Donkey fans are upset at KJ threatening pick routes...

irocdave

Reaction score
http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthr ... ing-routes

Wow is all I have to say. Last time I checked pick routes are not legal. Knocking down the blocking receiver is the only way to get that call. Kam, KJ and Wagner need to lay the wood in the first quarter so that both the refs and the Donkey receivers understand that isn't going to be allowed on Sunday. Would love to see Welker try what he did against the Pats against Kam...Would look a lot like this http://thenewsportsguru.com/nfl/you-got ... on-browner

TzarokHawkFan

Reaction score
The ONLY thing that made welkers hit on talib legal was that it happened RIGHT when he ball got there, if he gets there much earlier, it's a penalty

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
I know this Bronc fan who swears still to this day the Kam hit on Vernon Davis was dirty. :/

Omaha

Reaction score
irocdave":8bn68vqk said:
http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?229300-What!-the-Seahawks-want-to-hit-receivers-if-they-run-crossing-routes

Wow is all I have to say. Last time I checked pick routes are not legal. Knocking down the blocking receiver is the only way to get that call. Kam, KJ and Wagner need to lay the wood in the first quarter so that both the refs and the Donkey receivers understand that isn't going to be allowed on Sunday. Would love to see Welker try what he did against the Pats against Kam...Would look a lot like this http://thenewsportsguru.com/nfl/you-got ... on-browner
Then you need to go check again

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
Omaha":1on9t2se said:
irocdave":1on9t2se said:
http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?229300-What!-the-Seahawks-want-to-hit-receivers-if-they-run-crossing-routes

Legal-illegal....won't matter much when your boys are getting blown up. That will be the desired effect.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Omaha":111gm6gr said:
irocdave":111gm6gr said:

Don't be obtuse. If the ball is in the air, it is OPI. If it isn't, it's a legal play. I don't think we need a tutorial on what a pick or rub is.

I sincerely hope Seattle devastates a couple of these. That tends to lead to short arms a bit later. When Welker got blown up by Browner last year, his little alligator arms helped Seattle get a crucial interception later in the game.

dbsn2420

Reaction score
LOL, those guys think the Donk receivers can just run around and not get dealt with accordingly. Take a look at Browners hit on Welker, look at how quick BB recognized the cross, left his man on the sideline and stepped into Welker to lower the boom! I expect Maxwell and Sherm as well as KJ and Wags to repeat that scenario as many times as it takes for the Donks to realize their on the field with a real Defense!

Axx

Reaction score
lmao, they are calling the LBs dirty but not welker for that blindside block.
ok....

Polaris

Reaction score
Actually if the offensive player is more than one yard downfield, and the ball is behind the LOS, he is NOT allowed to block a defensive player. If the ball is in the air it's (as already has been said) OPI. Pick plays are only quasi legal, and they are 'legal' if you can get the two defensive players to interfere with each other. If you check the Blandino film again, he states that it was "bang-bang" between Welker's hit and the ball arriving, and that's why it wasn't OPI.

However, I don't care. If the Broncos want to run pick routes, then be prepared to pay the price in the middle of the fields. If you don't want the lumber being laid on your receivers in the middle of the field, don't run picks and rubs. It's really that simple.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
They will realize soon enough that the middle of the field will be no pass go and no 200.00 dollars. We will force Peyton to play big boy football and throw OUTSIDE the hashes. If he plans to win he will have to drive it outside or the seam deep.

Breaker

Reaction score
Polaris":3kmnzban said:
Actually if the offensive player is more than one yard downfield, and the ball is behind the LOS, he is NOT allowed to block a defensive player. If the ball is in the air it's (as already has been said) OPI. Pick plays are only quasi legal, and they are 'legal' if you can get the two defensive players to interfere with each other. If you check the Blandino film again, he states that it was "bang-bang" between Welker's hit and the ball arriving, and that's why it wasn't OPI.

However, I don't care. If the Broncos want to run pick routes, then be prepared to pay the price in the middle of the fields. If you don't want the lumber being laid on your receivers in the middle of the field, don't run picks and rubs. It's really that simple.

Well as long as the Seahawk D continues to rape receivers and hold them for 45 seconds at a time, you should be in good shape regardless.

Polaris

Reaction score
Breaker":3heytf7z said:
Polaris":3heytf7z said:

Well as long as the Seahawk D continues to rape receivers and hold them for 45 seconds at a time, you should be in good shape regardless.

Actually if you bother to watch Seattle film, Seattle while being very physical, also tends to press which means most of the contact is within five yards. This is LEGAL.

Instead you'll see a lot of excellent coverage and bump-and-run....and bump and run IS LEGAL. I don't say so. The NFL has said so. A DB is allowed to put his hands on a receiver. That is NOT DPI.....contrary to popular rumor.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Breaker":1yaiwyoh said:

You need some education, son. Read the NFL rule book: http://static.nfl.com/static/content/pu ... 20Book.pdf

If you care to actually read it, you will find that DBs are allowed to do more than you think. They can swipe, paw, and otherwise harass receivers running routes - PAST FIVE YARDS - as long as they don't impede the progress of the receiver or restrict their arm movements/ability to catch the ball, and even the latter part is alright at the discretion of the officials if they think the DB was merely going for the ball and not trying to block the receiver from catching it.

Don't hate just because your DBs lack the proper coaching.

Polaris

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":235tno54 said:
You need some education, son. Read the NFL rule book: http://static.nfl.com/static/content/pu ... 20Book.pdf

If you care to actually read it, you will find that DBs are allowed to do more than you think. They can swipe, paw, and otherwise harass receivers running routes - PAST FIVE YARDS - as long as they don't impede the progress of the receiver or restrict their arm movements/ability to catch the ball, and even the latter part is alright at the discretion of the officials if they think the DB was merely going for the ball and not trying to block the receiver from catching it.

This is what I meant by the overall term "bump and run" but thanks for being very clear about it and citing it.

brendonkuhn

Reaction score
Few more Bronco forum gems...

"to be honest I NEVER really heard of the name Sherman until his little escapade , and I have watched several SeaHawks games this year.. so I have been confused when they keep saying how good this guy is..."

"I came over with Peyton and EVEN I knew who the champ was ....... this Sherman guy I can HONESTLY SAY that I NEVER heard of him before all this mouth stuff..."

"I have watched several about 5 SeaHawk games this year and picked em in the football picks and either he had a bad game or didn't show up cause I cant speak on something the announcers never said and Sherman WAS NOT mentioned... has nothing to do with orange colored glasses....just like the NFC game he made one lucky play at the end of the game could have went either way by inches"

Albeit, this came from the same person (chrissy rules), but my goodness....

Polaris

Reaction score
brendonkuhn":1ityrkyx said:
Few more Bronco forum gems...

"to be honest I NEVER really heard of the name Sherman until his little escapade , and I have watched several SeaHawks games this year.. so I have been confused when they keep saying how good this guy is..."

"I came over with Peyton and EVEN I knew who the champ was ....... this Sherman guy I can HONESTLY SAY that I NEVER heard of him before all this mouth stuff..."

"I have watched several about 5 SeaHawk games this year and picked em in the football picks and either he had a bad game or didn't show up cause I cant speak on something the announcers never said and Sherman WAS NOT mentioned... has nothing to do with orange colored glasses....just like the NFC game he made one lucky play at the end of the game could have went either way by inches"

Albeit, this came from the same person (chrissy rules), but my goodness....

A real football fan would know that a great corner is one that you almost never hear from during the game....because he's so good the QB is terrified to throw it to him and so completely shuts down his part of the field.

Indeed that's where the term shutdown corner comes from. If you hear a corner's name called and it's not a pick, it usually means he made a mistake on a big passing play.

I assure you that NFL players as a whole knew all about Sherman #25 for quite a while now.....

LargentFan

Reaction score
Another thing people don't realize is that once the QB leaves the pocket, receivers are now "blockers" even if the ball gets thrown. A LOT more contact is allowed as long as the ball isn't in the air. It won't play into this game, but still...I think that ignorance of this rule is why a lot of people think Seattle gets away with things.

Also...please PLEASE let the broncos try to get physical with our defense.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I think you can beat a finesse team like the Broncos up. I'm fine with them blowing guys up a couple times. As long as the refs don't throw a flag every time Decker calls for one (read: every time he fails to catch a football), I really feel that they can demoralize these WRs with physical, LEGAL play.