Terry Blount stands up for Lynch

Laloosh

Reaction score
Oh wait, no he didn't...

http://espn.go.com/blog/seattle-seahawk ... action-now

...that was OK, until now. This is the Super Bowl, and the Pro Football Writers of America, as an organization, is not pleased.

The PFWA released a statement Wednesday morning, stating it was “extremely disappointed in the lack of meaningful access” to Lynch.

“Several of our long-standing and high-profile members were appalled by Mr. Lynch’s conduct [on media day] and refusal to answer any questions,” the PFWA said in the statement. "We find the statement by the league that ‘players are required to participate and he participated’ to be an affront to our membership.”

Blount says that he never had an issue with Lynch not talking but makes the statement that "Now Lynch has made a joke out of the entire process at the Super Bowl."

:sob_story:

Mojambo

Reaction score
That process was a joke long before Lynch got there.

I swear, sportswriters are somke of the most arrogant and entitled assholes anywhere. You cover a GAME for a living. Stop taking yourself so seriously.

Edited by Chris98251, language.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
He's right though...Marshawn is showing the world how big of a joke the media is

OP
OP
Laloosh

Laloosh

Reaction score
Their use of the term "high-profile members" with regard to PFWA says it all. Bunch of "but wait, I'm a big deal" writers didn't get what they wanted so they're throwing a fit.

Blitzfan

Reaction score
They flaunt their "right" to ask questions and report. Yet they fail acknowledge someones "right" to not answer their questions. Their very existence is in jeopardy with the direct access fans have to their favorite players these days. So they'll whine and complain themselves into extinction by taking this action.

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
These guys are bunch of A-Holes, they have no friggen right to anything. He does not want to talk to you so go blow yourselves. I wish they could line them all up and let Lynch go Beastmode on their arses.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Bu-bu-but the fans! There's social media nowadays. We don't need a majority of these clowns

Polaris

Reaction score
-The Glove-":3vk0kdn3 said:
Bu-bu-but the fans! There's social media nowadays. We don't need a majority of these clowns

Exactly and Lynch said exactly as much. Heck even the ESPN talking heads this afternoon admitted that he had a point....and perhaps Media day was outdated in today's world of social media.

BC-Hawk

Reaction score
What a joke. Beast clearly looked uncomfortable today, he was even shaking. It was uncomfortable to watch. As somebody that's had to deal with anxiety issues I sometimes wonder if Marshawn suffers with something similar just based on his body language. Good on MRob stepping up for his teammate though. At least Marshawn made an effort and yet that's still not good enough. Just let the guy ball.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Polaris":k3cyuj6f said:
-The Glove-":k3cyuj6f said:

Exactly and Lynch said exactly as much. Heck even the ESPN talking heads this afternoon admitted that he had a point....and perhaps Media day was outdated in today's world of social media.

Like I've stated previously...these guys don't want to write a story. They want someone to write it for them-headlines and all, like Sherman did after the NFCCG. If they wanted to write a story, they should talk to Derrick Coleman about his hearing impairment, or MRob's battle back from near-death.

Basis4day

Reaction score
I respect journalism but from this is no longer journalism. They've become paparazzi. It's pretty clear that Lynch isn't trying to be a jerk about it. He just really doesn't want to be in that situation. He just wants to play football.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
These douche bags in the media are talking about what a distraction this is but to whom? Anybody think Lynch cares?? He has done this his whole career. Our team celebrates the individuality of players and the only one who thinks the media matters is the media. :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface:

Seeker

Reaction score
lynch actually had some of the most poignant answers in the whole media day.

he pointed out that no one has a problem with him not talking to the media, but the media.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I love it. Sherman highlighted how the racist pricks are alive and well in our society with his post game rant, and now Lynch is highlighting the entitled dickweeds that are the majority of the media.

IS IT KICKOFF YET?!?!???

drcool

Reaction score
I hate the "media" more and more. They don't want anyone to show emotion, they don't want anyone to actually give their opinion. All they want is robots who give the same bland answers to all their stupid, meaningless questions.

Polaris

Reaction score
drcool":2vl4vx4n said:
I hate the "media" more and more. They don't want anyone to show emotion, they don't want anyone to actually give their opinion. All they want is robots who give the same bland answers to all their stupid, meaningless questions.

Actually they don't. They want someone to go off the handle so they can start a feeding frenzy. It doesn't seem to matter who or what it is or what the circumstances are. Being blase and emotionless seems to be the best defense.

Basically my feelings towards the sports media w/r/t Lynch can be summed up with this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNC4FHR4XLA