Hawks Dream Liner

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Anyone hear about this? Press conference rollout at 3:00?

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 2,321
OP
OP
ZorntoLargent

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Uh, yeah. My bad. Sent to me by someone that WORKS on the Dreamliner........
They said it will fly over SB 48?

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
We did a 757 for the Hawks some time ago, they no longer own it, but it was based on the same configuration that the government 757s used. Rows of first class seating, facing each other with tables in between. Very sweet setup indeed. The "Air Force 2" models (just a nickname) were a little more elaborate with an office and massive electronics. I would love it if these guys got back into something like that again.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Interestingly, that's a depiction of a cargo airplane... passengers are not carried on cargo-only airplanes.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
The no-fly zone around MetLife Stadium on Sunday has to be fairly large.

Even if true, I don't anticipate it will fly over very close.

OP
OP
ZorntoLargent

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
It's real.........

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    166.3 KB · Views: 2,059
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    160.8 KB · Views: 2,059
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    136.7 KB · Views: 2,059

blue 22

Reaction score
Ha! yeah right. they aint flying over the superbowl. especially in new york. jeez louise

ivotuk

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":1dzdzprv said:
Interestingly, that's a depiction of a cargo airplane... passengers are not carried on cargo-only airplanes.

There's nothing indicating that it is "Cargo Only." It's a plane without windows is really all that we can ascertain, which would be good for keeping players focused on game film :) And actually they do carry passengers on some cargo planes. They have passenger modules that slide in and out as needed.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Considering there will be fighter jets over the stadium armed with sidewinders and AMRAAMs I'm doubtful about how close it will get

pmedic920

Reaction score
e2ame7un.jpg

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
ivotuk":3awoe6of said:
onanygivensunday":3awoe6of said:

There's nothing indicating that it is "Cargo Only." It's a plane without windows is really all that we can ascertain, which would be good for keeping players focused on game film :) And actually they do carry passengers on some cargo planes. They have passenger modules that slide in and out as needed.
Brother, you're talking to one of the engineers who certifies the capabilities of these airplanes with the FAA. That is my job.

That is a 747-8 Freighter... and it is not certified to carry revenue paying passengers... only supernumeraries that are needed to attend to the cargo... sometimes live animals like horses or HAZMAT.

The airplane is approved to carry only 8 persons... two of which must be the pilots.

OrFan

Reaction score
If this thread is to be the one for the plane, could the title depict the actual type of plane it is? It is not a Dreamliner.

I love this bird!

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I copied and pasted this quote from the other similar thread, which is now locked.

Paul Allen is such a class act Owner :th2thumbs:

To set the record straight, Paul Allen IS a great owner but he had nothing to do with this airplane being painted in Hawks colors.

This is all due to Boeing, who still owns the airplane because it will be in a flight test program.

Boeing simply wanted to share the experience with the rest of the area's Hawks fans.

From Boeing's external web site...

The Seahawks are going to the Super Bowl, and this has the city of Seattle more excited than anything else in recent memory. Walk around this city right now and you will see locals everywhere showing much love for our cherished Seahawks. We at Boeing were looking for a unique way to show our love and pride in our hometown team, and what better way to do that than to paint a new 747-8 Freighter in a special Seahawks livery to commemorate this truly special moment in time.

GO HAWKS!!

OP
OP
ZorntoLargent

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":32f8dw44 said:
I copied and pasted this quote from the other similar thread, which is now locked.

Paul Allen is such a class act Owner :th2thumbs:

To set the record straight, Paul Allen IS a great owner but he had nothing to do with this airplane being painted in Hawks colors.

This is all due to Boeing, who still owns the airplane because it will be in a flight test program.

Boeing simply wanted to share the experience with the rest of the area's Hawks fans.

From Boeing's external web site...

The Seahawks are going to the Super Bowl, and this has the city of Seattle more excited than anything else in recent memory. Walk around this city right now and you will see locals everywhere showing much love for our cherished Seahawks. We at Boeing were looking for a unique way to show our love and pride in our hometown team, and what better way to do that than to paint a new 747-8 Freighter in a special Seahawks livery to commemorate this truly special moment in time.

GO HAWKS!!

Great expensive gesture!!!
I noticed on my drive to work today, the factoria T-Mobile building that is sometimes "illuminated" pink........... is now GREEN and BLUE.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
ivotuk":kt73mzmc said:
onanygivensunday":kt73mzmc said:

True that Ivotuk. I have loaded those cargo chair pallets on several aircraft as part of our
job as Cargo loaders. Looked like there were windows on top too. I have flown in C-141, C-130
and other military aircraft that have few windows and a pallet of chairs that gets locked into
the base of the aircraft. Also on side racks fold down along the inside along the length of the
aircraft. I have taken Hops to different locations in my younger days.

:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: