What do you think if Percy....

Hawk4lyfe

Reaction score
Wins the SB MVP with a performance that is good, but equal to another players performance? Such as lynch or ET?
Do you cringe because Lynch and ET have been here all year and put in the work, and may be thought of as more deserving? Or is it all good, he played in biggest game that mattered? A topic among some friends of mine at work, curious what the other 12's think.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
I would think...... WE WON THE SUPERBOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO HAWKS!!!!!!!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I don't care if the ball boy wins MVP, the only trophy I care about is the Lombardi.

OP
OP
H

Hawk4lyfe

Reaction score
I Thought that us winning was a given. I personally wouldn't care per say, but I would feel that the guys that contributed all year would be more deserving.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Who would you vote mvp.

Lynch 100 yds 2 tds
Harvin 100 yds rec 1 td, 1 ret td
Wilson 200yds 2 tds, 1 rush td

Throwdown

Reaction score
Wenhawk":3iv6xabe said:
Who would you vote mvp.

Lynch 100 yds 2 tds

Russ put in some WORK with those stats, Russ easy.

KDshouldBeOurMJ

Reaction score
in the first game percy had that critical 3rd down catch amd a game changing return. Who kmows how that vikings game goes without him. In the second and last game he played, the divisional against the saints he had a few catchs, one on a 3rd down and drew that 15 yd. personal foul. And on the other hand who knows if we win that saints game if the saints would of drawn up a different game plan for us. So maybe we wouldnt of had home field advantage or advance to the NFC championship. I know we probably would be in the same place without him but you never know. So i think its fair for him to get the MVP if he earns it since he did have an impact on us getting to this point, how significant that impact has been can only be speculated on. For Percy to get the MVP come sunday he would have to pull over 150 recieving yards with a recieving td or two, and be stellar in the return game with a possibly td in special teams too. I think all in all if he has 250 all purpose yards and 3 td's he will get it. which isnt a stretch, Baldwin had 220 all purpose against San Fran...
Wouldnt it be amazing if Percy had a recieving td(or 2), kr td and a rushing td. If you watch how much he was used on the vikings, i dont think ita too much of s stretch to think he could be used in all facets of the offense and special teams since bevell has had histort using Percy to his full extent.
My bold prediction, Harving has 200+ all purpose yds with multiple td's, but Lynch pulls in the MVP with a career record day for him of 150 and 2 rushing td's and 1 recieving td.
cant wait for sunday, this years defense is one that will go down in history and that cant happen without capping it off with a championship.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Wenhawk":ci7xkyhk said:
Who would you vote mvp.

Lynch 100 yds 2 tds

Odds are greatly in favor of Wilson winning it in that case.

KDshouldBeOurMJ

Reaction score
wilson would win if it turns out like that, the qb of the winning team seems to win 75% of the time and you add that with him getting one td on the ground, game over.
I know everyone has heard the whole "peyton deserves this superbowl for his legacy to be cemented". does anyone else find that ridiculous?
So many great players never even get the chance to play in a superbowl, let alone win one. For instance Dick Butkus never even played in a playoff game.
And for someone to think a player (manning) deserves 2 rings before a franchise deserves their first (especially after getting screwed out of one 8 years prior) is ridiculous.
If the "football gods" are pulling for a team i think it is safe to say the seahawks are more deserving.
I dont think fate or god for that matter cares about football im just saying..
On another note i think with harvins spectacular return we are a top 5 offense so we win this game. I think we win without harvin, but since we have him, all the better.
If he is the difference in this game he deserves to be the MVP regardless of his contributions during prior games or lack thereof.

sutz

Reaction score
It should go to the guy who contributes the most to the win in this game. It's not a season award, it's a game award. If Harvin is that guy, I'm all in.

I think it's unlikely, but I'd take it in a heartbeat.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":35jnaam9 said:
Wenhawk":35jnaam9 said:
Who would you vote mvp.

Lynch 100 yds 2 tds

Odds are greatly in favor of Wilson winning it in that case.

I think more information is required:

What if Russ' 2 TDs were screens to Lynch with Lynch breaking a combined 6 tackles (sealing the win) while RW finishes 8 of 22, scoring on a 1 yd bootleg before fumbling twice?

volsunghawk

Reaction score
If we win the SB, they can give the MVP to Lemuel Jeanpierre for all I care. I just want the win, and I don't care if it's by a single point or on a stupid, ridiculous play. The win is all that matters.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
It will probably take till next season to sink in, but I will think....

"lol, why are all the .net Harvin haterz in 11 jerseys?"

jkitsune

Reaction score
I'd personally love for Harvin to win Super Bowl MVP. It would put to bed this year-long storyline and take the spotlight off of Harvin going into next season, which can only be good for him and the team.

SilkMonkey

Reaction score
It can be Colin Hauptmann or something, who cares? If a Seahawk wins MVP we won, good enough.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":3dvd4g49 said:
Man, can you imagine that there will be some fan out there, if/after the Seahawks win, complaining about who got MVP?

Happily there will be no shortage of people lined up to smack them in the face.