Seattle beers

Hass2Carlson

Reaction score
What Seattle beers should I look for locally? I may not get to the game and if not I want my Super Bowl party to have a taste of Seattle. What are some of your favorites?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Elysian's Split Shot surprised me with how good it is. One of the best coffee beers I've had.

JonRud

Reaction score
Coors? Oh wait I screwed that one up bigtime....

12thMan1

Reaction score
Big Hoppa from Big Al Brewing! Not as delicious as the tears from the Broncos fans come Sunday but pretty damn close!

Basis4day

Reaction score
Manny's. But you can only get it locally in Seattle. All i really drink when i'm up from the Bay Area.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Manny's or Mac & Jack's African Amber. They are very similar, and both amazing.

Also, I recommend to anyone and everyone that they hit up Black Raven Brewing in Redmond. GREAT brewery. They are in a business park in Redmond, though, so hours are kind of limited for a bar. http://www.blackravenbrewing.com

Green13

Reaction score
Depends on your location. If you are outside of Washington most Seattle beers are probably not distributed in your area. Where are you?

I own a restaurant with 120+ beers on the menu. I believe the best beers on the planet are brewed on the West Coast of the United States. But, and I hate to say it, but Colorado is really good at making beer, too. But screw those fools! I'm taking all CO. beers of the menu!

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Green13":3lo33abm said:
Depends on your location. If you are outside of Washington most Seattle beers are probably not distributed in your area. Where are you?

I own a restaurant with 120+ beers on the menu. I believe the best beers on the planet are brewed on the West Coast of the United States. But, and I hate to say it, but Colorado is really good at making beer, too. But screw those fools! I'm taking all CO. beers of the menu!

What restaurant?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I am in Idaho...and looked for Brown Box Wine and cant find it. I looked at Freddymeyers and it is not in that area. They do have Killians Red here but I know that is a Coors Product or in their product line. I may try the Co-op in Boise. Never know. We do get a lot of the Washington Wines here too. Curious what beers we may have here that would be Seattle based.

Reaction score
Hass2Carlson":dzbad27i said:
What Seattle beers should I look for locally? I may not get to the game and if not I want my Super Bowl party to have a taste of Seattle. What are some of your favorites?
Just to be clear, are you looking for bottles? Or Kegs?

(And for those who haven't realized this already, the OP is in New Jersey and wants a taste of Seattle, so he'd need to be able to purchase these locally in New Jersey)

5280Hawk

Reaction score
RedHook Longhammer IPA - I got some here in Denver for the NFCCG it was really good!

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Dick's Brewing 12th Man Pale Ale is a good choice for obvious reasons, but it may be all sold out everywhere. Not sure about that.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2zdnogc8 said:
Elysian's Split Shot surprised me with how good it is. One of the best coffee beers I've had.

Just about got a sixer of that last week, but hesitated. I'll give it a shot this weekend

I'll throw Pike Scotch into the mix, one of my faves. Distribution might be hard for Seattle beers back east, but I would guess that Pike has a good showing.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
5280Hawk":pq1phxw6 said:
RedHook Longhammer IPA - I got some here in Denver for the NFCCG it was really good!
Or the Redhook ESB... one of my favorites. :thirishdrinkers:

Largent80

Reaction score
Elysian is my favorite Seattle brewery and it isn't even close.

Mac - N - Jacks follows, great beers.