My Greatest Fear

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Im not afraid of Denver, at least not the way I was of San Francisco. The difference in the outcome of this game could come down to the money the NFL will lose if Seattle wins. As with the Stealers game, the NFL will make millions more on a Denver win as theyre the darling in this battle and the memorablia sales for a Donco Superbowl will soar high above those should our Seahawks come out on top.

Im sorry, 2005 has left an incredibly sour taste in my mouth. As the stories all year have shifted from PEDs to Sherman and now Beastmode and I dont think NFL wants us to win this game. Im looking for another horribly officiated Championship game if the Hawks are moving the ball.. Watch Manning get timely calls to extend drives as it will be no surprise because, well, the intentional "cheating" by the L.O.B. which has already been documented as a built in excuse to rape us.

I have confidence that the Hawks are the superior, more well balanced team.. but I think this could be my last year as an NFL fan if this game turns out anything like 2005.

That being said, Im going to say a Seahawks prayer.

"Dear Lord of Balls,

I come to you humbly as a man of few needs. You know that this is a rare occasion that I would come to you but in this instance I do not know where else to turn. You know my heart and my intentions, never swaying from what I know to be righteous and true, never wavering in my love for my team, the Seattle Seahawks. Ok, Ok... Look, Im going to cut to the friggin chase pal.. You effed me with a white helmet, you effed me when you let Griffey and Randy Johnson leave, you effed me with the McIlvaine deal that alienated Shawn Kemp who subsequently left, you effed me in the 2005 superbowl and then you sat by as the Supersonics were ripped from my arms.. Please, this once, allow the Hawks to win or lose, fair and square.. got it!? Thanks b*tch!"

Sprfunk

Reaction score
If we get Jobbed again I am out for good. I don't think it will happen.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
BlueBlood":2f14h1gp said:
Im not afraid of Denver, at least not the way I was of San Francisco. The difference in the outcome of this game could come down to the money the NFL will lose if Seattle wins. As with the Stealers game, the NFL will make millions more on a Denver win as theyre the darling in this battle and the memorablia sales for a Donco Superbowl will soar high above those should our Seahawks come out on top.

And what evidence do you have of this? Do you have some numbers that prove this assertion?

Or is this just alarmist claptrap?

Folks, XL was not an inside job. People need to quit looking for conspiracy when simple human incompetence is the clearest explanation. And this game won't be anything like XL. No stars are retiring, the venue isn't close to one fanbase, etc. And for the love of Pete, can we please quit pretending that the Seahawks are some unpopular team that the league hates and that the general public ignores? Has anyone been paying attention at ALL this year? :34853_doh:

jlwaters1

Reaction score
ridiculous OP statements. There's no conspiracy theory, and despite what people want to believe the refs didn't cost Seattle Super Bowl 40.

Seattle did it to themselves. I'm pretty sure the refs had nothing to do with Seattle letting "Fast" Willie Parker gut them for 70 yards for a TD, or Trufant getting his arse beat on the trick play to Hines Ward.

Sure, there were some bad calls but I'm sick of the lame arguments that it was on the refs. We lost by 2 scores.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Wilson is an up and coming QB that has massive marketability.

You honestly think the NFL would sabotage their ability to collect dollars from that future revenue just to send off Manning who isn't even retiring yet?

Also, other than Manning, nobody is really buying Broncos merch.

For many people on the East Coast, there is the East Coast, the West Coast, Chicago, sometimes Texas and stuff in between. Nobody notices or cares much about the rest. By West Coast, most people on the East really mean California. So it isn't like Seattle is a massive draw either.

The NFL will probably give Manning SuperStar treatment, but Brady would have gotten that and so would Brees. But they won't need to pick a side because nobody will notice or care if the Broncos win, they will just attribute that to Peyton. If anything, the team that appeals more to the average young fan is the Seahawks and so I imagine the Seahawks winning would result in just as many merch/marketing opportunities as Peyton's team winning.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
jlwaters1":3re5l7zq said:
ridiculous OP statements. There's no conspiracy theory, and despite what people want to believe the refs didn't cost Seattle Super Bowl 40.

Seattle did it to themselves. I'm pretty sure the refs had nothing to do with Seattle letting "Fast" Willie Parker gut them for 70 yards for a TD, or Trufant getting his arse beat on the trick play to Hines Ward.

Sure, there were some bad calls but I'm sick of the lame arguments that it was on the refs. We lost by 2 scores.

Oh piss off with this stuff. Obviously the OP was terrible but you don't respond by being an apologist for the reason XL ended the way it did.

Reaction score
Eldorado":p27p53lp said:
Laying the ground work for the inevitable excuse fest, I see.

No he's concerned about getting screwed by the powers to be.
Iam convinced like most here that Seattle is and has been the best team all year.
What is your excuse going to be when we win? Iam willing to bet that very few Denver fans will give Seattle credit for being the better team .
Here is some Iam already hearing from Bronco fans: peds, holding that's never called, steroids, pete cheats etc.
Your forums are truly some of the most out of touch fans I have ever seen.

Greenhell

Reaction score
I'm gun shy like the OP. It would really, really piss me off if this how the NFL works. It's hard to not have those residual feelings considering XL and especially like it seems the NFL wants to see fit that Manning takes his spot as the greatest QB ever (not my opinion). I hate that part of this story. It makes my blood boil at that thought.

OP
OP
B

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Eldorado":3uk5wbw4 said:
Laying the ground work for the inevitable excuse fest, I see.

Sorry we arent the Darlings that you guys are. You got the Forehead! What could go wrong?

FACT, if a team is going to get jobbed in this game it will be us.. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it...

conveniently, you will deny it.

now go buzz buzz

StoneCold

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":2vc6tf4r said:
jlwaters1":2vc6tf4r said:

Oh piss off with this stuff. Obviously the OP was terrible but you don't respond by being an apologist for the reason XL ended the way it did.

Pretty sure the OP was tongue in cheek. If not? (walks away shaking head making Lurch sound)

SC

OP
OP
B

BlueBlood

Reaction score
volsunghawk":1qbt84nl said:
BlueBlood":1qbt84nl said:

And what evidence do you have of this? Do you have some numbers that prove this assertion?

Or is this just alarmist claptrap?

Folks, XL was not an inside job. People need to quit looking for conspiracy when simple human incompetence is the clearest explanation. And this game won't be anything like XL. No stars are retiring, the venue isn't close to one fanbase, etc. And for the love of Pete, can we please quit pretending that the Seahawks are some unpopular team that the league hates and that the general public ignores? Has anyone been paying attention at ALL this year? :34853_doh:

I havent read into this years but after the Superbowl I remember reading how merchandise sales for the winning team was breaking all kinds of sales records..

If you dont the NFL is concerned about MONEY then.. smh

OP
OP
B

BlueBlood

Reaction score
StoneCold":ssvzfyvd said:
MidwestHawker":ssvzfyvd said:
jlwaters1":ssvzfyvd said:

Pretty sure the OP was tongue in cheek. If not? (walks away shaking head making Lurch sound)

SC

99% of that was indeed.. however I dont trust big business..

I JUST WANT A SUPERBOWL!!!!

LETS GET THIS!!!!!

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
jlwaters1":9vuql6bu said:

He's right about Kemp and MacIlvaine.

Hawksalot4277

Reaction score
So if Seattle isn't allowed to play physical down field like they are known to do, and they are flagged frequently, will you consider that being jobbed?