CBS sports guy embarassed about Lynch's media day antics

Scottemojo

Reaction score
That is hilarious. Reporters get pretty damn mad when the guy just spoke more words than in the last 4 years combined.

This particular guy, Doyel, implies Lynch is selfish for not interviewing, when if he had his shit straight, he would know Lynch doesn't talk specifically because he doesn't want attention he thinks should go to others.

The guy comes off like a jilted lover.

tacomahawk

Reaction score
Love me some Beast Mode, cause he's all bout that action Boss. Primetime's interview made me love Beast even more, and I couldn't care less about this reporter, and what he thinks he is entitled to.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Wow, he got really got his p$#%^& in a bunch.

Exclusive!! Greg Doyel when he gets back to his hotel room.

Vesper in the shower 8398

NinjaHawk

Reaction score
Man, that interview Marshawn gave with Deion was the greatest thing I've ever seen, he gave me CHILLS. Denver is in trouble come Sunday, Lynch is ready to hurt people. The media needs to just let the man be and be grateful they get to watch him on the field.

"I'm 'bout that action, boss..."

Blitzfan

Reaction score
Where the hell does this sense of entitlement come from with the media? The arrogance this guys displays in his writing is sickening. And Clayton's rant, I'm done with him, talk about an over inflated ego, good grief. Hey KOMO, I hope you get this loud and clear. Whenever Clayton come on your station, I'm tuning out. Marshawn may not have a choice but I do.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Soon there were about 50 of us just standing there, watching him watch us. It was a stalemate of stupid.

"Some job we have, huh?" the Kansas City Star's Sam Mellinger muttered to me.

"Humiliating," I whispered back.

You're spending a Tuesday afternoon in a sports arena recording quotes from superstar athletes. And getting paid for it. Get a sense of freakin' perspective. This is an embarrassing exchange, and I'm shocked someone would be dumb enough to publish it in their own article.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
For the second straight week the Seahawks have given the media to talk about. For the second straight week the media has complained about it.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Wow, so many media outlets are putting out reports how Marshawn "embarrassed himself" whereas the majority of players and former players think he was fantastic.

Just leave him alone. And really, the 6 minutes he gave were great and the 2 mins with Prime were fantastic.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Meanwhile a 5 minute interview he gave ends up with having people make fun of how he spoke and what he said.

I am sure him having 1 hour of answers wouldn't add any more fuel to the fire.

The guy was pilloried and mocked in Buffalo, raked over the coals (some deserved/some not), and had everything from his family to his own value picked apart. Shockingly he hates people that do crap like that and doesn't want to talk to people like that again.

Go back and look at the types of interviews he did before he left Buffalo. You will see a guy that was much more extroverted and much more willing to express himself. But he got burned and so he went into a shell a bit from that, who could blame him?

If 100K removes the distractions that could result from a bad interview or misquote, it was probably worth it. Marshawn seems to believe it might have been.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
All I know is Lynch has got to be giving Dave Pearson a migraine.

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
Marshawn is the best interview all day. Who says the interview has to last more than that. Dude got me all pumped up for the game. Most of these reporters are a bunch of whiney bitches. Seattl reporters do not get wll bent about him, it is the way he is and he consistent about it.

Bring the pain Beast on Sunday!!!!!!

Smellyman

Reaction score
Chad Johnson is the guy CBS has on their payroll to talk about this. LOL

Nice work CBS

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Its obvious Marshawn doesnt trust many sports writers and the like.. the only one he talked to (Mike Silver) is a HUGE Cal Bears supporter.

He gave his one interview to Deion, a guy he probably actually respects.. and don't think these ex-players don't understand where Marshawn is coming from either. Every one of them on the NFLN panel was supporting Marshawn saying if he doesn't want to talk, dont make him talk.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I question some of these guys concepts in regards to marketing.

Warner (in particular) rambling on about how this is "Marshawn's time to promote himself, to promote the Beastmode brand". I suggest Lynch is actually doing more, with less, to promote his brand. Sometimes, less really is more and Lynch is rapidly becoming a hero to the counter-culture. An anti-hero, if you will. I pray the day never comes when individuality is not celebrated.