chiefs vs broncs game a telling of the superbowl?

blazen2392

Reaction score
Who else thinks the superbowl will look like one of these season games?

Even though the broncos won, The chiefs have held the broncos to 27 points in one of these games.

I would consider the chiefs very similar to the seahawks but a very very second rate version of us. If the chiefs can do that kind of defensive damage to the broncos, i don't see them scoring up to 27 points on us. Only possible way this happens is if the seahawks D has a very very bad day on the super bowl. even thats pushing it.

34 points is the most points anyones been able to put up on this defense, and i would consider that a very very bad day for our D.

the way i look at it, our offense just needs to be able to put up 27 points for a very secure win.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
blazen2392":2270ytt9 said:

Even though the broncos won, The chiefs have held the broncos to 27 points in one of these games.

I would consider the chiefs very similar to the seahawks but a very very second rate version of us. If the chiefs can do that kind of defensive damage to the broncos, i don't see them scoring up to 27 points on us. Only possible way this happens is if the seahawks D has a very very bad day on the super bowl. even thats pushing it.

34 points is the most points anyones been able to put up on this defense, and i would consider that a very very bad day for our D.

the way i look at it, our offense just needs to be able to put up 27 points for a very secure win.

Thats what Broncos fans saying, even calling Seattle KC West. I think its utter garbage. We are better than Kansas City in every phase of the game.

plyka

Reaction score
blazen2392":1jm5na9f said:

KC is perhaps the only team in the league that played an easier schedule than the broncos in the entire league. Especially in the early season. If they played the rams I would expect an easy rams victory.

drdiags

Reaction score
From what I can tell the thinking seems to be:

Broncos - Look at Jags, Chargers wk 15, Colts (maybe) and KC (2nd game).

Seahawks - Rams, Cardinals, Texans, 9ers and Colts.

I would think 27-plus points seems about right, unless several key defensive players are having the worse day of their NFL lives. Too bad my NFL Rewind subscription only covers regular season and playoffs. Would love to watch that pre-season game again.

In the first half, Manning was able to make throws on Browner and others. If not for the fumble at the goal line that Browner returned for a TD, the game is tied at half. Browner's TD cause a 14 pt flip and the rout was on in a mop-up second half.

davidonmi

Reaction score
ehh, If the seahawks were to win it would look a lot like the Chargers Broncos game the second go round where SD was able to keep manning off the field.
If denver were to win it would probably look like the IND SEA game where indy was able to wear the seahawks defense down with the no huddle, and our offense played well but couldn't quite keep up.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Shouldn't be that tall of an order considering 3 of their better starters are out on defense and they seem to be hinging all of their defensive cred on some guy named "pot Pie" or something like that. I also don't think we need to score quite as much as 27. Our defense is better than KC's. KC was a total paper tiger who played crap teams.

We got dis...

marymoorhawk

Reaction score
blazen2392":3mzeyi8i said:

The Indy game had a ST TD (Blocked FG returned for TD) so the D gave up 27 points that game.

ivotuk

Reaction score
San Diego Chargers set out the Blueprint. Seattle has a better running game and are light years ahead on defense. I really don't see Denver getting close to winning this game unless we turn the ball over or the Defense has a colossal let down.