What hall of fame players do we have on our roster now?

seahawksfanatic000

Reaction score
If every individual on our team maintains their level of play through their career, which players could make it? How many more seasons does lynch need to play like this to be considered?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hmm, good question. Right now I'd go with;

Sherman
Thomas
Wilson
Lynch

Maybe Kam, but he's not quite at the level of these guys.

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
Cruise control to the HoF:

Sherman - One of the most dominant starts to a career. Game will age well.
Thomas - Still young, with a lot of productive years left. Singlehandedly changes a defense.

Legitimate Debate:

Lynch - Some dominant years. Endearing play style. Probably needs a SB MVP/Win. Needs another 2 years of 1200 rushing yards.

Polarizing/Dark Horse:

Russell Wilson - Will always be undervalued due to volume. Needs to maintain efficiency. True debate about the value of QB wins. If he gets 2 SB wins...I think he's definitely going in.

Chancellor - Amazed by his evolution as a player. Not just a one dimensional hitter. Needs to continue this trend, but is already feared throughout the league. Will he be labeled the beneficiary of playing with Sherm/ET?

**Please note, these are also "core" guys. They *should* have plenty of time as a Seahawk to create a good case for the HoF IMO.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2o8d75x1 said:
Hmm, good question. Right now I'd go with;

Sherman
Thomas
Wilson
Lynch

Maybe Kam, but he's not quite at the level of these guys.

If they all keep their game up, win this SB, and keep a similar level (or even better) of play in the future. I wouldn't see why not. Sherman and Thomas especially being All-Pros. Wilson is sadly still early in his career to make this claim.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I don't disagree with much. I think Sherman and Thomas have the best chances followed by Wilson and Lynch. I feel bad for Okung. I think if he could stay healthy for a few years and make the pro bowl every year he would have an outside shot. I think Wilson is going to make it. The whole offense talk will disapear as he gets more weapons to work with and I think this team has a chance to do great things for years to come.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
ZagHawk":j0enj2m5 said:
Wilson is sadly still early in his career to make this claim.

Why is that sad? Dude's breaking records for 2nd year QB's, and will only get better and better.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Sherman on his current Trajectory is a lock. Likewise for Wilson, Thomas and Lynch. Sherman is just making it known for all, whereas the others are just taking care of business.
My dark horse would be Mebane. Most undervalued guy on the Defense IMO.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Mebane? C'mon, this is HOF, pretty sure no Pro Bowls + age 29 = not a chance in hell.

Sac

Reaction score
Love me some 'Bane, but won't have the numbers that Hall voters look for. He's a beast though.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Tough to say. I'm obviously not a Seattle fan but if they retired today, none.

Now, if they continue their career trajectory, I'd say Sherman and Thomas.

Lynch is questionable (and for the record as much as I love the guy I don't think Frank Gore is making the Hall either).

Wilson may never put up the numbers because of the offense he plays in, so the only way I see him getting in is if he has a Bradshaw/Aikman type career...IE, multiple SB wins but not huge numbers.

Jac

Reaction score
Marvin49":3m29mup2 said:
Wilson may never put up the numbers because of the offense he plays in, so the only way I see him getting in is if he has a Bradshaw/Aikman type career...IE, multiple SB wins but not huge numbers.

If Wilson's our QB for the next 12 years, then there will be a number of ebbs and flows to what this offense is. We'll realistically have gone through two or more head coaches, multiple offensive coordinators, and variations as to what team/offense strengths are.

Jeremy517

Reaction score
Lynch has no chance unless he bucks the RB trend and has a few strong years in his thirties. Two more years like his 2013 doesn't even get him to 10,000 yards.

Wilson probably isn't getting in unless the reins are taken off and is allowed to start slinging it all over the field. It is a pass-happy league, and the rules are getting more and more restrictive for defenders. Passing numbers are going to continue to get more and more ridiculous. Don't be surprised if we see someone throw for 6,000 yards in a season in the not-to-distant future. It will take video game-like numbers for a QB to get in the Hall by the time Russell retires.

We love having these guys on our team, and they'll be strong Ring of Honor candidates, but the Hall is another story. The selection process for the NFL HoF make it really tough to get in, and it is creating a backlog of players. The list starts at 25, then gets pared down to 15, 10, and eventually 5. One it is down to five, another vote is taken and a player must get 80% to make it.

the ditch

Reaction score
The only I can see right now that I think is a HOFer is Earl. Others have potential to but Earl imo is the best in the league and he's only 24, he could have another 6 years of being the best at his position then more at a high level.

aawolf

Reaction score
Wilson is on a record-breaking pace. As many TDs than Manning over two years (2d all time by the way). Just imagine if he continues to put up about 30 TDs per year, which is his trajectory..he could be one of the best ever. I think he's on a better pace at this point in his career to get into the hall of fame than any other second year QB in history.

Jac

Reaction score
Marvin49":irp3k468 said:

I looked him up. I didn't realize how mediocre Aikman's numbers really were. 32,000 yards and 165 touchdowns (regular season). But leading his team to three Super Bowls with an era-defining team did it for him. I can see the opportunity for this comparison.

BillHawks

Reaction score
Marvin49":2e8n6evn said:
Tough to say. I'm obviously not a Seattle fan but if they retired today, none.

Now, if they continue their career trajectory, I'd say Sherman and Thomas.

Lynch is questionable (and for the record as much as I love the guy I don't think Frank Gore is making the Hall either).

I agree with this. It's really hard to get into the Hall these days. This team is too young for me to even think about HoF status. The hardest part about getting to that level is staying healthy and playing for 10 years.