could sell them for at least $2 or $3 per pack.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
I would imagine (hope?) that if the auction is successful and Seattle wins the Super Bowl that they'd offer them in stores at least in the Seattle area.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Tweet from Skittles......... "Hey, you can’t buy Skittles “Seattle Mix” in stores, but it’ll be available at surprise events & locations - & stay tuned for another way!"