Derrick Coleman

kidhawk

Reaction score
Is anyone else surprised that there hasn't been more of a story line during super bowl media week about this guy? His story is completely unique and I fully expected to see a lot of press on it. I've been surprised at how little we've actually heard about him thus far

Axx

Reaction score
Probably because he doesnt start.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Dont be silly, a man talking too little and one talking too much is miles more interesting than a guy fighting the odds, having an incredible story and being a genuine inspiration to people all over the country.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":3h859z59 said:
Dont be silly, a man talking too little and one talking too much is miles more interesting than a guy fighting the odds, having an incredible story and being a genuine inspiration to people all over the country.

This...it's too hard to actually have to write a story about Coleman or MRob almost dying. They want their headlines and stories written for them.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
bryantology79":3ti5jztj said:
he did a really good job answering questions yesterday. surprised the networks didnt even mention him.

http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/v ... eb82fc2cd7

I was surprised as well. Hopefully they are going to have more in depth on him and are just saving it for their Game Day segments. It's a really good story line and one of the things I think a lot of people out there who may not be football fans (or seahawks fans) would get behind. I know if he were on a team and it weren't the seahawks, I would want to hear about his story. Usually these types of stories are covered ad nauseum this week.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Not many feel good stories floating around.
Media trying to make the hawks out as ......
Well you know what I'm getting at.
I love me some Seahawks.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
kidhawk":lomp9nl8 said:
Is anyone else surprised that there hasn't been more of a story line during super bowl media week about this guy? His story is completely unique and I fully expected to see a lot of press on it. I've been surprised at how little we've actually heard about him thus far
They have no idea how to handle a deaf person I was surprised nobody seemed to know sign language to possibly ask actual questions. Either way he handled the situation with class and grace he made me proud to be a 12.

dbmack

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":28vf6bmf said:
They have no idea how to handle a deaf person I was surprised nobody seemed to know sign language to possibly ask actual questions. Either way he handled the situation with class and grace he made me proud to be a 12.
Derrick has said he doesn't do sign language.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
dbmack":19q2s6t9 said:
MizzouHawkGal":19q2s6t9 said:
Derrick has said he doesn't do sign language.
Ahh, makes sense then.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
They want to write the stories they brought with them, rather than do real reporting.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Exactly. They already have their stories ... "Hawks are villain, Sherman is a thug and Lynch is disrespectful "
Reaneypark":3uhlxqdi said:
They want to write the stories they brought with them, rather than do real reporting.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Coleman is a starter on ST as there are 3 phases to the game and Coleman is a hella good ST player.

I thought he was exceptional in his PC yesterday and spoke amazingly well for a player with his limitation. A limitation that doesn't limit him a bit.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
kidhawk":3j4tkgo7 said:

Perhaps you have been looking in the wrong places. Go to the news section of Google and search for Derrick Coleman. There are quite a few articles from just the last two days.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
AsylumGuido":1cbz0qtm said:
kidhawk":1cbz0qtm said:

Perhaps you have been looking in the wrong places. Go to the news section of Google and search for Derrick Coleman. There are quite a few articles from just the last two days.

Perhaps I should have been moe specific. I have seen some things but they are not making much of a story out of it. There has been little national coverage and no tv time whatsoever. I've watched tins of fox espn and Nfln this week. The official seahawks site and local papers have quite a bit and there is a smattering of small stories, but I think he would be an excellent story to tell. Not only that he's legally deaf but he seems to be such an amazing individual. I would think one could get his story without having to try to find it.