Strange Silence

Largent80

Reaction score
Regarding Harvin.

Not much at all, and this is a guy that can (and I believe WILL) have an impact in the game.

amill87

Reaction score
In before Roland comments on title!

Harvin is gonna make a lot of Hawk fans very happy in four days...

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Why report on the potential influence of a dynamic football player when the media can turn itself into the center of the story?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Harvin can impact the game in a huge way. I'm glad they are silent about him. Everything said suggests he's good to go for Sunday.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
ESPN is starting to hit the Harvin angle a lot more now.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Anything to lead the pack of Hyenas away from Lynch at this point.

Percy had his own booth yesterday but all anyone really wanted to talk about was Lynch and Sherman.

ivotuk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2ug7qzfi said:
Why report on the potential influence of a dynamic football player when the media can turn itself into the center of the story?

Mediots have really lowered their standards in the past few years.

Everything is overblown and they are fond of such statements as "Sapp BLASTS Player X!!" only to read that Sapps says something like "I'm not sure Player X is starting caliber."

And they are worse than fans when it comes to over reacting to recent success or struggles. Russell misses a pass and headlines are "Russell Wilson's height a disadvantage in the NFL!"

So I'd take the Strange "Silelence" as nothing more than the media preferring to fabricate headlines about Sherman and Lynch.

drdiags

Reaction score
What is weird to me is watching NFLN's coverage is the majority of the topics being about the Seahawks. I now know how the Steelers felt coming into XL. These guys have got to change their discussion points if only not to provide extra incentive for the Broncos.

These air-heads on the networks really make it tough to take Superbowl week. Just a few more days and the game can just be played.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Percy is a secret weapon that shall remain secret ... until game time. We should not mention his name at all ... that's how we shock the world.

Jville

Reaction score
Silence often speaks so very loudly!

So often it is heard before big storms ......

....... and I'm not referring to the weather.

nanomoz

Reaction score
The Broncos won't forget about him. But, that won't help them much.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
There isn't even a (combined) full game of tape on Harvin this year. This hurts the media narrative as much as it hurts the Broncos' prep for #11. It's awkward to type, "based on his output over a year ago, Percy Harvin will be expected to..." or "from what little we saw of him in the Vikings and Saints games, Percy Harvin will take the role of..." Hence the "X-Factor" and "Unknown" labels that confound us as fans as much as anyone else.

Anyone speaking about Harvin is going to have to do so in long-form analysis, like what Field Gulls or Bill Barnwell have to offer. Anyone else is looking for pretty pictures.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
It's no coincidence that little Percy is being overshadowed by... drum roll please... ALL RISE... PEYTON FREAKING MANNING.

Wartooth

Reaction score
They aren't going to talk as much about 'The Percy Factor', because they don't know what it is.
They can ask him stupid questions like "How are you feeling;" and "How much are you going to play?"
But they can't really ask him about anything specific, and Denver has nothing specific to go on either.
When the Hawks go out on offense, the Donko's will be seeing for the first time where he lines up, or doesn't.
And then they'll have to adjust to that, which takes them away from what they have been practicing for.
Percy truly could be the X-Factor, just because he's an unknown.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Hearing a lot now on how we intend to use Harvin (NFL Net). Going so far as to suggest he could be used taking snaps from the gun and that "he should be involved in every play" and the Broncos are preparing for exactly that.

Silence is my 9er neighbors. I'd check on them if I actually cared. A few days ago, Mrs. 9er neighbor brought my wife a roll of Seahawk duct tape and asked that it be applied to my mouth if I get "too loud on Sunday". I don't see "duct tape". I see a roll of Hawk bumper stickers / approximately 30. Less, after I grace the bumpers of their matching Raptors, after they sleep Sunday night.