Ron Jaworski has to be the dumbest "expert" EVER

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
He never fails to be so completely clueless its astounding. How did this guy actaully play QB? How does he actually draw a paycheck?
WTF is a "random quarterback"? Why doesn't anyone ever challenge this doofus? This guy makes Trent Dilfer look like Stephen Hawking.

Polaris

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":11cmgdb9 said:
He never fails to be so completely clueless its astounding. How did this guy actaully play QB? How does he actually draw a paycheck?
WTF is a "random quarterback"? Why doesn't anyone ever challenge this doofus? This guy makes Trent Dilfer look like Stephen Hawking.

He also doesn't see the value of limiting Peyton's possessions. Say what? Have you forgotten everything you ever learned about time of possession???? At least Montana set him straight on that one.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Did Pete Prisco die? No, wait, even if he did he would still qualify under "EVER."

Hmmm...

Can't agree, OP.

davidonmi

Reaction score
sorry but I have to agree with Jaworski on this one.
What he says is wilson just makes plays but he doesn't understand how it happens, so it's pretty much his way of saying wilson is the least conventional QB in the league who's successful.
However his comment on Kaepernick before the season will and should be held against him forever, that was dumb

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Seriously though, Jaws has enough X's and O's knowledge to not really contend for dumbest. It just doesn't translate into good analysis, so he's not very good overall.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Turn off the TV and get outside a little between now and Sunday. The 24/7 chatter will break the strongest of us all.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
davidonmi":16vqyuqt said:
What he says is wilson just makes plays but he doesn't understand how it happens, so it's pretty much his way of saying wilson is the least conventional QB in the league who's successful.
However his comment on Kaepernick before the season will and should be held against him forever, that was dumb

He said that Wilson does not understand how he makes plays? This is the same guy that thinks kaepernick will be the GOAT QB and thinks this because he is big.

Reaction score
davidonmi":2nvcl0kj said:

When you say what you have highlighted above - are you referring to Jaws? Or to Russell? If you are saying the former, then I'd agree - but if you are referring to Russell, then I couldn't disagree more. Russell very much understands how it happens, that's why he's been able to do it so much. He can be effective playing the traditional QB role, but really does special things when forced to innovate...and part of that is BECAUSE he prepares and studies so well.

Marvin49

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":i6h5fd66 said:
davidonmi":i6h5fd66 said:

He said that Wilson does not understand how he makes plays? This is the same guy that thinks kaepernick will be the GOAT QB and thinks this because he is big.

For the record, he thinks that Kap HAS THE POTENTIAL to be the best ever because of his size, speed, arm, and intelligence.

It's up to Kap...but can you think of another player who has all of those tools the way he does?

Granted tho...it was WAY, WAY, WAY too early to make that statement. He did say he still thought that a few weeks ago on Bay Area Radio but amended it by saying he was hopeing to see more improvement form Kap this year than he saw.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
On Mike and Mike he said that all of WIlson's succes passing comes off broken plays where he runs around and talked about his struggling to make the easy throw. I know this is true for a few games in December, but when people keep making this an absolute statement about Wilson, I seriously wonder if they watched him play at all last year and earlier this year. All they have to do is look at the game winning TD. That was a throw from the pocket.

Of the things where we did struggle with vs San Fran, can anyone think of examples where RW missed "easy throws"? He made those critical 3rd down slant throws that he missed vs New Orleans, but some of these experts don't seem to be acknowledging tht.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Hawk Strap":38rzkdqm said:
Cam Newton

Doesn't have the speed or IMO the temperment (and I know peeps will say the same of Colin here...agree to disagree).

When the Niners got up by 2 scores in that game, you could just see it on his face that it was over.

Colin never got kicked out of school for stealing a laptop either.

Sorry...can't stand Newton. I've never liked the guy.

Marvin49

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":2b4vhbz7 said:
On Mike and Mike he said that all of WIlson's succes passing comes off broken plays where he runs around and talked about his struggling to make the easy throw. I know this is true for a few games in December, but when people keep making this an absolute statement about Wilson, I seriously wonder if they watched him play at all last year and earlier this year. All they have to do is look at the game winning TD. That was a throw from the pocket.

Of the things where we did struggle with vs San Fran, can anyone think of examples where RW missed "easy throws"? He made those critical 3rd down slant throws that he missed vs New Orleans, but some of these experts don't seem to be acknowledging tht.

LOL...Its funny when I hear media people talk like this.

When there are so many people with so few teams to talk about, they will find a way to turn a positive into a negative just to give themselves something to talk about.

Ignore it. Wilson will be fine.

Polaris

Reaction score
Right now Kaep reminds me most of Michael Vick in his prime. Time will tell if Kaep can elevate his passing game beyond what Vick was able to do.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Polaris":3e640hxo said:
Right now Kaep reminds me most of Michael Vick in his prime. Time will tell if Kaep can elevate his passing game beyond what Vick was able to do.

Thats probably fair, but he's also 4 inches taller, 30 lbs heavier, and doesn't run a dog fighting ring in the offseason. :) Vick was also even faster than Kap is.

I think he compares most to Randall Cunningham.

I think he's much more dedicated than either of those guys tho and that's what gives me hope.

The day after everyone had cleared out their lockers and left the building, Kaps was the first car in the parking lot. He knows he needs to improve his progressions. Next year should be interesting.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Chrome_Seahawk":38q6hhdg said:
davidonmi":38q6hhdg said:

When you say what you have highlighted above - are you referring to Jaws? Or to Russell? If you are saying the former, then I'd agree - but if you are referring to Russell, then I couldn't disagree more. Russell very much understands how it happens, that's why he's been able to do it so much. He can be effective playing the traditional QB role, but really does special things when forced to innovate...and part of that is BECAUSE he prepares and studies so well.
Everyone here understands, what I'm refereeing to is jaworski, he sees stuff from a completely conventional mindset so he doesn't get it. When he says that he isn't calling Wilson a bad qb but it's his way of saying unusual. I don't fully agree with that but I understand what he's saying