I think Harvin has truly embraced being in Seattle

niveky

Reaction score
He did a short interview on Siriusxm today as part of media day and one of his primary things he talked about was how when they were leaving on the bus for the airport it was a 30 minute trip and he saw thousands of fans along the highway sending them off and they saw fans all the way through the end of that ride.....i am pretty sure we are going to see a lot of special things from Harvin not only this sunday, but for the rest of the years he is here as well.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I've often wondered if he truly felt at home here or being that he's missed so much time if he feels the same comradery as the rest of the guys. If he really feels like he's part of the team and family, or if he still feels a bit like an outsider. Or at the same time if the other guys have accepted him and feel like he's part of the family.

OP
OP
niveky

niveky

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":tyaznkdg said:
I've often wondered if he truly felt at home here or being that he's missed so much time if he feels the same comradery as the rest of the guys. If he really feels like he's part of the team and family, or if he still feels a bit like an outsider. Or at the same time if the other guys have accepted him and feel like he's part of the family.

Just really, hearing him talk about the fans being lined up the whole 30 minute trip to the airport like he did...it just really sounded like it hit him hard...like it made a profound impact on him

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Well good I hope so. We're invested long term so I'd love it if he was truly able to become an integral part of this team.

OP
OP
niveky

niveky

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":15ihda3f said:
Well good I hope so. We're invested long term so I'd love it if he was truly able to become an integral part of this team.

me too man...i mean...even with pieces missing every season..if they keep doing such a great job with personnel they could be in the mix for years to come...i mean don't want to think like it yet..even though i have lots of hope...the closest thing maybe we could hope to be would be like the patriots over the last decade..which would be a blessing indeed. would really be helpful for the next 3-4 years if he is truly all in.

rjdriver

Reaction score
I don't know what the rules are, but it always bothered me a little bit that Percy never seemed to publicly support the team by being on the sidelines. Maybe he was, but I never noticed him in the games I was lucky enough to watch on TV. I love the post, good to know that he is also buying in to the magic we have this year. I expect a few special plays from him this Sunday.

OP
OP
niveky

niveky

Reaction score
rjdriver":bnz85sfo said:
I don't know what the rules are, but it always bothered me a little bit that Percy never seemed to publicly support the team by being on the sidelines. Maybe he was, but I never noticed him in the games I was lucky enough to watch on TV. I love the post, good to know that he is also buying in to the magic we have this year. I expect a few special plays from him this Sunday.

I'm expecting that too. Hopefully he'll blow away our expectations

The Yugoslavian

Reaction score
Is there a link somewhere? From everything I've picked up on, even though he hasn't been on the field at all, he has been very much a part of the dynamic of the locker room and welcomed by all the players. I think the fact that we made it here without him, a player who is used to being THE reason the teams he plays for are successful, has humbled him and been a great character building experience. Its a perfect environment for his return this Sunday. No pressure, anything he is able to contribute is simply a bonus this year. I expect big things from him this game, I really do. Care-free Per-cy

OP
OP
niveky

niveky

Reaction score
The Yugoslavian":37ams9k9 said:
Is there a link somewhere? From everything I've picked up on, even though he hasn't been on the field at all, he has been very much a part of the dynamic of the locker room and welcomed by all the players. I think the fact that we made it here without him, a player who is used to being THE reason the teams he plays for are successful, has humbled him and been a great character building experience. Its a perfect environment for his return this Sunday. No pressure, anything he is able to contribute is simply a bonus this year. I expect big things from him this game, I really do. Care-free Per-cy

if there is a link not sure where it would be. it was a long string of 2-3 minute interviews on siriusxm today with a lot of the players and coaches. ones i heard were bobby wagner, malcom smith, doug baldwin, dan quinn, john schnieder, and zach miller. They had johnathon vilma as a guest host on moving the chains later in the afternoon and he thinks seattle will win and that the hawks defense have the advantage in the redzone.

HawkWow

Reaction score
"I think Harvin has truly embraced being in Seattle"?
With all respect, OP, that has to be the understatement of the year.

KDshouldBeOurMJ

Reaction score
rjdriver":omep0a1q said:

It shouldn't bother you...
I watched a NFL network program on Darrelle Reevus months back showing his path having ACL surgery and rehabilitation of the injury.
It showed him watching his teams games up by the pressboxs. He said he has and will watch all the Jets games away from the sideline, he also said he wasnt attending any game meetings for each coming sunday. One might think the same you did about Percy towards Reevus.
His reasoning, which i completely agree with and understand was that it was too hard for him to be on the sidelines and meetings when he couldnt physically go on the field and help or be a part of the team. He said he couldnt stand being injured and not being able to be a part of the team, and he was as much of anchor of that team as lynch is for the hawks.
You can tell Percy is as much a competitor as anyone else; the way he disregards his own body going for the ball. Remember, Percy thought he was good to play 4-5 weeks before he even was participating fully in practice. It could just be too hard for him to be on that sideline not being able to play. and its not like he has any leadership responsibilities or obligations on this team yet.
You couple that with the fact he has spent more than half this season rehabilitating in New York, he even went back to NY after he re aggravated his hip in the vikings game, than I don't think anyone should think twice of his absence on the sideline.
I have played sports my whole life, there is nothing worse in sports being sidelined and watching your team play when you know you could help your team.
It was probably uncomfortable for him to be on the sideline in street clothes. Or wasnt even in the state lol