What do you guys think of THIS?

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
First of all, I am a fan of Colbert. But as I saw this last night, I was fuming, and I am done with him.

mikeak

Reaction score
It was hilarious - like he always is. In general he takes Sherman's side so I am confused how this could annoy anyone.

He points out that Sherman said "hell of a game" something not really shown in actual sports media

He makes a joking statement about the thug comment but if you are able to read between the lines he clearly agrees with what Sherman says

Then he makes fun of the NFL fine system

What is there not to like???????

kidhawk

Reaction score
Largent80":1y7jqndh said:
First of all, I am a fan of Colbert. But as I saw this last night, I was fuming, and I am done with him.

I didn't see it until you posted it, but It doesn't bother me. I didn't find most of it funny, but I can see the sarcasm dripping from every bit of this segment. The only bit I thought was funny was the part about Crabtree High Fiving Sherman's face

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Maybe I was in the wrong mood last night?.

However, a whole week of talking about it made me not want to see it anymore.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Largent80":iz0y75n6 said:
Maybe I was in the wrong mood last night?.

However, a whole week of talking about it made me not want to see it anymore.

I can understand that. I'm tired of all the hype over it as well. I do generally like his sarcastic humor but this subject has grown tired quickly

BleedGreenNblue

Reaction score
I dont see anything wrong with it. Personally Im tired of seeing shermans face. I cant wait to see it again with a helmet over it snatching Peytons passes out of the air.

m0ng0

Reaction score
I really don't get some of you.......I thought it was funny, lighten up folks

lsheldon

Reaction score
I thought it was funny. He's just making fun of the situation being blown out of proportion.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Colbert's schtick is 100 percent satire all the time. He actually took Richard Sherman's side on everything.

Seeker

Reaction score
I forgot republicans don't know Colbert is satire.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Reaneypark":24cerz02 said:
Colbert's schtick is 100 percent satire all the time. He actually took Richard Sherman's side on everything.

I completely agree. I don't think he was anti-sherman at all. I also generally really like his humor. I just think I'm so tired of hearing about this that I'm too tired to enjoy it on this particular one. I think if I were to look back on this in a few months or so and watched it, I'd probably be laughing, just not right now. I'm ready to be past one little outburst by sherman which is absolutely meaningless in the big picture, and get on with what we are all waiting for, and that is winning Super Bowl XLVIII

thebanjodude

Reaction score
Yeah the whole thing was a joke..."Crabtree had the class to high five him in the face"

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
If you don't think that's funny you've never watched Stephen Colbert before.