Press coverage

seabowl

Reaction score
Anyone else think that we are going to try and knock the crap out of the Bronco receivers at the line? I do. Peyton is so used to getting the ball off early that if we jam up their receivers, it will allow the rushing lineman time to get to Manning.

calinator

Reaction score
They have to. I firmly believe that is what gave him problems with the patriots years ago(his kryptonite). I hope the coaching looked at old tape a little of those games. Now do they use a lot of zone or man?

DtownNative

Reaction score
Coming from a Denver fan ~ this is one of the long proven strategies in knocking Manning off his game. Manning is most successful on quick release and timing. He goes thru progressions very quickly.

Personally, I think its a must to jam our receivers. Seattle certainly has the DB's to do it. One of the scariest aspects about Demaryius Thomas is his quick and long stride YAC, BUT he's just not that physical as compared to someone like a Dez Bryant.

Giblien

Reaction score
I was having the same thought. If we can play super physical within the 5 yards of the line of scrimmage, it could be a VERY long day for Manning. I think we will be able to and I think we win the game largely because of it.

sutz

Reaction score
We use press a lot. Denver counters with the bunch formations in an attempt to get at least one guy off the line quickly. Can we effectvely jam the whole "bunch" at the line? We'll see. We're at least three, and maybe 4 guys deep in starting quality corners this year. Plus both of our safeties are not too shabby either.

ManBunts

Reaction score
sutz":zolmezt5 said:
We use press a lot. Denver counters with the bunch formations in an attempt to get at least one guy off the line quickly. Can we effectvely jam the whole "bunch" at the line? We'll see. We're at least three, and maybe 4 guys deep in starting quality corners this year. Plus both of our safeties are not too shabby either.

But if you can jam up 2/3 WRs in a bunch at the line, I'm more than confident in letting Kam and Bobby split the difference and cover the remaining one in open field.

I personally am more a believer we need to attack the passing game at the source. Hit Manning, often and hard. Can't give him time to look for holes.

sutz

Reaction score
ManBunts":30kw5z37 said:
sutz":30kw5z37 said:

But if you can jam up 2/3 WRs in a bunch at the line, I'm more than confident in letting Kam and Bobby split the difference and cover the remaining one in open field.

I personally am more a believer we need to attack the passing game at the source. Hit Manning, often and hard. Can't give him time to look for holes.
Yes, we need to pressure Manning, but one of their strengths is how fast they get the ball out. If we can't delay that aspect, the DL won't have time to get to Manning. That means closing down the quick outside throws.

I think we've actually been pretty good at this all year, and we have been pretty dominant against screens, too, including WR screens. We have guys that can close fast and break down the blocking. If Manning is truly throwing "ducks" as has been said somewhat, those quick outside throws are pretty dangerous for them, if we can get a DB in there to break it up or pick it off.