Latest SB48 forecast may favor us greatly

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Forecast now calling for 35 degrees at kickoff with winds of 20 MPH, gusts of 25-30. No precip.. just cold and wind.

I think wind greatly favors us against the Broncos pass-happy offense.

BamKam

Reaction score
We can win in any weather against these guys, I am not going to stress over the forecast, Hawks should pull out the win rain/snow/cold/hot/wind/etc.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Treefiddy":14ll6i5s said:

They had the forecast on NFL Insiders. Looks like the online weather resources haven't changed their forecast yet.

Largent80

Reaction score
Use a christmas song, but sub.....Let it Blow, let it Blow , Let it Blow.

They use it in Thailand, but for other reasons.

seahawksny

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3w3ev8k4 said:
I don't want any excuses for the media. We can beat them in any weather.

Media will make excuses anyway. LET THEM MAKE EXCUSES-

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Largent80":2qp0d5vi said:
Use a christmas song, but sub.....Let it Blow, let it Blow , Let it Blow.

They use it in Thailand, but for other reasons.
TMI Rob. j/k Yeah Accuweather and weather.com have it still around 10 mph. We shall see but it sure would help our team.

drdiags

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":fxhebzsb said:
If Manning throws up one of those ducks in the wind, ET will be waiting......

Hopefully this time he catches it instead of giving me a heart attack like the Saints game. :p

:thirishdrinkers:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
HawkFan72":hdxpb5lc said:
I don't want any excuses for the media. We can beat them in any weather.

Screw the media, the worst the weather the better.

Is anyone in the media outside of Seattle discounting the 2006 Steelers SB win because we got screwed by the refs? I know I haven't heard anyone.

Northhawk

Reaction score
I realize people are thinking this favours our run offense and defense but RW has to play in the same weather as Manning. That last game against the Saints where the wind was swirling in the Clink gave RW a hard time.

I'd prefer cool and no wind, snow or rain.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
You can take all of the excuses, write them down on paper and stack the Lombardi Trophy on top of them!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
We can beat them on a neutral field in neutral weather, I honestly believe that, but I have no problem admitting I wouldn't mind a little wind to create more challenge to the NFL's most prolific passer this year.

Honestly? I could care LESS what ANYBODY wants to say after we win. JUST WIN AND BRING US HOME THE LOMBARDI WE DESERVE! WE ALL WE GOT WE ALL WE NEED!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
49thHawk":3w463tre said:
I realize people are thinking this favours our run offense and defense but RW has to play in the same weather as Manning. That last game against the Saints where the wind was swirling in the Clink gave RW a hard time.

But the difference is RW only throws the ball 15-20 times a game, as opposed to 40+ times a game like Manning. Also when Russell throws, many of those passes are after scrambling and don't require precision timing and accuracy.

There's no discussion IMO, bad weather favors the Hawks. A lot. We can run AND pass, Denver has no shot at all if they can't pass.

Polaris

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2q4z1tbt said:
49thHawk":2q4z1tbt said:

But the difference is RW only throws the ball 15-20 times a game, as opposed to 40+ times a game like Manning. Also when Russell throws, many of those passes are after scrambling and don't require precision timing and accuracy.

There's no discussion IMO, bad weather favors the Hawks. A lot. We can run AND pass, Denver has no shot at all if they can't pass.

Agreed. If the conditions are like they were doing our Divisional game, it's "game over" for Denver. That said, last I heard the forcast called for temps in the low thirties to upper twenties (farenheit), a chance of precip, and fairly calm winds (less than 10mph).

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Polaris":3jvf7wgq said:
Sgt. Largent":3jvf7wgq said:
49thHawk":3jvf7wgq said:

Agreed. If the conditions are like they were doing our Divisional game, it's "game over" for Denver. That said, last I heard the forcast called for temps in the low thirties to upper twenties (farenheit), a chance of precip, and fairly calm winds (less than 10mph).

I think any weatherman will tell you any forecast outside of 2-3 days is mostly guessing. Sure they can tell if there's a huge storm coming in, but besides that they can't really pinpoint stuff like wind and precipitation just yet. We'll know more Thursday and Friday.