PFT Picks the Seahawks

Polaris

Reaction score
Hawknballs":1mgrarq5 said:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/29/pfts-super-bowl-pick/#comment-3126422

That's interesting given Florio's veiled shot at Russell's appearence at a Knicks game comparied with Peyton's maniacal preperation habits. That said, I agree with MDS' assessment.

I also think Florio is a bit off base. Wilson does quite a bit of film breakdown and study as well....

Boiler

Reaction score
I used to think they were a bunch of hacks, but ever since they were right about the poison pill, I've changed my tune.

Cartire

Reaction score
I still hate florio, but at least he didn't take the cowards pick, and I'll give him that only.

Axx

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2mt5pny1 said:
After looking at the ESPN prognostications, these guys are geniuses!

I watched first take with my friend and damn, skip and steven *gasp* when guest come on and pick the seahawks and say things like "Explain your self".
It was pretty bad.

OP
OP
Hawknballs

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Polaris":1smf93f1 said:
Hawknballs":1smf93f1 said:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/29/pfts-super-bowl-pick/#comment-3126422

That's interesting given Florio's veiled shot at Russell's appearence at a Knicks game comparied with Peyton's maniacal preperation habits. That said, I agree with MDS' assessment.

I also think Florio is a bit off base. Wilson does quite a bit of film breakdown and study as well....

especially since Peyton was interviewed and talked about spending the evening with Eli and his family.

or did Peyton have his iPad so he could film study through dinner??

ivotuk

Reaction score
Polaris":1e9kqmkl said:
Hawknballs":1e9kqmkl said:

Yea he's hung up on that talking point. He said it on Brock and Danny and on Pro Football Talk. It means nothing. You can't study film 24/7 because your brain will burn out. Having fun and relaxing between practices and film study sessions is a good thing.

Of course if a picture came out of Russell Wilson and the Seahawks asleep at 04:00AM Florio would probably say "I'll bet Peyton's not asleep at 04:00AM! He's studying film and will win the Superbowl!"

This year has had the worst media coverage and blunders of any year I have ever seen. Really pathetic. :34853_doh:

olyfan63

Reaction score
ivotuk":39wjyaja said:
[
This year has had the worst media coverage and blunders of any year I have ever seen. Really pathetic. :34853_doh:

Not trying to talk you out of the "Really pathetic" part, but I submit it's the same every year with most national media SB coverage.

It's just that this year, the Seahawks are in it, and you know the Seahawks well enough to fact-check, from memory, the ignorant and incorrect BS, schlock, and trolling the national media passes off on unsuspecting fans as "expert opinion".

uncle fester

Reaction score
Quite surprised by both MDS and Florio picking against the Donkeys. I'd've thought they'd play it safe and go for one each. The streak-of-liquid-vitriol that is the PFT comments thread will be amusing, if nothing else.

Still, nice to read them being objective for once - they haven't held back on their criticisms of the Seahawks this season.

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
The comments section below is priceless.

Bottom line, Denver is like a ballet. Seattle is like a mosh pit. I've been to a ballet and I've been in a mosh pit. The ballet is beautiful, and the athleticism of the dancers is breathtaking. But if you threw those ballerinas in a mosh pit ... watch out.

This will be scary.

Axx

Reaction score
Yup, based off the comments the score will be about
35-10 denver

lobohawk

Reaction score
From all the descriptions of what the Broncos will do (and especially Manning), I don't understand how they lost at all this year. Much less get tested several times by someone they should know very well (Chargers). The unstoppable Manning meme is getting so blown up, it's hard to find reasonable discussion of the game.